duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He would be our coach one day.... there's not just one bit of hesitation on that

- - - Updated - - -

IMHO About Players... Pele and Maradona change the world... Messi, Beckenbauer, Cruyff even creates new ways to play

Garrincha, D'stefano, Zizou, Ronaldo, CR7, Zoff, Buffon, Iniesta, Xavi, Eusebio, Van Basten, Best, Baggio, Matthaus and some others were the best "humans" football players

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I think Zidane is man of principle.

If he has strong loyalties with his home town and clubs he played for.

Like i said. Id put money on him to coach France.
I could see him here also but he seems to be more connected with Real.

I mean we never considered him for youth coach?

Mar 10, 2009
Zidane seems more of coach than a manager imo. Someone who can motivate the team to play well, but not necessary have the correct tactics. I'm not sure I would want him at Juve, that Real Madrid is ridiculously talented.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Zidane seems more of coach than a manager imo. Someone who can motivate the team to play well, but not necessary have the correct tactics. I'm not sure I would want him at Juve, that Real Madrid is ridiculously talented.
I would agree with that but also have to look at who they sold in the Summer and brought nobody in for the starting 11

They had Morata and James as bench options ffs

No team has that luxury

I would put the blame on uncle Flo not Zidane for the season they are having

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I grew up with Zidane and Ronaldo. I've seen players after him.

Today we see a pass by Pjanic, and its called brilliance. We see a stepover and exit other side by Messi, and its genius. Ridiculous.

Zidane defined brilliance. Watching Zidane makes you call Pjanic pass 'nice vision' and messi's dribbel, 'somewhat predictable'. Zidane did things not a single human would have come up with at that point of time, and executed to perfection.

His ballcontroll was the best in history. There hasnt been a single player who could completely wrongfoot an entire 90ties calcio defence like zidane, with just a controll.
Not a single player i've seen who would do one time passes of the extravaganza he did, to perfection

Pirlo has these lovely long balls. Zidane gave long balls without looking at the player, one timed, while turning his marker the wrong way

Zidane is the player who defined new ways of feinting and dribbeling past his opponents, always with a clear goal to end up in a MUCH more dangerous position.

Juve had insane stacked teams in 97 and 98. ANd we blame zidane for not showing up. All that insane talent, but zidane not beeing top, and it didnt work.

Usually such legendary brilliance players are inconsistant. But zidane was by far and away the most consistant of all. Licking his wounds from the lost CL finals, he grew into learning to shine when the opponent was setup up to mark him all over the place.

Imagine Zidane in a modern era team. A balanced team, that accomplished him.

No. You havent seen Zidane(entire career), or Ronaldo (peak career), if you talk about modern players beeing superior. CR7 and Messi are special too. Against considerably inferior opponents

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How does Zidane defines brilliance and genius ? Its actually easy to describe

Give a fragment of the game where Xavi or Pirlo receive a ball. You are told they'll split the defence with a pass. The fragment is paused, you get time and turn the camera 360°. Because of the time you are given, when watching football, alot, you'll have an idea what kind off pass they could have attempted. Thats called beeing insanely good cause they do it in the blink of an eye.

Give a Fragment where the ball goes to Zidane. Pause it. You are told he'll do a great thing that leads to a goal. You have 20 ideas. Play. Nope, zidane did something completely different, in a way you couldnt have predicted and it would put a bunch of highly rated defenders all the wrong way.

That is genius, brilliance. The ability to think of stuff, no expert/professional/elite would, regardless of the time given to come up with an idea.

That is what zidane was. That is what is no longer in the game anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)