Jun 6, 2015
Its more due to what Ronaldo have achieved while being in Real Madrid when you compare it to United. Its much more both on club basis but also individual. Also he been there 8 years this summer and will probably retire there in 3-4 years or how long he continue. He spent "only" 6 years in United.

Maybe you can call him a United legend, but imo its hard to make him fit into that category, but like i said before i respect if you and others see it different for sure.
That's exactly what I don't get. How does accomplishing great things undermine the previous great achievements?

Also from what I've seen from Ronaldo in both teams I'd argue that his peak was at United. Don't remember him being as dominant at Real as he was at United when it comes to overall play, same goes for Zidane.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You can say that, but United was still the biggest football brand before him imo, but sure he helped them become even bigger. 3 United players have won a Ballon d`Or before him.

Would still rank him as a Real Madrid legend more than a United one though. Also because he played his best football years in Real Madrid from his mid twenties and until now.
Hes a Madrid legend too, but doesent stop him from being a United one too. Same way as Pirlo and Zizou have had legendary periods for 2 different clubs

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
That's exactly what I don't get. How does accomplishing great things undermine the previous great achievements?

Also from what I've seen from Ronaldo in both teams I'd argue that his peak was at United. Don't remember him being as dominant at Real as he was at United when it comes to overall play, same goes for Zidane.
I would say his been better for Real Madrid when you look overall, allthough stats also lie from time to time. He scores so many penalties for them, without those he probably would be ranked less.

And i didnt say his achievements in United arent big, but imo its bigger in Real Madrid where he won 3 Ballon d`Ors, "only" 1 in United. Also 2 CL titles in Real, all though i know he reached two finals and won one of them with United.

He been great in both clubs we can agree about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Hes a Madrid legend too, but doesent stop him from being a United one too. Same way as Pirlo and Zizou have had legendary periods for 2 different clubs
Is Pirlo rated as a Juventus legend? Would say his much more of a Milan legend, but okay Juve fans knows better in this case.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
He can qualify for both, but he's coming back as a Juve Ambassador when he ends his tenure at New York, makes it pretty indicative how he feels about Juve.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Zidane was why I became a Juve fan, so he'll be always a special Juve icon for me, though I didn't cared much for him once he left. I do think he's considered a Juve legend by the majority of Juve fans and at the end of the day that's what matters.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Diego is Napoli's and Boca's biggest legend and if messi actually decide to leave Farca he would be an instant legend whereever he goles

Once I said that, Zizou talked so little About Juve and so much about RM that IMO he's only a RM legend

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Nah man, I agree with your overall assessment of players being able to be legends in two clubs, but Ronaldo is considerably better for Real then he was in Man U.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nah man, I agree with your overall assessment of players being able to be legends in two clubs, but Ronaldo is considerably better for Real then he was in Man U.

While thats true, does it mean he isnt a United legend? Hes one of the best and most marketable players they ever had during his 6 years there

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Possibly, but there is no doubt he is a Real man much more, he reached super saiyan level with them and is a fan.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I see cronaldo more a united legend than zizou a juve legend tbh.

If we take in consideration both careers in their respective team, you can say “hey then zizou should be a juve legend too“...

But no, his behaviour when he leaved, his decisiveness on how much he wanted to go to real and ditch us, and ultimately how he enjoyed every second of his real madrid tenure like if he was living the dream everygame....make me reluctant to call him a real juve legend in the line of men liked nedved, del piero and the rest of the old guard. Those players took juve by heart and accompained them until the very end. Zidane got fed up of juve and went to real madrid to fulfill his career and dreams. His son were raised as madridistas and he won another cl as a real madrid coach.

He IS a real madrid legend, by achievements and by heart.

Sorry guys, he is no juve legend. He played his best years here, but his heart is in madrid, and to be a legend , your heart needs to be in turin, not in madrid.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
You know what, I'm gonna stop pratting about for once. Y'all using the word legend too loosely around here, which I'm starting to find annoying.

Del Piero is a club Legend. For what he stood for, what he felt about the club. Stayed when no one gave us a chance in hell in Serie B. Now that's a fucking club Legend.

And you're all comparing the "Legend status" with Zidane at Juve after staying a few poncy seasons.

Behave :lol:

Great player. That's as far as it goes.

That's the difference Ragazzi.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think being a "legend" depends on various factors, but a couple of important ones are:

Servitude and accomplishments/achievements with the club. Zidane definitely won a lot with us, but he "only" stayed here for 5 seasons. However, Baggio only stayed with us for 5 seasons as well. Is he not a club legend?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He achieved the greatest amount of success while suiting up for us, and was mostly an Italian legend during his Juventus tenure :think:

I guess he moved clubs (or was disposed of relentlessly) too frequently to be considered a legend for any one team :boh:

Jun 6, 2015

Probably is. I just prefered the Ronaldo of ManU over the Ronaldo at Real.

He was one of the most dominant dribblers I've seen during his time at United.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)