pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I dont think players should be dubbed as legends for reasons such as which club they were attached to more or for which club they accomplished more. You simply look at the player and see what has he done in your shirt and for how long, greatness and popularity also play a part in it, and if he has or hasnt been a complete douche towards your club after he left. based on such things a player should be proclaimed a legend, not based on if kids remember him play for you or some other club
so, Pirlo - yay or nay?

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
and Vidal?

- - - Updated - - -

nah, the man clearly belongs to Real Madrid, we got enough of our own, we shouldn't borrow other team legends
Pirlo had much more impact off the field than Vidal and was the key to our 1st scudetto (was on the balon dor shortlist without CL football). Also we didnt sell him for his off the field issues like with Vidal. To me Vidal isnt, but I understand that for some people he could classify as one

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Pirlo had much more impact off the field than Vidal and was the key to our 1st scudetto (was on the balon dor shortlist without CL football). Also we didnt sell him for his off the field issues like with Vidal. To me Vidal isnt, but I understand that for some people he could classify as one
how?

Vidal was very key for our 2nd and 3rd scudetto though :D
you could say that we also sold Zidane for his off the field issues with Torino

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
how?

Vidal was very key for our 2nd and 3rd scudetto though :D
you could say that we also sold Zidane for his off the field issues with Torino
We sold Zidane because it was the end of a circle, we (the club and Zizou) got to a crossroad, it was obvious that we achieved the maximum with the team we had and Zizou was 29 and wanted to chase the CL in his remaining years so we had to act. We sold him for a world record fee too. With Vidal it was different, we all know by now about his drinking problems and all that. We were the ones to Initiate the sale while he was still in his prime, which if we considered him a legendary player and persona we wouldnt do. About Vidal vs Pirlo, Andreas 2012 season was just majestic, better than any season Vidal had. He was the face of the team, even when he declined in 14/15 he was still seen as the leader from the outside world. Hes a much more marketable, and definitely much more popular player than Vidal too. Vidal outperformed him for 2 seasons in 2013 and 2014, but overall the Impact Pirlo had on the club in their time here is much greater. Hes a definite legend to me, whereas Vidal is not (even though I aknowledge that some people consider him as one)

Mar 10, 2009
^^
I reckon both Vidal and Pirlo are legends because of the impact they had at Juve's revival. The revival phase is sheer legacy and so it's key components should be treated like one. Heck Inter fans consider Sneijder a legend though he only had one great season [2010].
As for Zidane it's difficult, he is one of our best ever players, but he's love for Real Madrid went a little too extreme for my liking...
That's just me thinking emotionally though

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
@zizinho Pls, from what I've read, Zidane moaned for years how he wants to go to Spain before he eventually left and once he got there he hasnt shut up about how "all the best players play for Real" and how everyone wants to go there. I know that in your definition about club legends when you said "they didnt act like douchebags after they left Juve" you probably meant Vidal, but Zidane was just as bad

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
A club legend is a player who is instantly associated with a particular club. Say Buffon - everybody thinks of Juventus. Say Giggs - everybody thinks Manchowder. Say Xavi - Barcelona. Say Zidane - Real Madrid

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@zizinho Pls, from what I've read, Zidane moaned for years how he wants to go to Spain before he eventually left and once he got there he hasnt shut up about how "all the best players play for Real" and how everyone wants to go there. I know that in your definition about club legends when you said "they didnt act like douchebags after they left Juve" you probably meant Vidal, but Zidane was just as bad
Got any source for that cuz i bet most or all of it is media BS. After he left is another story but i also dont remember him saying much except the shit everyone says when 1st joining a club

- - - Updated - - -

A club legend is a player who is instantly associated with a particular club. Say Buffon - everybody thinks of Juventus. Say Giggs - everybody thinks Manchowder. Say Xavi - Barcelona. Say Zidane - Real Madrid
Say Vidal - :vodka:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Got any source for that cuz i bet most or all of it is media BS. After he left is another story but i also dont remember him saying much except the shit everyone says when 1st joining a club
this is 1999, 2.5 years before he left
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-zidane-ready-to-leave-juventus-1087573.html
this is before he eventually left
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/3008459/Zidane-close-to-Real-deal.html
this is typical Zidane in regards to RM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...a-should-move-to-madrid-if-he-leaves-juventus

if you ask me, that's on par with Juventus being a stepping stone to Bayern

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Fair enough. Just to be clear, i always take interviews with reserve when there is no video evidence behind them. I wont claim i saw all of Zizous interviews but when i saw him speak about these issues i didnt hear him say anything disrespectful, other than what I already mentioned above. Still a legend for what he did for the club on and off the pitch in his time here

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
1st of all, it's a disgrace this man is in history forum and not in Juve legends. Ffs, he won Ballon d'Or in our jersey.

2nd of all, does anyone have all his goals for Juve in good quality?

- - - Updated - - -

Say Igor Tudor - Hajduk Split. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)