Jul 1, 2010
They also play a different position.
That's true but Messi plays as a playmaker for Argentina as well and he has been scoring a shitload of goals there as well in the last 2 years.

Like Emmet says, Zidane was too inconsistent. I dislike Messi but let's be objective here. I'm sure @Fred would agree with me.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
It's so stupid comparing. Everyone bang in goals today not to forget how players are much more protected today. Ball development and the development in football today in general clearly favours offensive players.

Mar 10, 2009
That's true but Messi plays as a playmaker for Argentina as well and he has been scoring a $#@!load of goals there as well in the last 2 years.

Like Emmet says, Zidane was too inconsistent. I dislike Messi but let's be objective here. I'm sure @Fred would agree with me.

I agree Messi was the better player.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Zinedine Zidane tells Alex Ferguson he made a mistake allowing Paul Pogba to leave Manchester United

The Real Madrid sporting director said: "Pogba will go on to be one of the best central midfield players in Europe and he was the natural successor to Paul Scholes.

Zidane has now launched a charm offensive to take the 20-year-old to the Bernabeu.

Zidane said: "The word 'mistake' is not something you would normally associate with Alex Ferguson's time at Manchester United.

"But I do think it was a mistake letting Paul Pogba leave.

"He will go on to be one of the best central midfield players in Europe and he was the natural successor to Paul Scholes, someone they could have built the team around.

"He is with Juventus and doing very well but, as always, Real Madrid will be looking to add the best players in the world."

Pogba made just seven appearances for United – all of them as a substitute.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
You are an idiot and a fag if you think Messi is actually better. A lot of kids these days (particulary in Asia and the ME) who know jack $#@! about football beating their meat to that genetically modified garden gnome and others of his ilk sickens me.
I wasn't stating who was the better player.
Just that Pele is always talking down Messi.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It's so stupid comparing. Everyone bang in goals today not to forget how players are much more protected today. Ball development and the development in football today in general clearly favours offensive players.
Seems like this factor is often downplayed. The new balls make it possible for Ronaldo and Messi to score so much. Just a few years ago this wouldn't have been possible.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
"He is with Juventus and doing very well but, as always, Real Madrid will be looking to add the best players in the world."
I love you Zidane, but please, shove it.

Real Madrid should be looking at developing a team from the ground up instead of shopping like a little spoilt rich girl.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I love you Zidane, but please, shove it.

Real Madrid should be looking at developing a team from the ground up instead of shopping like a little spoilt rich girl.
"shopping like a little spoilt rich girl" has it's advantages though in this oontext, especially when you can afford it. Makes you stronger and your opponents weaker.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
yes, but if you look at Dortmund, winning alone isn't enough. It has to be backed by financials and marketing, otherwise other clubs will take away your best players.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
A lot, one of the top 3 biggest clubs in the world. Highest revenue, profit making and always among contenders for CL, and that don't seem likely to change anytime soon.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
A lot, one of the top 3 biggest clubs in the world. Highest revenue, profit making and always among contenders for CL, and that don't seem likely to change anytime soon.
Always CL contenders :lol:
They reached the semifinals twice with Mourinho, but before that, they where nowhere near winning the CL. I would call them the biggest chokers.

With the amount of money spent on transfers and wages, Real have nothing to be proud of other than their history, which also help them because of their moronic way to run a business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)