Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Messi is better than Zidane and is the best club player of all times.

If he leads Argentina to a world cup triumph, he can be called the greatest player in history. I dislike Messi because he has no personality and plays for a disgusting club but let's not be biased, the guy is a phenomenon.
Come back to me when he does (if he ever) win that World Cup Bro ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
Messi is better than Zidane and is the best club player of all times.

If he leads Argentina to a world cup triumph, he can be called the greatest player in history. I dislike Messi because he has no personality and plays for a disgusting club but let's not be biased, the guy is a phenomenon.
Barca have a better scoring rate this season without messi in the team - just proves that anyone can score in barca's system. That's why he always flops with Argentina (inb4 his hat-trick vs Brazil in a friendly)

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Zidane and Messi have always played in great/superb teams.

Maradona played in average teams and made them great. World beaters in fact.

That's why he is the greatest of all time, all the Messi lovers can go fuck themselves.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Fact is he wasn't that great for us, he was better for France and Real.
He was great with Real, but not all of the time. There were some years after Del Bosque when the team sucked and couldn't win anything. That's when he started thinking seriously about retirement.

As for Juve, you know what his greatest match in his whole career is, according to him (or rather the journalist who interviewed him)? Guess.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
How wasn't he "that great" for us?
He turned up about 8 times per season, usually in the bigger games, if we were away to Empoli or Piacenza he couldn't be assed to play, he would stroll around the pitch and not do much.

I agree Martin he wasn't great all the time, after about 2004 he lived off his reputation. What did he say his best game was for us? He was immense in the 1997 CL semi vs Ajax

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
He turned up about 8 times per season, usually in the bigger games, if we were away to Empoli or Piacenza he couldn't be assed to play, he would stroll around the pitch and not do much.

I agree Martin he wasn't great all the time, after about 2004 he lived off his reputation. What did he say his best game was for us? He was immense in the 1997 CL semi vs Ajax
Gagné

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He's absolutely right.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably his best game for us. I remember the one vs United season after, we lost 3-2 at Old Trafford, but he was brilliant.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The only reason people would say that is the same reason why Milan have a bigger fan base outside of Italy. Is it the one CL trophy he won with Real, which makes the difference ?
No, like Emmet has said previously; Zidane despite of being one of, if not the best player of his generation was very often lazy and unmotivated here. Against lesser side he could've stayed at home. He was player for big games no doubt about that, but in Real he found a new challenge and worked hard for his place. He became very driven then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)