Aug 2, 2005
I dont know about you but im a fuckin desperate for an international trophy.
LOL....

If we are performing up to our normal standard and (shit happened in one season) got relegated to EL and we won it.. I will definitely celebrate it and enjoy it.

But a Juve fan with our current state.. is going to brag about EL trophy.... is a disgrace...

This is like Lazio winning Coppa and bragging about it

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I was with you until the unnecessary and by now extremely boring second paragraph. I've never liked the EL and consider it a shit competition for second rate and failed CL teams. And the coefficient points given for it are laughable. However, some regular big CL teams have used it as a springboard to go on and use it, and it will be useful for our young players in their growth for European football. But many of our players should not be playing in this competition, it is what it is. At the SF stage you try to win it and it becomes something nice, fail and it's just another slap in the face.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Winning the EL doesn't equal a good season but it has become important for a number of reasons. We don't know where we'll end up in the league and would mean CL qualification, in pot 1, plus some prize money. Winning a European competition would also be a huge weight off our back. Winning competitions can create momentum and lift a team. It can only be a positive ahead of next season.

It's not where we want to be but I wouldn't turn my nose up at the chance to win a European trophy. There are plenty of people who care about the Coppa Italia and Italian Super Cup, which are far lesser competitions.

Given where we were in November, winning EL, Coppa Italia and top 4 would be as good as we can hope for in terms of achievable targets and we have a chance at all 3.

The issue is we play terrible football and need something to change for next season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventus is in no position to snub any european trophy. Every season there are a lot of big sides participating in EL. Just this year there were the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Barcelona among others. It would kinda salvage the season and like it's been said, it would allow us to build momentum for the next one. These 2 trophies would open up opportunities for another 2, one of which would be against CL winner. I dont know about the others, but I'd like to see Juve playing European Super cup game. While I agree our brand of football over the past few seasons is far from pleasing the eye of a casual observer, we can boast with some of the mediocre and overaged players, which falls under jurisdiction of sport directors. Changing the coach, which isnt going to happen no matter how much few keep harping over it, while remaining with the group of similar quality is bound to bring more frustrations in years to come. EL is not our standard? Well the current group didnt prove they deserve anything more.

Aug 2, 2005
In addition to what you @Vlad and @Boksic said..

We will have to be more prepared very early in the season as we will have the European Super Cup game against the CL winner.. hopefully, one of Man City or Real... we can not be jogging and go into such a game casually.

On the other side.. we should not brag about winning it.
Win it.. celebrate it for the night.. And that's about it.. nothing more, nothing less. It is not going to change the disastrous season that we had.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Juventus is in no position to snub any european trophy. Every season there are a lot of big sides participating in EL. Just this year there were the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Barcelona among others. It would kinda salvage the season and like it's been said, it would allow us to build momentum for the next one. These 2 trophies would open up opportunities for another 2, one of which would be against CL winner. I dont know about the others, but I'd like to see Juve playing European Super cup game. While I agree our brand of football over the past few seasons is far from pleasing the eye of a casual observer, we can boast with some of the mediocre and overaged players, which falls under jurisdiction of sport directors. Changing the coach, which isnt going to happen no matter how much few keep harping over it, while remaining with the group of similar quality is bound to bring more frustrations in years to come. EL is not our standard? Well the current group didnt prove they deserve anything more.
Yeah, you had the potential champions of both the stronger leagues in Europe crash out of it, while semis are a bunch of midtable teams + Juve. Would not happen in a serious comp like CL.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
EL is nice but I will never trade a scudetto for it especially considering they take those away from us when they feel like it. Let’s not forget the only reason we are in the EL is we won 1 game in the CL. We got embarrassed by the same Benfica that lost to Inter.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
No one is shunning the EL tho. Dunno what makes you think that. Literally everyone wants JJ to win EL more so than consolidating our league position.

It would be fantastic to win a European trophy and we could use this as a springboard to relaunch ourselves in Europe but the truth remains. JJ shouldn't be playing in a competition like EL.

Winning EL would merely save our season from becoming an abject failure. I saw somebody on here saying winning EL would make this season the most successful in 5 years which is pretty ridiculous. Winning scudetto and reaching QF's of CL is still a greater achievement.

Union won their first trophy in 5 years this season. Their longest trophy drought and they managed to win the Carabao cup. They still won a trophy at the end of the day and their fans are in no position to complain that they won just the Carabao cup. It's a good start, however this shouldn't be heralded as an amazing achievement.

It's the same with JJ and winning a European trophy that's not CL.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Being a Juve fan since 2000, yes, I would take any international trophy over any domestic trophy. We're stuck on 11 intl trophies since 1996 FFS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)