Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
That’s a very interesting comparison.
I’ve always considered Platini to be more Pirloesque but unlike Pirlo, Platini scored a lot of goals.
ZZ was more dynamic and also strong as an ox.
Different generations but both fantastic players.
Related but unrelated. My guess is also that from a person that isn't into sports, they would appreciate seeing ZZ playing football much more than watching Platini. ZZ had a lot of grace, and power as you said. Platini had incredible technique but if you're not into sports and understand how incredibly difficult the things he did is. Then he might look more to have a functional technique. But again, for anyone who is into football you'd see the dude was blessed with feet of ballet-God. I'm always amazed when I see Maradona, Platini and the likes dribble in mud against 11 people trying their best to break their bones.
I am too young to have grown up with Platini so I only saw highlights growing up. I grew up with ZZ and had his jersey (Juve ofc), he was probably my favourite player although my list was long. I remember being so underwhelmed the first months after Nedved's arrival. We were struggling a bit and Nedved was not hitting it. Then...

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
@Tak!
I forgot Nedved!
What a superb player. Other than Pirlo, we haven't had a single player since Nedved who even came close to Nedved. I feel that Pogba can be our new Nedved if only he can remain fit and consistent.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zizou is apparently close to taking over at Bayern Munchausen syndrome.

I guess he didn't enjoy the prospects of joining his old team, or we didn't reach out to him because of his nationality, or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)