Zebina: Thank You Thuram (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Zebina thanks idol Thuram Tuesday 8 February, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Zebina says he has benefited from playing alongside his role model, Lilian Thuram, at Juventus this season.

Zebina has established himself as the Juve right-back this term following his summer move from Roma, while fellow Frenchman Thuram has moved into the centre of defence.

"I’ve learned a lot by playing alongside him this season," said Zebina. "He often offers advice and I treasure everything he tells me.

"When you look at what he has achieved in his career, it would be foolish not to listen to him.

"He has been my role model since I arrived in Italy because he is French and because he was voted as the best defender in Serie A."

The 26-year-old is enjoying a good first season in Turin and he is now hoping to make his international debut against Sweden on Wednesday.

"We had a chat recently and spoke about international games too," added the former Cagliari stopper.

"Thuram told me that an international is totally different to a Champions’ League match or a big League game. He says it's a different level altogether.

"At each level you have a certain margin for error as a defender.

"At international level that margin is at its smallest because you are playing with guys you are not used to playing with and the smallest mistake is likely to cost you."

source: channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Cos the atmosphere in here is much better than at Roma's.

However, his performance as been mediocre to me IMHO.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    he's average...not special talent...but as long as he's reliable..i dont see why he shouldnt be in the first team

OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    REcently his performance hasn't been really impressive IMO, but I think that as long as he does his job well, I would still be happy for him.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    Overall , he was a good buy by Juve , however he was better by the start of the season !! hope he will regain his fine form soon .

Vive La France !!:D

OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Now that he has been called up for the French NT, I feel happy for him. Wish that he will continue to bring us good performaces.

Freddy99

Feb 5, 2005
    I think Zebina has played some good games this year, i like his style of play.. He is fast and agressive, could work on his passing though ;) But at least he tries to come forward, i give him that! He is also tall, and juve needs that, even if he somehow managed to "let" teeny but great Zola win the header in the final minutes again cagliari :) i didnt know if i should laugh or cry ( think i did both ;) )

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    he surprised me really very positivly... I did not like as juve bought him.. but now he proved that he deserves a chance..

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    haha Zebina is much like me. He is hot-tempered. WHen someone tackles him, he has to fight his own will and not kick that persons arse :D It looks so funny hahaha!!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    For the sake of his career, he should get some international experience, it could make him a better player. For the NT's sake, I'm less enthusiastic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)