Zebina renews contract with Juve till 2011 (1 Viewer)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I'm wondering if Zebina weren't Bianconeri, would have Juventini praised him for being a good fullback? Or just we're eager to hear some good news after the drought we've been living in since the Calciopoli.

Why do we need Zebina? As a right back, we got Grygera and Salihamdizic who are both way better than him. As a centre back, he is solid and quick, but he is as well so clumsy and his positioning sucks. And don't tell me please that we have to respect him for being one of the players who committed to the club after its demotion. I can't forget that he was dying to follow his only master to Madrid but we blocked such a transfer. Then, he refused to play and we all know what was the reaction of the fans.

Yet, I'm not against extending his contract, at least he is better than nothing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
:lol2: last year at this time no one wanted zebina, now everyone loves him :D
right, but he didnt play often...wanted more money while he was injured...but this year things changed. he played most of the games very well - i was surprised

and now this sign! maybe trez stays too...i hope

from monday till august we can expect a great mercato imo:agree:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Jonathan King of Defenders Zebina
Now, I've just realised how serious you're. :D ;)

ahm, Salihamidzic is not a right back! he can play there...but def not better then zebina
Mate, Salihamdizic can play as a right back as well as a right midfielder. Yes, Zebina is better defensively, but defending isn't the only role of a fullback. Salihamdizic dribbles and crosses better than Zebina, besides he is less clumsier. Anyways, I prefer Grygera to both of them. Taken into consideration that we've a defending left back like Chiellini, so we'll have a good balance in our backline.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
ahmed, i know what you mean
Good. There is another point here. The balance in our back line will depend greatly on the performance of our future centre backs. For example if we have two competent experienced centre defenders, so one or both of our full backs can attack more, according to the match situation. On the other hand, if we've two average or slightly above average centre backs, Zebina as a right back would be more useful.

@ Ahmedios

okay...
:pint:

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
:pint:

...imo we did well with two italians(we just search for the 2nd...)/two french...i like grygera but like everybody else he must proove first if his really better then zebina - if this is the case, then grygera of course will play instead of zebina :agree:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I'm wondering if Zebina weren't Bianconeri, would have Juventini praised him for being a good fullback? Or just we're eager to hear some good news after the drought we've been living in since the Calciopoli.

Why do we need Zebina? As a right back, we got Grygera and Salihamdizic who are both way better than him. As a centre back, he is solid and quick, but he is as well so clumsy and his positioning sucks. And don't tell me please that we have to respect him for being one of the players who committed to the club after its demotion. I can't forget that he was dying to follow his only master to Madrid but we blocked such a transfer. Then, he refused to play and we all know what was the reaction of the fans.

Yet, I'm not against extending his contract, at least he is better than nothing.

Salihamidzic is a midfielder, and as a defender sucks. And I wouldn't go that far and say that Grygera is way better than Zebina.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Zebina has had some good perfromances since the start of 2007. Earlier, the home crowd would whistle at him when he was subbed out. Now, when he comes off he gets much applause and respect and always acknowledges the appreciative fans. I think he is finally starting to grow up. So, good that he extended his K.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
He is not a super extra player but it's nice to hear that at least someone extended contract and will stay with us adn not to mention that Zebina can sometimes do a good job :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He has accepted his role as a special sub-asset, he knows he cant find any better,
we owe him one for be-ing "royal" and staying with us in B'
end of discussion, i hope this ends any RB discussion and Biri is free to retire...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)