Zdenek Grygera (2 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
So is he a leftback afterall?

he seems to play far better there.

Good game today, he seems to know his limits and is concentrating on his marking more.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
seriously? watch their second goal,he stops following his man and allows Matri to get in behind Legrotaglie,thankfully it did not cost us but it was horrendous defending

Boksic

May 11, 2005
seriously? watch their second goal,he stops following his man and allows Matri to get in behind Legrotaglie,thankfully it did not cost us but it was horrendous defending
That was when he was right back though and we all know that he is a leftback now :shifty:

But I thought that was Bonucci on that goal?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
look again,Matri is behind Legrotaglie,Grygera is tracking him but completely switches off and allows him the free run in behind the CB

in that position it is the FB responsibility to cover in behind the CB and track the runner,i am not giving him a seriously hard time because the game was won but THESE are the lapses that are costing us goals(and games) this season

Boksic

May 11, 2005
look again,Matri is behind Legrotaglie,Grygera is tracking him but completely switches off and allows him the free run in behind the CB

in that position it is the FB responsibility to cover in behind the CB and track the runner,i am not giving him a seriously hard time because the game was won but THESE are the lapses that are costing us goals(and games) this season
I thought it was Bonucci tracking him, to be honest I didn't really see who.

I noticed that someone didn't track and I assumed it was the other centre back.

Yeah he should have done better if thats the case and Legro should probably have been more aware of what is going on behind him too.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
initially i thought it was Bonnucci(who was culpable for the first goal) and was annoyed,then i seen the hair and realised it was Grygera

these defensive lapses are tallying up though

May 22, 2007

Him standing completely still is unacceptable, agreed, but I think Legrottaglie/Storari should have been aware of the play.

It was a nice assist though.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
absolutely Legro should have been aware but even if he was the run was in behind,he needs the security of a FB covering any runs and yes it was a fabulous ball through...this is why you seen him spin round and loo at where the cover was

i am just being pedantic as there should never be any excuse for watching a runner and not tracking him

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:agree:

It was either a straight forward mistake by Grygera or a communication failure.

Not clever either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)