• a player

• a spit container

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Again, If we will keep on talking about names then this is useless....

Molinaro has played against tough and big teams performing on the highest level, from CL games Madrid ones specially, to Roma, Milan even against Inter he was ok.

Zambrotta on the other hand has been awful in UEFA Cup matches and I'm not even going to bring his Serie A games into it.

Pardon me, but I'm taking Molinaro anyday anytime over Zambrotta.
exactly!

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Are you for real? He's killing us? When? Where?

FFS, Molinaro and De Ceglie completely shut him down, not giving him any space and even De Ceglie took him out of his way each time we were attacking.

Enlighten me, how bad was he killing us?
yeah i know, that it is hard to add 1 plus 1 to get 2.

how can molinaro own zambrotta, when it takes another defender to shut zambrotta out ... that is really weired logic.

when molinaro played with nedvend in front of him on that side, he was owned by zambrotta, because nedved did not restrict himself to help molinaro against zambrotta.

next time i will call some guys and beat a body builder up with my friends ... after that i will say how much i by myself owned this muscle guy and claim to be stronger ... lol . . . you are really living in a funny world ... sadly the entrance to this world seems to be open only for people that are high or have an iq under 50, lol

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

how can molinaro own zambrotta, when it takes another defender to shut zambrotta out ... that is really weired logic.

when molinaro played with nedvend in front of him on that side, he was owned by zambrotta, because nedved did not restrict himself to help molinaro against zambrotta.

next time i will call some guys and beat a body builder up with my friends ... after that i will say how much i by myself owned this muscle guy and claim to be stronger ... lol . . . you are really living in a funny world ... sadly the entrance to this world seems to be open only for people that are high or have an iq under 50, lol
when did molinaro get owned at all????

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

when nedved played with molinaro on that side, he was owned by zambrotta, because nedved did not restrict himself to help molinaro against zambrotta.

next time i will call some guys and beat a body builder up with my friends ... after that i will say how much i by myself owned this muscle guy and claim to be stronger ... lol . . . you are really living in a funny world ... sadly the entrance to this world seems to be shut for people that are not high or have an iq over 50, lol
Zambrotta owned Nedved? :howler:

It took both Molinaro and De Ceglie to own Zambrotta? :lol2:

Oh man....argue an ignorant and he'll beat you, argue with a scientist and you'll win.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm not pushing it, it's a fact. Many here dislike Molinaro and I never appreciated his work at first, but it's not only about Chiellini or Legro, he's been as good as them at least in the last 2months.

Now If some of you want to look at it as Zambrotta being the best LB years ago and compare just names thats something else. But If we're discussing their forms right now, what they're giving and how they're adapting then Molinaro is indeed ahead of Zambrotta. And excuse me but I don't really take the 4-4-2 system that would suit Zambrotta more. We played many formations/tactics under Lippi and they all fit for him.
I agree with you about Molinaro actually. It's disgusting how underrated his performances are this season.
I'm not making a comparison between the old Zambrotta and our full backs. The difference is so huge that it's funny to compare them. I was comparing the Zambrotta of today with our full backs and i still think he is the better player.

Playing for Juve or Milan does make a big difference. There is discipline in Juve. Every player has a duty. Everyone defends. Milan is a circus. Tell me honestly, if Grygera was playing a RB for Milan instead of Zambrotta, do you think he'd have done better? I'm sure he'd have been worse.
The style also makes a difference. Milan are trying to play some champagne football, where it's all attack and no defense. They always keep things on the ground, there are no crosses. That isn't Zambrotta. Even if we changed styles in the past, Juve was never like that. And yet, Zambrotta is still doing ok, even if Milan's style is making him look funny from time to time (not as funny as his defensive partners though)

Zambrotta vs our full backs is kinda like Nedved and Marchionni. Nedved can't do the things he was doing in the past, but his overall quality, experience, football intelligence, still make him a better player than Marco, even if Nedved isn't a top player anymore.

ditto ale

Nov 9, 2008
TBH i wouldn't take him back even if he were back to old form, I lost all respect for him and i would hate for him to wear our shirt again no matter what. he is a player that plays for money not the shirt!
yeah..thats what Im talking bout.
Im agree with u XseprejuveX..
he just betrayer for me
Molinaro and De Ceigle is more than Zambrota.
:agree:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i agree that molinaro's performances have been very underrated and that he is clearly getting better before our eyes.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This thread was not meant to be seen as comparison between our fullbacks and him and I don't know where are you all going with this stupid off-topic.

Andries said we could use him

Jack said he should not buy him and that he betrayed us.As far as I know he didn't say he was bad.

I think Zambrotta would help out our defense but I wouldn't buy him because he left us and because of all things he brabbled about.
So this poll was meant to vote if you would get him back after all those things or not and not to compare him with Molinaro.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm with Alen on this one. Zambrotta isn't as good as he was 3 years ago, infact not even close. But he's still a good fullback. To say that Molinaro and Grygera are better than him is taking it too far though. Lets not forget the system Milan are using doesn't really help Zambrotta defensively, as there is no right sided midfielder, so basically he's on his own on that side. Even Sergio Ramos looked like a joke when he didn't have a right sided midfielder ahead of him.

That being said though, i think there are many fullbacks out there who are an upgrade over Juve's fullbacks and are younger than Zambrotta. So i don't think it would make sense for Juve to buy him in any case. He'd be a short term solution at best.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
jeez some folk can make themselves look really stupid with their bias and blinkered views.

point 1 i want to make is that while his performances have improved dramatically,molinaro is still a bit of a liability,he is not good enough to play consistently at the top level...end of discussion! yes he has improved but that is like tossing sawdust over a piece of shite and saying it looks better. if we want to seriously begin to dominate in italy and in europe then LB is a priority to strengthen.

point 2 is that zambrotta could not have picked a worse club to go to after barca,for 2 reasons. firstly, as alen said their style does not compliment his style of play and their lack of discipline leaves their whole backline exposed time and again. secondly as juventini i am sure we would all have excepted him back into the squad had he rejoined us,but he got the move he craved by joining milan and to see such a legend turn out for one of our most bitter rivals was one insult too far. personally i was all for his return when it looked like the barca move was turning sour,but now...well we would just look like the old lady who turns a blind eye to her husbands indiscretions!

zambrotta's career is now in terminal decline, it could be his age catching up with him, it could be that he has made yet another bad career choice. there is the argument that he may have fared better in our set-up which is more drilled,tighter and complimentary to an adventurous full-back,but for me his chance to reignite his career went up in smoke the second he decided to play for milan

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'm with Alen on this one. Zambrotta isn't as good as he was 3 years ago, infact not even close. But he's still a good fullback. To say that Molinaro and Grygera are better than him is taking it too far though. Lets not forget the system Milan are using doesn't really help Zambrotta defensively, as there is no right sided midfielder, so basically he's on his own on that side. Even Sergio Ramos looked like a joke when he didn't have a right sided midfielder ahead of him.
Just to remind you my man, we played over 18matches in all competitions missing our best midfielders except for Sissoko. Still Molinaro and Grygera did their job pretty well.

Mauro16

The Conformer
May 12, 2006
Zambrotta is past it now. We need to look forwards not backwards.

This is of course ignoring the fact that he's a total dick which is a good enough reason in itself not to want him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Just to remind you my man, we played over 18matches in all competitions missing our best midfielders except for Sissoko. Still Molinaro and Grygera did their job pretty well.
Yes i know mate, i've watched most of Juve's games this season, and like always your team defends as a unit. Something that could not be said about Milan, it makes Molinaro less exposed than Zambrotta is.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
point 1 i want to make is that while his performances have improved dramatically,molinaro is still a bit of a liability,he is not good enough to play consistently at the top level...end of discussion! yes he has improved but that is like tossing sawdust over a piece of shite and saying it looks better. if we want to seriously begin to dominate in italy and in europe then LB is a priority to strengthen.
I don't want to look like Molinaro's lawyer, but I hate it when credits are not given so let me make this clear....

We have won our most important matches and he has performed in our toughest games.

We are still in title race, in 2nd round of CL.

Are there better available players than Molinaro?? Yes there are...
Are we going to buy an expensive LB player? No we're not.
Can Juventus win a title with Molinaro playing and performing? Yes we can.

Marchisio didn't look good enough at the start of the season and he's adapting and improving, should we look for alternatives?

point 2 is that zambrotta could not have picked a worse club to go to after barca,for 2 reasons. firstly, as alen said their style does not compliment his style of play and their lack of discipline leaves their whole backline exposed time and again. secondly as juventini i am sure we would all have excepted him back into the squad had he rejoined us,but he got the move he craved by joining milan and to see such a legend turn out for one of our most bitter rivals was one insult too far. personally i was all for his return when it looked like the barca move was turning sour,but now...well we would just look like the old lady who turns a blind eye to her husbands indiscretions!
Again, some of you should stop giving this STYLE reason. Milan can play 1-4-5 or 2-6-2, it has nothing to do with Zambrottas performance. And just for a record, for a player who has played in 3 different positions in his career ANY formation will suite him.

This is like saying, Molinaro didn't perform well at the start of the season because Ranieri didn't use a suitable tactic for him. Or Marchionni isn't performing and thats because Ranieri's formation isn't as good as expected. Seriously...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't want to look like Molinaro's lawyer, but I hate it when credits are not given so let me make this clear....

We have won our most important matches and he has performed in our toughest games.

We are still in title race, in 2nd round of CL.

Are there better available players than Molinaro?? Yes there are...
Are we going to buy an expensive LB player? No we're not.
Can Juventus win a title with Molinaro playing and performing? Yes we can.

Marchisio didn't look good enough at the start of the season and he's adapting and improving, should we look for alternatives?

Again, some of you should stop giving this STYLE reason. Milan can play 1-4-5 or 2-6-2, it has nothing to do with Zambrottas performance. And just for a record, for a player who has played in 3 different positions in his career ANY formation will suite him.

This is like saying, Molinaro didn't perform well at the start of the season because Ranieri didn't use a suitable tactic for him. Or Marchionni isn't performing and thats because Ranieri's formation isn't as good as expected. Seriously...
You're talking about a formation while we're talking about the style.
4-4-2 with Sissoko and Poulsen in the center is different from 4-4-2 with Pirlo and Seedorf in the center.
4-5-1 with Amauri is not the same with 4-5-1 with Pato or Eto'o.
And even if it's only about the formation, it does make a difference if you're alone on the right side or you have a MR in front of you.

Zambrotta was also very good when Milan were beating everyone and when Gattuso was doing a monster job in midfield. But now it's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)