• a player

• a spit container

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Insisting on joining Milan is what infuriates me the most.
He specifically asked for Milan, right then. It was only by Moggi's advice/guidance/brilliance, that we managed to offload him abroad and deny Milan of his challenge.
In Barca, Zambro lost most of his will fight and ceased to be the exceptional player, he once were with us...
I dont see him reborn in Milan and i am still puzzled for the reason he insists to join them...

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
If he was any good anymore I would take him back, but since he left he has got worst every year, De Ceglie showed us what Zambro is really like now

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
see i wouldnt take him back even if he was good. as it would just be a slap in the face to the club and the players who stayed. he bad mouthed our club for gods sake!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Zambrotta will be much more useful to team like Juve. Team that plays 4-4-2 and has strikers who are very good in the air.
If you watch him in Milan you'll notice that he rarely, or almost never, makes his trademark crosses. Trez scored many goals on Zambro assists but there is no player in Milan, and there wasn't such player in Barca, who can score from his crosses and he's forced to keep things on the ground. Zambrotta's form after Calciopoli has a lot to do with the different system in Barcelona and Milan, compared to Juventus.
But make no mistake, even if he comes to Juve he won't be as good as he was pre-Calciopoli. I believe he'll still be better than Grygera and Molinaro, but not as good as before 2006 and he won't be better than them for a long time. It has nothing to do with his form, it's just that he's getting older, and time is hurting the full backs more than the other defenders and midfielders (apart from the wingers)

because of the experience with zanetti and cannavaro etc
Yes, but they don't play in positions that require so much running, stamina, pace. Zambrotta is slowly getting to the age when full backs become centre backs or start playing for weaker teams. Cafu is just an exception. Most of the full backs can't play at the same level when they turn 31/32.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He'll still do better than Grygera or Molinaro? I'm sorry but he's way behind the two players mentioned [keeping his betrayal thing away].

Molinaro has improved and proved a lot that, he owned Zambrotta 1 on 1 in our home game. And hopefully in the away game.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He'll still do better than Grygera or Molinaro? I'm sorry but he's way behind the two players mentioned [keeping his betrayal thing away].

Molinaro has proved a lot that he owned Zambrotta 1 on 1 in our home game. And hopefully in the away game.
Completely agree.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lets not push it. Zambrotta certainly isn't way behind Molinaro and Grygera. If you put Molinaro or Grygera next to Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski, without any defensive help from the midfield, they'll look even more funny than Zambrotta.

I still think he's a better full back than our full backs, but like i said, he's slowly but surely losing it, time is catching up with him, and next season may easily be the last season where he'll be able to play at top level. That's why we don't need him at all.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I believe he'll still be better than Grygera and Molinaro, but not as good as before 2006 and he won't be better than them for a long time.
if you only judge the player characteristics he does surely own Molinaro and Grygera

he owned Zambrotta 1 on 1 in our home game. And hopefully in the away game.
ha ha ha,

the only website where anyone said that molinaro did own zambrotta was this site here.

even here the comments in the first half were "someone gotta stop zambrotta on our left side, he's killing us".
Zambro owning Molinaro 1 on 1

how fast memories can fade, hum ?

perhaps you smart guy did miss that zambro got a red card and thought "hey, molinaro is great ... he does what he wants on the left side and runs so fast i can not even see zambro anymore"

fact is molinaro can cross, which makes him a defender at most, but not a fullback ...

he is like a boxer that can avoid being hit, but can not hit the opponents face if the opponent had his arm bend behind his back ...

like a striker that can dribble past every defender but always misses the goal

zambrotta could easily get our top assist provider, with nedved bringing him in positions where he can cross. you do not always have to go past the defender to cross. you can cross from the half-field .... there is no need for someone to be super fast ...

just think of beckham ... if everything was about speed than he would never get one cross right, but guess what ... he is still considered the best crosser of the game

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
if you only judge the player characteristics he does surely own Molinaro and Grygera

ha ha ha,

the only website where anyone said that molinaro did own zambrotta was this site here.

even here the comments in the first half were "someone gotta stop zambrotta on our left side, he's killing us".

perhaps you smart guy did miss that zambro got a red card and thought "hey, molinaro is great ... he does what he wants on the left side and runs so fast i can not even see zambro anymore"

fact is molinaro can cross, which makes him a defender at most, but not a fullback ...

he is like a boxer that can avoid being hit, but can not hit the opponents face if the opponent had his arm bend behind his back ...

like a striker that can dribble past every defender but always misses the goal

zambrotta could easily get our top assist provider, with nedved bringing him in positions where he can cross. you do not always have to go past the defender to cross. you can cross from the half-field .... there is no need for someone to be super fast ...

just think of beckham ... if everything was about speed than he would never get one cross right, but guess what ... he is still considered the best crosser of the game
dude molinaro played very well against Milan and has been improving. For me he is better than zambrotta right now.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Lets not push it. Zambrotta certainly isn't way behind Molinaro and Grygera. If you put Molinaro or Grygera next to Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski, without any defensive help from the midfield, they'll look even more funny than Zambrotta.

I still think he's a better full back than our full backs, but like i said, he's slowly but surely losing it, time is catching up with him, and next season may easily be the last season where he'll be able to play at top level. That's why we don't need him at all.
I'm not pushing it, it's a fact. Many here dislike Molinaro and I never appreciated his work at first, but it's not only about Chiellini or Legro, he's been as good as them at least in the last 2months.

Now If some of you want to look at it as Zambrotta being the best LB years ago and compare just names thats something else. But If we're discussing their forms right now, what they're giving and how they're adapting then Molinaro is indeed ahead of Zambrotta. And excuse me but I don't really take the 4-4-2 system that would suit Zambrotta more. We played many formations/tactics under Lippi and they all fit for him.

ha ha ha,

:lol2:

Are you for real? He's killing us? When? Where?

FFS, Molinaro and De Ceglie completely shut him down, not giving him any space and even De Ceglie took him out of his way each time we were attacking.

Enlighten me, how bad was he killing us?

He took a red card thanks to our Left flank (De Ceglie and Molinaro)....thats a fact. But If you want to be ignorant then please take the playground and be one.

Lol alright, Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Molinaro has improved and proved a lot that, he owned Zambrotta 1 on 1 in our home game. And hopefully in the away game.
Seriously, you have to be joking. Zambro has declined, but he is way behind Molinaro? Talk about pushing it to the extreme. Being objective isnt that hard, seriously.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Seriously, you have to be joking. Zambro has declined, but he is way behind Molinaro? Talk about pushing it to the extreme. Being objective isnt that hard, seriously.
Again, If we will keep on talking about names then this is useless....

Molinaro has played against tough and big teams performing on the highest level, from CL games Madrid ones specially, to Roma, Milan even against Inter he was ok.

Zambrotta on the other hand has been awful in UEFA Cup matches and I'm not even going to bring his Serie A games into it.

Pardon me, but I'm taking Molinaro anyday anytime over Zambrotta.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
putting aside all the shit he's said and insinuated after his vaginal departure from Juventus...

he's not as good as he once was and now he's 3 years older.

fuck zambro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)