Not open for further replies.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #81
    Buying Zhirkov is so logical that even Secco could think about doing it. Like I said before, you start Zhirkov at LM and when needed in desperate/emergencies you play him at LB. The guy is good, still young, runs like hell and creates havoc for the guys marking him. BUY HIM SECCO!
    Exactly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I haven't seen a lot of Arshavin, other than a few Uefa cup games and the Euro's. But he gives me the impression that he wouldn't do too well on the wing, especially in a rigid 4-4-2. He strikes me as a player that has to be given freedom to roam.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Arshavin is a player that I rate high BUT the way I see it he has 2 positions to fit in AMC or Support Striker. I guess he could play as winger as well but he would have to adapt there.
    Also I don`t see the point of signing AMC where we don`t play one and I don`t see the point of signing a replacement to Iaquinta who might be a better player but keep the situation as it is if not worse as he would ask for more money on his wages, and would demand a starting shirt a lot more than Iaquinta. Not to mention he would take Giovinco`s chances to develope.
    so unless we plan to use him a winger or start using a playmaker he is not needed

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
    Jun 29, 2008
    No Arshavin please! He is so overrated in my opinion, we should stick with Zhirkov, he's the right man to replace Nedved! If Secco doesnt get Zhirkov i will officially hate the man forever!

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #94
    No Serie A side for Zhirkov

CSKA Moscow ace Yuri Zhirkov won't be joining one of Italy's giants, according to his agent.

The Russian international left-back caught the eye at Euro 2008 and has been regularly linked with a move to Juventus.

However, his representative Andrea Banfi believes that these rumours are pure speculation.

“There has never been any contact with any club regarding Zhirkov,” he told Goal.com.

“Anything that has been written in the Italian Press about a transfer to a Serie A side has been invented.

“A January move is impossible for him. The winter transfer market is for teams to make low-cost buys to repair their squads.

“Besides at the moment many Italian clubs have restricted budgets and his price tag and wages are high, even though I'm sure many clubs there are after him.

“There are three teams in Italy who could sign him and they are Inter, Milan and Juventus, but it is unlikely.

“Inter have Ricardo Quaresma and Amantino Mancini and they don't need him, Juventus have never called me and Milan don't have space for a non-EU player in their squad.”

channel 4

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Well he basically ruled out milan and inter for good reasons....but it sounds like he left the option open for juve. All it takes is a phone call....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)