Yuri Zhirkov (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Cobolli-Gigli is reported in the Italian media today as stating that the wallet is shut till Summer '09.

A pity really. As this is Nedved's last season as a regular in a Juventus starting XI, I would welcome his 'eventual replacement , if it was possible, to come now, and blend into the system before the start of next season.

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
Zhirkov is the right player for Juve in my opinion. Since Raneri likes to keep the left defensive i think Zhirkov would be the ideal man... I say we throw in about 15 million euros and add Almiron and we got him ha ha!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
january the russian season is over
has what we're looking for in a left sided player
confident he will fit within our wage structure
legible for the cl

ticks all my boxes :) but im still more keen on a backup cb

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
january the russian season is over
has what we're looking for in a left sided player
confident he will fit within our wage structure
legible for the cl

ticks all my boxes :) but im still more keen on a backup cb
check
check
check
check

Secco is our GM uncheck :(

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You think fatigue may be a problem with Zhirkov (if we buy him) in the second part of the season?

The Russian season started in March, then Zhirkov went to the Euro where he played till the semi, then he continued playing in the league and if he joins Juve he'll keep playing till June. That's 14-15 months of football without resting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You think fatigue may be a problem with Zhirkov (if we buy him) in the second part of the season?

The Russian season started in March, then Zhirkov went to the Euro where he played till the semi, then he continued playing in the league and if he comes he'll keep playing till June. That's 14-15 months of football without resting.
unfortunatly thats the downside, only have to look at Jo of man city for example. but it might not be such a bad idea to use him sparingly e.g coppa italia to slowly introduce him, settle in and at the same time get a bit of respite in between till he can get a full rest in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)