Your opinion on new transfers (1 Viewer)

What are you?

• I hope for the new signing to be good

• I know that with this management no new signing is good

• I think Rab(Azzurri7) should replace the current management.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I cant believe how overrated the Flamster has become after one good season...better than alonso???:howler: I've heard it all.
I'm sure the ESS-guy has only seem Flamini play a couple of times, but since he went to Milan I guess he must be something amazing. :seven:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yea really, i mean he had a great season no doubt about that, but to compare him to Alonso who frankly is extremely underrated by most on this forum.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No not really, the manner in which Flamini left was perfectly ok, unlike Adebayor who's an ungrateful prick..but in the Flamsters case, he was never really appreciated in Arsenal and the club didnt try hard enough to keep him, i completely understand why he left.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Good point there, but i think he will develop into a decent enough player for Milan, nothing special though, just another Amrosini me thinks.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
The biggest mistake the board's made this season is obvious; instead of pinpointing exactly positions the team is most lacking and filling those gaps, they have simply opted to obtain "a top class player in every department", in the words of Secco. Its not hard to spot why, either; they have made no secret of their hunt for a midfielder, having secured the signings of Melberg and Iaquinta for the defense and offense respectively. If the reports are anything to go by they clearly don't know what they want very well. Stankovic, Alonso, Schweinsteiger and Van Der Vaart each play very different roles in the midfield; I have no idea whether we're trying to replace Nedved, Camoranesi or Tiago, or none of them. Clearly neither does Secco.

Amauri cost too much for a player of his calibre, and I don't see him playing at a level where he could justify that price tag anytime soon. He isn't a large enough upgrade from Iaquinta or any of our other forwards to justify spending so much. He could very easily end up like Di Vaio, blowing hot and cold for a year or two then leaving, which at this point seems to be Iaquinta's likely fate as well. Melberg similarly falls just below the level of our two starting centrebacks, and at 31 isn't going to get any better. And no, I don't consider the free transfer a coup because it practically ended our hopes of getting a defender who could walk right into the first team.

That said, it hasn't been all that bad a mercato season thus far. It could have been far worse, and as yet the midfielder issue remains unresolved. But unless we choose to emphasize on quality from this point on we could very well realize in August that we will be relying on the exact same starting eleven that we had last year, only one year older. And that for all the money spent the only changes to the team will be a couple of new faces on the bench, the impact of which will be felt far less substantially than a single quality signing would bring.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I cant believe how overrated the Flamster has become after one good season...better than alonso???:howler: I've heard it all.
You're just bitter he left you. :p

he may be better than flamini but he was not even starter in spain for someone like senna, we should get someone else.
Yeah I know, get Aquilani, De Rossi or Gerrard. All other players are shite, including X. Alonso.

Preferably De Rossi/Aquilani because they are Italiens. :agree:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Preferably De Rossi/Aquilani because they are Italiens. :agree:
He also thinks Juve should sign Quagliarella because he's better than Huntelaar.
Also, he thinks that instead of buying Mellberg and Amauri we should have bought Barzagli and Toni.
According to our friend here Palladino is better than Pato and Balotelli (whom he called "FUKN NIGGAR") because Palla is Italian.
Oh, and he'd die for Juve to buy Aquilani because he's better than all our midfielders.

Hey, Moggifan, i wish Secco will sell all the Italians in Juve and replace them with African players.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
That guy is a friggin' joke. He is amusing and funny though. We need members like that. He will enter the Juventuz legends crew in no time wih golden capital letters.

Dec 26, 2004
The biggest mistake the board's made this season is obvious; instead of pinpointing exactly positions the team is most lacking and filling those gaps, they have simply opted to obtain "a top class player in every department", in the words of Secco. Its not hard to spot why, either; they have made no secret of their hunt for a midfielder, having secured the signings of Melberg and Iaquinta for the defense and offense respectively. If the reports are anything to go by they clearly don't know what they want very well. Stankovic, Alonso, Schweinsteiger and Van Der Vaart each play very different roles in the midfield; I have no idea whether we're trying to replace Nedved, Camoranesi or Tiago, or none of them. Clearly neither does Secco.

Amauri cost too much for a player of his calibre, and I don't see him playing at a level where he could justify that price tag anytime soon. He isn't a large enough upgrade from Iaquinta or any of our other forwards to justify spending so much. He could very easily end up like Di Vaio, blowing hot and cold for a year or two then leaving, which at this point seems to be Iaquinta's likely fate as well. Melberg similarly falls just below the level of our two starting centrebacks, and at 31 isn't going to get any better. And no, I don't consider the free transfer a coup because it practically ended our hopes of getting a defender who could walk right into the first team.

That said, it hasn't been all that bad a mercato season thus far. It could have been far worse, and as yet the midfielder issue remains unresolved. But unless we choose to emphasize on quality from this point on we could very well realize in August that we will be relying on the exact same starting eleven that we had last year, only one year older. And that for all the money spent the only changes to the team will be a couple of new faces on the bench, the impact of which will be felt far less substantially than a single quality signing would bring.
Great post, good to see you around Des.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You're just bitter he left you. :p
No. actually i never rated him before this season, he's had one good season, Xabi has had many, you just cant compare them..and i still like Flamini, because like i said before; the manner in which he left was perfectly understandable.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I ve been bitching about our noob managers and the lack of interest from our owners a looong time now!
Its already 7July, the euros are long gone, he have qualified for the CL
and have completely run out of excuses!!!
Our owners said that they will invest 200mil for transfers, in the next 2-3 years
and so far we didnt upgraded our team we A material, we just reallocated our funds
and practically swap with a minimum of investment!
We cant grow stronger, close to our older status like that, if we expect to make all the money available for transfer, on the field, we will have to hait a few decades to reach the old Juve status?
Where are our owners??

Every single managerial decision made, post-Moggi, hurted our club's interests,
we either released players and contracts with ridiculous sums, or we bought over-priced and over-rated players.
The lack of experience, lack of funds, lack of time, lack of interests, lack of sponsors and lack of European football has abusively used as an excuse to cover up our managerial mistakes at every field.
This year all those lame excuses dissolved, we are here now, claiming the Serie A title and participating in the most prestigious European competition, having theoretically funds available, he never had before, our prestige status is almost, automatically regained, by the incompetence of our opponents to step forward and the special "weight" of our very own jersey!
We are back in full throttle, back in business as the old lady, the Italian Giant club!
And what we have done with all this power at one of the most critical period of entire history???
Our magnificent 5 year plan, should be start shaping this very season, the backbone of the future champion team should be start building right now?

How is going to do that???
CR???
With what tools??

Molinaro, Mellberg, Grygera, Tiago, Knezevic, Legro and Poulsen???
Half of these would be our starters, where normally they shouldnt be,
not even subs, in serie A, title contender team!
There cant be a champion with free or cheap players!
Money is not always enough to make the difference,
but it is always a must have, to boot from and reach to victory!

I know that the transfer window is over yet, our managers will/plans becomes very clear now.
They are unwilling to properly invest, no matter the situation!
Most of our team should be ready by now, to start the pre-season training of this season and build the team who will compete in the CL qualifiers!
Thats what they said, themselves and they are not capable of hiding the truth,
they cant lie, like Moggi did!
The most important games of our season!
Our team had some painfully obvious weakness and some problems to face in the long run.
Our board though, miserably failed to strengthen our team,
once again, both tactically, for the moment and strategically, for the times to come!
We didnt replaced any of our weaknesses, we multiplied them!!!
The only positive acquisition would have been Amauri, but the fact that he absorved most of our available transfer funds and minimized the last chances we had to buy anything useful,
whilst we only added more competition in a place that was well covered, makes this transfer another mistake!

The return of our 3 youngsters, was our greatest summer transfer success,
but that was not due to our current's board plan.
Those youngsters were brought long before they had a clue of their value,
many times, they considered to offload them
and i believe they mostly kept because of their performances with others teams,
because of the respect and high hopes we had in them, even before our new board took over, because they are young and Italian (and this automatically makes them good acquisitions in many ppls' eyes)
And mostly because they come cheaper than a player, we dont own...:disagree:
These reasons are beyond our board's reach, they couldnt interfere, or change any of that, make no mistake, if they would, those player, wouldnt be here!

So far, my worst fears came true, i red the signs when most of the fans, were pleased to see us survive calciopoli,
i ve red the signs, when many fans had delusional dreams of winning titles, in our first year in Serie A
I am repeating the signs when some ppl hope we have realistic hopes for a title and a decent season in Europe.

Our board can only confirm those signs, this year, by bringing more free or Poulsen type of players and let our team helpless,
to smash against the walls of the new age of Calcio Tyranny.

I sincerely hope that they will surprise me and start to bring some decent players like Alonso and Ivanovic, players that could potentially start a new era,
even if they are not good enough to guarantee it!
Without those players though, even our hope is gone...
There is no future for us, with a team full of Poulsen, Mellberg and Knezevic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)