Your Juventus player(s) of the season (1 Viewer)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
It may look different after the next two, decisive, games, as mentioned. Anyway here goes;

1. Mauro German Camoranesi - Except for a short period of mental disorder, he was as good as last season and provided a great amount of assists. Best memory; his vital 2-1 and following celebration on Fiorentina away, plus when he pretended to light a cigarette. If his appearance wasn't the one of a Pakistanian maid, the guy would have been mentioned among the likes of the Ballon d'Or top 10.

2. David Trezeguet - For his amount of goals, really. The guy is slightly above Filippo Inzaghi in terms of pace, dribbling, vision and all that, but, and it's a major but - you need to score goals to win. David does that.
Best memory; the goals.

3. Fabio Cannavaro - Whilst Thuram looked shaky at times, Cannavaro played with usual authority throughout the season. A defender that posseses everything one could ask for but height. Best memory; the two matchwinning headers versus Empoli.

4. Alessandro Del Piero - The Captain scored an impressive amount of goals looking at the time he spent on field. His game was good, not extraordinary, but what does take him to my top 4 ahead of eg Zambrotta is my best Juventus memory of all season; the freekick against Internazionale at the San Siro.

5. Christian Abbiati - You remember when Gigi first came back after that injury, and we started to concede goals in a way we didn't when Abbiati was there. It struck my mind that Abbiati, who in the eyes of many (especially after that blooper vs Bayern) was nothing but a payaso, is actually Italy's numero due.
As someone said earlier, what would this season have looked like if we'd have to rely on Chimenti? Would we be struggeling for relegation?
Best memory; the sick backheel save he pulled on Udinese away.

OP
Jem83

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #44
    Esteban said:
    It may look different after the next two, decisive, games, as mentioned. Anyway here goes;

1. Mauro German Camoranesi - Except for a short period of mental disorder, he was as good as last season and provided a great amount of assists. Best memory; his vital 2-1 and following celebration on Fiorentina away, plus when he pretended to light a cigarette. If his appearance wasn't the one of a Pakistanian maid, the guy would have been mentioned among the likes of the Ballon d'Or top 10.

2. David Trezeguet - For his amount of goals, really. The guy is slightly above Filippo Inzaghi in terms of pace, dribbling, vision and all that, but, and it's a major but - you need to score goals to win. David does that.
    Best memory; the goals.

3. Fabio Cannavaro - Whilst Thuram looked shaky at times, Cannavaro played with usual authority throughout the season. A defender that posseses everything one could ask for but height. Best memory; the two matchwinning headers versus Empoli.

4. Alessandro Del Piero - The Captain scored an impressive amount of goals looking at the time he spent on field. His game was good, not extraordinary, but what does take him to my top 4 ahead of eg Zambrotta is my best Juventus memory of all season; the freekick against Internazionale at the San Siro.

5. Christian Abbiati - You remember when Gigi first came back after that injury, and we started to concede goals in a way we didn't when Abbiati was there. It struck my mind that Abbiati, who in the eyes of many (especially after that blooper vs Bayern) was nothing but a payaso, is actually Italy's numero due.
    As someone said earlier, what would this season have looked like if we'd have to rely on Chimenti? Would we be struggeling for relegation?
    Best memory; the sick backheel save he pulled on Udinese away.
    It's about time you made some God damn sense :tup:

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    my man jem83 hit it right on the nose......I do think del piero has made more of an impact because when juve has played good this year he has been on the pitch, i dont think trez makes that huge of an impact........ the only ones I dont agree with are Abbiati and Camoranesi, I think they should both be in the top 6. I still think right now that milan gave us the scudetto buy selling us abbiati...without him we didn't have a good backup to buffon.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    My vote:

1. Fabio Cannavaro
    2. David Trezeguet
    3. Alessandro Del Piero
    4. Gianluca Zambrotta
    5. Emerson Da Rosa
    6. Lilian Thuram, Pavel Nedved, Patrick Vieira, Mauro German Camoranesi
    7. Christian Abbiati
    8. Adrian Mutu
    9. Gianluigi Buffon
    10. Federico Balzaretti, Giorgio Chiellini, Robert Kovac, Manuele Blasi, Giuliano Giannichedda, Marcelo Danubio Zalayeta, Ruben Olivera, Gianluca Pessotto, Landry Bonnefoi, Alessandro Birindelli..

:D Did I forget a name?

Oooopss, maybe I forgot Jonathan Zebina
    sorry, but You don't get ranking dude....
    Maybe You are a worst player this season, if I don't forget any other name....

Do I??? :p

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm beginning to feel that its more than justified to take Zambrotta's consistency for granted; how many years has it been now, and how many positions?

Gianluca is a warrior through and through. :star:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Ian said:
    Zlatan gets my vote. Just for taking all the ridiculous shit that been thrown at him.
    I don't think he's taking any sjit, unless he's a member on this forum.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Ian said:
    Zlatan gets my vote. Just for taking all the ridiculous shit that been thrown at him.
    Player of the season just because he recieved warranted criticism from many members of this board? Hmm.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    Ian said:
    Who is he?

I can't find him on my Juventus players of the season "full list".

Damn! Did I miss something? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)