Your Juventus player(s) of the season (3 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Here are mine:

1. Cannavaro (Has been playing the best football of his career while at Juve)
2. Trezeguet (20+ goals and none of them were penalties)
3. Del Piero (12 goals from the bench, broke Boniperti's record, lifts the team)

4. Nedved (Valuable assists and some vital goals)
5. Zambrotta (For his steadyness and versatility and some valuable assists)
6. Emerson (Our best midfielder for 6-7 months, looks a bit tired but still steady)
7. Thuram (Can still play at this level, put in some very good performances)
8. Vieira (Rollercoaster season that started very well and then dipped. After the defeat to Arsenal he's been playing very good for us, most notably against Fiorentina, Lazio and Siena recently)
9. Camoranesi (Very good in the first half of the season scored important winning goals and assisted our strikers well with his superb crosses. Should watch his temper)
10. Abbiati (Has given his very best for the team when called upon and even saved a penalty)

Players who almost made the Top 10: Mutu, Buffon, Balzaretti, Chiellini, Ibrahimovic

Buffon has been injured for most part of the season and Ibrahimovic has had a poor 2006 so far, despite being good in the first half of the season.
Balzaretti and Chiellini has shown great potential and will hopefully stay on.

Mutu scored a brace at Scicilia when we played Palermo and has put in a couple of other decent performances this season, for example at home to Treviso, but still - for me - he's out of the top 10. Not entirely his fault, though, because he's been played out of position most of the time. I hope he stays here next season, because as we got to see against Siena, when he's in the box, he's lethal. He should be used as a target man.

As for players such as Robert Kovac and Gianluca Giannichedda, they've handled their jobs very well when given the chance, but I haven't seen enough of either of them to place them in my "Top 10".

Zebina, Blasi, Zalayeta, Oliveira were always out of the running.

Do you agree/disagree with this?

"Please Discuss" ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I want to hold off on any votes until after the Scudetto is decided. This could sway things a touch...

OP
Jem83

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    Sure but that's why I separated the top 3 from the rest

those 3 are untouchable this season

2 games to go and I'm sure we can talk about these things now

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    PhRoZeN said:
    Im wondering.. but did he offer his house for you to say that :p :D
    :lol: ok, being serious my 3 players of the season in no order are cannavaro, del piero and trezeguet

(by the way, congrats on getting 1000 posts!)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    1. DEL PIERO

2. CANNAVARO

3. ZAMBROTTA

4. TREZEGUET

5. MUTU

Bonus: Gigi Buffon, for all the love, respect and spirit he has for Juve jersey.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    1-Cannavaro
    2-Emerson
    3-Nedved
    4-Del Piero
    5-Balzaretti...The best thing that happened to Juve this season...

OP
    Jem83

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #17
    I'm sure I didn't though cuz that last thread - the cursed one ;) - was connected to the future, and somehow it got cursed because of this..

This one, is connected to the past... player performances thus far..

So I'm sure it's nothing to worry about!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Jem83 said:
    If we don't win they all suck? :D
    Nah. But for the next two matches, where every goal counts as much as ever, I may give a little more weight to one player's performances when the heat is particularly on versus another player.

That includes missing open goals and giving up goals as well, but we won't have that kind of talk around here. :pint: :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)