Your Favorite Wild Animal (14 Viewers)

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
added koala and panda to my list :oops:

and speaking of "wild animals"

Those are some cool birds, I remember liking them when I was a little kid. Whatever you do, don't touch them. They do not like to be touched :D
i still want to touch them :D

I should say that I was working with birds that were either injured and couldn't be released into the wild, or part of breeding programs. So some were worse than their "wild" counterparts and others were more mellow.

I think each individual bird has it's own personality. The peregrine I worked with the most was really relaxed, however I also worked with a kestrel that was completely batshit. They're wild animals so they all have the potential to injure.

We had a couple of red tail hawks you really had to be careful with because they would sometimes attack out of the blue. But there was a broad shouldered hawk that was very well behaved. Both of those birds are similar in size. However, bald eagles and golden eagles were the absolute worst. Not only are they huge birds, but they have this almost malicious intent to injure you.

I think it really depends not only on the individual bird, but also how much contact is has with people, reaction to crowds, and prey drive. Larger birds are more difficult to handle, mostly because of their size and strength (which they don't really have an idea of). For example, the great horned owl can exert 350 lbs per square inch of pressure using it's talons. So it could put holes in your arm without being aware of what it's doing, should it become stressed.
looks like you're wild bird expert :hi:
in this video peregrine falcon quite calm and not wilder than my trash cat, maybe because it's trained well

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, that one is definitely well trained. Plus he has the shades over his eyes. The problem with falcons is that they have a huge prey drive so if they see something they'll want to go get it. Even if you're tied to it.:D

:D Is that a liger?
Yeah boy. You should look up Hercules the Liger. He's the largest big cat ever at 903 lbs. He lives in Miami.

Tiglons get pretty big too.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah, that one is definitely well trained. Plus he has the shades over his eyes. The problem with falcons is that they have a huge prey drive so if they see something they'll want to go get it. Even if you're tied to it.:D

Yeah boy. You should look up Hercules the Liger. He's the largest big cat ever at 903 lbs. He lives in Miami.

Tiglons get pretty big too.
isnt that the same thing?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
No mention of the cheetah? 60+ mph. And instead you guys fap over tigers, the lazy fat bastards of the animal kingdom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)