XT Refugee Thead (7 Viewers)

OP

Nero

Jan 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #126
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Sounds like a horrible vacation or a heavenly job :D
    It's neither, actually. :)

The vacation has been great and my job isn't anything spectacular.

I guess i'm just one of those people who don't know what to do with themselves when they're not working. :) I mean, i like time off as much as the next fella, but during a 2 month period i start to get restless. I suppose one could call me a mild workaholic.

But atleast i've been doing something constructive with my time, i'm growing a ponytail. :D:D:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    2 month vacation??? My goodness, I never heard that before. Well mine is 3 months but then I'm still in college. :D

Is that standard or does your company really really like you? :D

OP

Nero

Jan 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #128
    Well it's standard for people on my pay scale. :)

Anyways, tried to see if there were any other XT Juventini at FF but was greeted with a hostile reception over some comments i made there. I think me and FF are like oil and water, don't mix. Although i suppose i didn't go there with an intention to stay, so i can't claim to be fautless.

The future of XT seems bleak at this point in time, so it seems i might be at Juventuz on a permanent basis. But thankfully i have nothing to complain about here, especially in contrast with the attitudes prevalent at other places, and the lingering politics that preside.

I'm glad to be here at Juventuz, and with a brand new day comes a brand new forum. Well for me anyway. :)

I wonder if i could reinvent myself here. :D

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    Yeah....

In a good old fashion of Xtratimers, it seems that PPL do manage to take the worst out of everything and cling on to it no matter what...

You didnt reply on my post there Nero, but i guess it doesnt really matter anymore....

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by lili ] ++
    i found out labas!:)
    but i'm nomore able to login in FF. strange. seems i'm not banned yet:confused:
    You are not banned or anything.

lili, please check your PM here.

:)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Xtratime.com's Future
    Hello Xtratimers,

As you may have well noticed, we have been offline since August 31st 19.00 cet. First of all, we would like to apologize for that. Let us take the time to explain to you first why we went offline, what we have been doing to take care of the situation, how long more we will stay online, and what you can do for Xtratime, that have become a second home to many of us.

We have gone offline because our server was shut down by our hosts for non-payment. The host payment is something that Jan the owner deals with and we have been thinking that he had taken care of the situation and come to agreement with the server owners, at least this is what we Admins and CMs were told. We were not notified a head that the site would be shut down, thus, we were not able to inform you of this beforehand. If there were any notifications, they went directly to Jan's email account to which we have no access to and Jan never mentioned anything. Moreover, even though we tried every way, we cannot get a hold of Jan.

We contacted the the hosts and as I have told you, they informed us that the server was shut down for non-payment. Some of the management members and regular Xtratime members have told us that they would help us pay the bills month to month. Therefore, we have been negotiating with them for the past couple days to agree on a new 12 month period and bring the 495$ a month price tag, to reasonable prices we members can afford. We have brought it down to 275$ as of now, however the server specs are not what exactly what we would like them to be. The negotiation is still continuing, and in the meantime, they have very kindly let us online again until Monday, August 11, 5pm US Eastern time for us to send you this email and let you know about the situation. We would like to thank them again here.

Now what can we and you do to save Xtratime?

The server hosts told us that the previous debt Jan accumulated by not paying is NOT Xtratime's debt and they will put this into a contract if we can agree on one. So a new host agreement will mean a new page for Xtratime and the previous debt is Jan's itself. However, to start a new page for Xtratime, we need to get Jan's approval first and give the site to its real owners, that is the members of this community and not let us go through such unfortunate situations again.

The new Xtratime will be managed by the members and we need to pay the bills for us to stay online per month. If you would like to contribute, comment on it or think you can help us in any way with your experience(including FINDING JAN!), we have set up a hotmail account for Xtratime members for after we get offline again. Please do not hesitate to contact us through this mail account. Until Monday, please comment in the announcements forum.

xtratime2003@hotma
    il.com

In the meantime, we will be researching other options to provide Xtratime a stable future. We believe that nothing feels the same as the community feeling and attachment we have developed together in Xtratime. This is our home and we do not want to lose it and we hope to see you for a long time to come in a secure Xtratime.

Best Regards,

XT Crew

:frown:

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    First of all, host wont let them move to another server without debt being payed. So they will have to use their servers and pay basically whatever the host ask for or they will simply shut down acces to XT data.

Secondly, why would Jan give them the site for free and assume the debt on himself? Holding on to XT and trying to get something out of it is what Jan wants/needs to do. Without ownership of XT, he has no source of repaying the debt but from his own pocket.

Domain Xtratime.com belongs to Jan. They can not use it without his permission.

It's a vicious circle.

Unless Xtratimers come up with money to pay off the debt and buy the site from Jan....i can not see a solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)