XT Refugee Thead (1 Viewer)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
well, PPL kind of tend to not believe us when we try to explain the size of XT.....

So they thing they would manage with less resources that what we told them might happen...

Crash of FF is a proof of that...

Although the FF current host was not bad at all, the server simply couldnt cope :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raanan

Jan 31, 2003
After unstoppable pressures from Martin I had to register too... :D

Well, what aca said so far is basically all we know. What I can say is that Jan hasn't renewed the domain despite promising to do so. It's known he doesn't have a credit card but he told us he'll ask his father to pay for him and everything will be alright....or maybe not.

Even if something went wrong and Jan can't pay the domain the least I expect is an explanation from him, but sadly he's been doing that for too long now. There's nothing new about him not communicating and leaving us in the dark, sadly. if and when Xtratime ever returns we'll need a reforme to survive as he also has a huge debt to the server...infact, they could probably cut us off air sooner or later once they realise their money isn't coming. It's been dragged on ever since September after all.

I am hoping for the best, but...

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Raanan ] ++
After unstoppable pressures from Martin I had to register too... :D

Well, what aca said so far is basically all we know. What I can say is that Jan hasn't renewed the domain despite promising to do so. It's known he doesn't have a credit card but he told us he'll ask his father to pay for him and everything will be alright....or maybe not.

Even if something went wrong and Jan can't pay the domain the least I expect is an explanation from him, but sadly he's been doing that for too long now. There's nothing new about him not communicating and leaving us in the dark, sadly. if and when Xtratime ever returns we'll need a reforme to survive as he also has a huge debt to the server...infact, they could probably cut us off air sooner or later once they realise their money isn't coming. It's been dragged on ever since September after all.

I am hoping for the best, but...
Raanan! are you doing??? I'm sure Xtratime will be back sooner or later...

or maybe not :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I'm sry for all the XT forumers .. we all felt bad too when juventuz crashed some while ago .. I hope XT gets back as soon as possible ;)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
I'm afraid that XT sang it's swan's song already.....:(

The best i can think of is that Jan is just buying some time, so to not lose community, but the XT has "Titanic" written all over it.

It is over. At least the way we know it.

For the ones that asked about FinalFootball, we have a new server and so on. It is matter of installing and restoring data and so on...how long will that take, Alex can probably answer better than me :D

Raanan

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++

Raanan! are you doing??? I'm sure Xtratime will be back sooner or later...

or maybe not :D
Yo Oded, I am alright. :) I hope XT will be back, can't imagine how this whole site goes down but as Aca said realistically we're in for a Titanic (without Di Caprio:D)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
how long will that take, Alex can probably answer better than me :D
It all depends on the host, they can be very forthcoming, they can also be very indifferent. In your case you should have access to everything yourself so no waiting around for the host to fix stuff. So really it depends on Razor.. :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Update on XT... :)

carlito..
Below, I copy pasted Jan's post as he is back. The domain will be renewed. Just a reminder to everyone that we have made an exception allowing members to advertise other boards since we thought the site would die completely, but since Jan is back and the site will be up and running, all the regulations are valid including no advertising. Also, please thank to Oldsocfan for everything he has done for the site as he has decided to step down. He is a great man. Thanks for your attention.

------------
Jan's post:

I am finally also here. I should have been the first to think of this back door I guess, but I only remembered the two names being tied when I got an email from one of you.

I am currently in dispute with Dotster over the name. As I said would I ask my dad to register it, but meanwhile I got a credit card and decided to do it myself instead.

I registrered the name again on the 21st and thus in good time before the running out and even got a email confirming it. Then I assumed everything was okay.

Wednesday evening (the 29th) I tried getting in and got the message that everyone else got about re-registring. I checked into the Dotster account just to see that the domain had not been renewed and had run out.

However I still had time to renew it as it is kept for another two weeks under my account before being deleted.

Now about the dispute. Dotster claims two things. That the credit card used was not a valid one (although it was approved in the payment process and payment was confirmed) and that there have been account irregularities concerning the password of the account or something of that nature. The exact nature of the claim is not clear to me. However have I received a number of change of password request mails myself which leads me to believe that someone actually have tried to access my domain account without my permission and without telling me about it. This could be what dotster finds irregular and another reason that they now are playing hardball about the domain name renewal.

The conclusion is that I will have to go to my bank and get them to cofirm my identity and that I am indeed the cardholder of this valid credit card. When I have done so should dotster give me back account access and enable me to renew the domain. They have promised that this will be possible before the domain runs out or they will prolong it so I believe we will be allright.

Hence should you not expect the site to work as before for another couple of days, but surely this coming week at some point. I can only apologize for not thinking about how to communicate with you guys sooner, but I had completely forgotten about the tied names.

When the site is back to normal will we have to talk straight about the sites future. It was never my intention to simply shut down and nor will it happen. However I will have to make some hard decisions within the coming month and I will do so.

Most likely will that mean a limited cooperation with Bigsoccer who have offered to take over the technical side of things (which is where the costs lie) in return for their store being promoted here. I think it is a decent proposal that deserves attention. I know some of you would be against it, but at some point the possibilities are limited.

The alternative would be moving away from the current host and setting up some sort of new founder group lead in order to assure that all the money goes into this forum site and nothing else and that all those contributing have a say in the future of the site, management of the site etc. I would also be open to this option as long as I can get out of bearing the costs alone.

Anyway you are free to comment on my suggestions or make new ones yourself, but we will be able to talk more when the site is back under its own domain name I am sure you agree.

Jan

lili

Aug 2, 2003
hello:)
then xt crashed again?
well, i heard labas is around my place and want to go to the stadium with a lyonnais, i would like go with him but i don't have his e-mail, does someone have it please?:)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by lili ] ++
hello:)
then xt crashed again?
well, i heard labas is around my place and want to go to the stadium with a lyonnais, i would like go with him but i don't have his e-mail, does someone have it please?:)
hi :)

Yeah it seems Xt has crashed, at least i haven't been able to get on for a few days now. Its probably being sorted. As for the e-mail i'm not sure if anyone here will be able to help you on that, but maybe!

Welcome here anyway

lili

Aug 2, 2003
thank you paolo:)
long time ago i was logged here as marilou, maybe some people remember of me.
i gonna try to go in the ff forum, maybe labas is registered there.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I hope we hear something soon, I'm really nervous. Xtratime has become a big part of my Internet life, and I don't know what to do if it disappears.

Plus, I hear Tom was up for the admin job! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)