Xabi Alonso (7 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Then, probably for 18 mil it would have happened. Now, I just don't know. I think we may move to sign a winger regardless (with sales of Pennant, Arba, Itandje looming), but if someone offered us 16+ I think we'd have to seriously consider it, because it would allow us to buy a viable replacement or a top of the line winger. Rafa is ready show faith in Plessis, our young Frenchman, who did well in his few appearances last season. It could very well be that Alonso ships off, this summer or in January. Though I think it would be wise to hold on to him with Masch, Lucas and Babel all Olympic bound. He could as easily regain his 2005 fitness and be back to his old self (old self=no broken feet).
Too bad we don't know the amount Juve officially offered back then. There were many numbers circulating, starting from 13m eur Juve offered to 23m eur Liverpool asked, but we don't know for sure how much Juve really offered and for how much Liverpool were ready to sell.

Another thing we don't know for sure is if Liverpool were ready to sell at all before they secure Barry.

If Liverpool were really ready to sell for ~18m eur then i think Juve should have made a financial sacrifice and buy him.
If Liverpool didn't want to sell before they secure Barry then it's useless to talk about Xabi to Juve.

For Juventus fans, hopefully, the history will repeat and we'll do what we did with Sissoko. Instead of paying +20m eur in the summer we got him for almost twice less in winter. I wouldn't be surprised if Juve buy Alonso for some 13-14m in January. If Liverpool want to get rid of him in January, if he insists to leave Pool because he lost his spot in starting XI and if he's cup tied and won't be able to play CL then his price tag will fall for sure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Tell me 1 player who posses his passing quality, vision and creativity for less then that.
And dont be stupid by mentioning players who are "worth" 20 millions on the paper. Because reality is; Xabi is for sale, and i dont see any other with his quality who are.
Van Der Vaart.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If I remember correctly last season the majority of those who blamed the board were saying within a couple of weeks that Milito wasn't Juve material and he was injury prone. Now we have a very similar situation going on with Alonso, people that were on his nuts a month ago are saying he's not as good as Tiago or Poulsen and that Juve has no need for creative players in the the center.

I read Xtratime a lot and it's really not that bad. I also read a few of the Kop forums so maybe I'm just spoiled. Maybe they aren't typical Juventus fans just typical Juventuz fans.
I don't know whether some of these people subconsciously console themselves by coming up with certain excuses for not signing players or what. It's almost as if, after it's obvious we lost out on the player, these people just find something to fall back on so they don't feel as perturbed. With Milito, individuals wanted him at first but now they say he's a terrible player. But the fact is, it's obvious he was our target and we failed to sign him. Failures abound.

While there are several idiots here, every single big club has their share of annoying fans.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Andy,

I agree with your point,to label Alonso as a poor player is ridiculous just because we diden't sign him,but you have to understand each and every person is entitled to an opinion and sometimes I dont feel you recognise that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy,

I agree with your point,to label Alonso as a poor player is ridiculous just because we diden't sign him,but you have to understand each and every person is entitled to an opinion and sometimes I dont feel you recognise that.
I do indeed recognize it, but that doesn't mean I can't argue the point.

Some have believed the world is flat in their lifetime. That was their opinion. Should we respect it even though it's wrong?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Andy,

While people are allowed to have an opinion, no one is entitled to agree with it or even acknowledge it as valid. People saying Milito was a bad player at the time was ridiculous because he was better than every player on Juves back line. (Giorgio has improved greatly, but Im talking about back then)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Too bad we don't know the amount Juve officially offered back then. There were many numbers circulating, starting from 13m eur Juve offered to 23m eur Liverpool asked, but we don't know for sure how much Juve really offered and for how much Liverpool were ready to sell.

Another thing we don't know for sure is if Liverpool were ready to sell at all before they secure Barry.

If Liverpool were really ready to sell for ~18m eur then i think Juve should have made a financial sacrifice and buy him.
If Liverpool didn't want to sell before they secure Barry then it's useless to talk about Xabi to Juve.

For Juventus fans, hopefully, the history will repeat and we'll do what we did with Sissoko. Instead of paying +20m eur in the summer we got him for almost twice less in winter. I wouldn't be surprised if Juve buy Alonso for some 13-14m in January. If Liverpool want to get rid of him in January, if he insists to leave Pool because he lost his spot in starting XI and if he's cup tied and won't be able to play CL then his price tag will fall for sure.
You're assuming he looses his starting spot. He could very well use August to cement a starting place. He'll have the chance (in the league and CL) with Mash and Lucas in China. It could very well be that we don't sell him at all. Things are really wide open right now.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Yep again i agree,I'm not trying to get a rise out of you guys or anything,Enron I totally agree it seems people on here have the attitude-

Link about *insert player name here*

-Omg this guy can solve all our midfield problems,creativity and what not,going on about other players were linked with who are shit.

-Then the link between the player *who every one wanted* and juve doesen't materialise,then that guy is labelled not as good as what we have.

I feel a few people have to realise what they posted pre to the link and what they post after the link if it doesen't work out.

@Enron-I would really like Alonso here I rate him highly,but imo 20 Million is alot.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
While people are allowed to have an opinion, no one is entitled to agree with it or even acknowledge it as valid. People saying Milito was a bad player at the time was ridiculous because he was better than every player on Juves back line. (Giorgio has improved greatly, but Im talking about back then)
I think milito is still a good player (even with he's average season with barca last year). The thing that some people don't realize here is that spanish clubs don't really know how to defend. Teams in spain may have best defenders in europe but still they're not organized well in the back. Even cannavaro said last season that midfielders in spain don't help out defenders. Even quality defenders like chiellini, nesta might look poor there.......

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
On second thought, using the original meaning of hyper, hypertheos means over god or above god, so hypertheotically means acting like you're above god or bigger than god.
There, Nick just coined a new word.

Tahir, stop acting hypertheotically.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Hyper is Greek and it means Over (opposed to under), in past few decades used mostly as an adjective that means overexcited.
Theos is God in Greek.

So what you said actually means overexcitedgodically.
i think what art said was exactly overexcitedgodically
On second thought, using the original meaning of hyper, hypertheos means over god or above god, so hypertheotically means acting like you're above god or bigger than god.

omg..............:D :D :D cant stop laughing.....

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

I'm just a poor servant His.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)