Xabi Alonso (9 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
But you think we don't have a decent transfer kitty. From what I heard, the amount of money alloted to us was at least 40 million Euros after the Amauri deal. If that is the case, we could bring in Xabi, a good left back, and someone such as Zapata for that money.

Tiago, Almiron, and Iaquinta costed us about 36 million. A proven player such as Xabi is much more drastically proven compared to them.

Alonso is someone we need because nobody in our midfield can pass the ball. End off.
Zanetti?

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Not the youngest player we have, as a DM prone to bookings and suspensions and he had some injuries lately, which have only shown how badly our midfield sucks without a player like him. With the amount of matches we have next season, plus the fact that Xabi and Zanetti can play together, he's a must buy.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Our people should act smart in this deal, liverpool wants to sign some players this summer (ex.barry) so they're trying to get the most from this deal. I think that liverpool r aiming for 20+ millions perhaps something in the region of 22-25 mil.

The thing is our people will be hesitate to pay that sum in cash so i really really hope they don't do "the dump move":gsol: by paying 16-18 million in cash + players that may equal in total more than 25 millions!! (same move that we did in amauri deal were we ended up getting him for 23 millions in total :shifty: ).

Alonso is a quality player nodoubt about that but there is always alternatives out there. Lucho gonzalez and Lorik Cana r great players that can really add quality to our mid........

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
no no im not saying that i dont want Xabi to join Juve, im praying that he does come, but Andy said that theres nobody in our midfield that can pass, i simply brought up Zanetti because everybody knows what good assists he provides.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Zanetti does pass the ball well,but from the middle of the park,he's our only guy who does it.and Alonso?

simply a higher class player,passer,and etc...exactly what we need.
With such a midfield-Alonso-Zanetti,Sissoko our flanks will concentrate on their job only...Camo-Neddy-Giovinco...

can't wiat to see them play togheter:)

P.S-About the money thing:

I just can't fvcking understand the whole whining about the money?!?!!?!?

ARE YOU PAYING?!

There is NOTHING to do,that's the market those days.and you can't bring a good player in for 10mil.you can't!

and no,Diego would not cost 20.

30 at least,Bremen are not stupid,they know that when Real/Chelsea is there,they wil get 30-35 mil for him.
so 20 for Diego?!give me break.

So just relax,as no one said that buying Alonso we will not upgrade our defence.
Wait and see that we will bring in defender/s.the mercato just started.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
shutup ,what you know about football anyway you stupid american , go to your stupid baseball :D
:shocked: maher made a funny:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

actually quite good for him

what shit would that be Andy? The fact that we'll spend huge on Alonso, and then go stingy on the defence? Or even better, put our hopes into Giovinco to take over Nedved because playing 3 games in 7 days effects him overall?

who mentioned bench players and where did you get 36 million from?

This team needs more then Alonso...and if the club spends big on him, it will leave lil for others.
what makes you think that 20mill on alonso will be the end of the spending? none of us are fans of the current board but i am damned sure that they know we need defensive fortifications for next summer. as for the price i think 20mill will turn out to be great business, a player with vision,composure,superb technique and has already proven he can compete in the biggest game of all, i think 20mil could be a great piece of business

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
The thing is our people will be hesitate to pay that sum in cash so i really really hope they don't do "the dump move":gsol: by paying 16-18 million in cash + players that may equal in total more than 25 millions!! (same move that we did in amauri deal were we ended up getting him for 23 millions in total :shifty: ).
and who do you want to give to liverpool? Which player can we give away that easily? Molinaro maybe?! Yeah, try selling molinaro to liverpool for 10 mio. They'll laugh their asses of. First of all; we don't have any spare players left and secondly, it's liverpool we're dealing with, not palermo! So it's all up to them. they'll probably request ~20mio, which is a lot, but just 'normal' in terms of nowadays transfer policy. Our management knows that just as much as the one of liverpool, just as much as every person with a brain between his ears. It would not be wise to just buy him right now. There are still other paths to follow; aquilani maybe. If the aquilani deal is rejected, we can easily start the serious negotiations. It's not that xabi alonso's price will go sky-high in a week or two (i even doubt the european championship will change a lot of his market value) and we are definately in first position no matter what team appears in the newspapers (we seem to have an agreement with xabi himself and i think we're fine with pool, remember the sissoko-transfer) so why hurry? We can easily wait and see, also how much money we need for strengthening our defence, and then go ahead and sign.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
Look, this isn't about whether the player is "worth" so and so amount of money. Do people really think Darren Bent is "worth" 22 million Euros?

People have got to realize that these are the current market conditions. The market is inflated right now due to the English clubs having much more demand than before, so the high price tag will naturally come around. So if you want something that is quality, you're going to have to pay for it, even if it's not subjectively "worth" what you think it's "worth."

Xabi Alonso is a good player, a player that we need, and 20 million Euros is probably a fair price for the player in these market conditions. I mean, he's damn good with the ball and has played well under pressure in Champions League finals and Cup finals, so I don't see what the problem is here.
you can get Alonso for 20M, Diego probably for 30M

it's not the market in general that is inflated. it's the EPL players who are overrated

as long as no EPL clubs make a move for diego, we should. the most stupid thing you can do with a limited budget is go shopping in england.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
you can get Alonso for 20M, Diego probably for 30M

it's not the market in general that is inflated. it's the EPL players who are overrated

as long as no EPL clubs make a move for diego, we should. the most stupid thing you can do with a limited budget is go shopping in england.
:agree: thats exactly my point.........But i wouldn't call them overrated but rather overvalued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)