Xabi Alonso (10 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Liverpool's Xabi Alonso could be on the brink of a £12m move to Juventus. (Press Association, 1300 BST)

It's looking more and more likely that Juve will kill two birds with one stone and take the package. Makes perfect sense.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
:D
So he will be our LB,well i think he can sure give some 2-3 fine seasons,
i'm not doubting his offensive skills,but defensively,is he good enough?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So with Xabi Alonos, There will be 3 Defensive Midfielder next season:
Zanetti, Sissoko and Xabi Alonso!
And Marchisio:weee: Considering we have so many forwards and Giovinco we might change our formation and use less DMs

Riise has been useless the past season and would be about as popular as Molinaro on these forums.
No one can be as popular as Molinaro:(

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Xabi Alonso has more in common with Gerrard and Pirlo than Zanetti and Sissoko... he's not a typical DM... he's a very smart and versatile player... I didn't think we had a chance to get him for a while there, but for 12 million pounds, he'd be an awesome acquisition.

As for Riise... he used to be outstanding, but he might be past it. However, he might be a good tutor for De Ceglie, and if taking him gets Xabi, I do it, and then look at a solid CB with the savings.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
Xabi Alonso has more in common with Gerrard and Pirlo than Zanetti and Sissoko... he's not a typical DM... he's a very smart and versatile player... I didn't think we had a chance to get him for a while there, but for 12 million pounds, he'd be an awesome acquisition.

As for Riise... he used to be outstanding, but he might be past it. However, he might be a good tutor for De Ceglie, and if taking him gets Xabi, I do it, and then look at a solid CB with the savings.
I agree he has more in common with Pirlo, but Gerrard?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Liverpool's Xabi Alonso could be on the brink of a £12m move to Juventus. (Press Association, 1300 BST)

It's looking more and more likely that Juve will kill two birds with one stone and take the package. Makes perfect sense.
12 million is insulting. Rafa needs to shape up in the transfer market this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)