Xabi Alonso (12 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I still prefer Veloso from sporting
Veloso has been dissapointing for Sporting this season as most Portugue/sporting fans will tell you. He is a skullfull dm with excellent qualities, but is too overhyped and is right riding more on flash and potential then substance (and would be MUCH more overpriced then a real quality player like Xabi would be for now).

In Sporting, Moutinho is the real leading player and the superior player. He has accomplished much more (captain for few years already), so he is the better choice between the two. Veloso is still in more of U-21 player level while Moutinho is already bonafide starter for the NT.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Xabi is great IMO and I wouldn't complain if we spend 16mln on him.

He has great passes and that is exactly what we need.Having him in duo with Momo would be amazing.
he is a very hard working player too, he has great talent but just needs the chance to shine. He's 26 right?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Veloso has been dissapointing for Sporting this season as most Portugue/sporting fans will tell you. He is a skullfull dm with excellent qualities, but is too overhyped and is right riding more on flash and potential then substance (and would be MUCH more overpriced then a real quality player like Xabi would be for now).

In Sporting, Moutinho is the real leading player and the superior player. He has accomplished much more (captain for few years already), so he is the better choice between the two. Veloso is still in more of U-21 player level while Moutinho is already bonafide starter for the NT.
Even though Veloso didn't do well this year he has great deal of potential to of the best players in middle I think.I'd welcome him here any day.Moutinho is also :tup:

Vukcevic had a good season at Sporting as well I think.

he is a very hard working player too, he has great talent but just needs the chance to shine. He's 26 right?
Yeah.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
As I said I afraid he won`t be effiecient enough
I think it will be better if we go for Aquilani or Deco
You probably haven't seen him a lot,his passes are pure class,and with good wings,that's what we need,classy passes for our Forwards.
plus,he has a really nice shot,free kicks,and he played with Sissoko.

He WILL be effiecient enough.

What? 16m too much? He is one the best players in his position, so hardly. We threw away 13m on Tiago when he was a known mediocre player, who turned out to be two times worse then expected (Xabi in comparison is exactly the kind of isntant quality we need to elevate us). Modric would be very good for that price too, but he was overpriced and needs to prove he is in Xabi's level instead of the reverse.

Nasri I would badly sign for even 25m, he is an astronomical talent, as you will all see and hype up soon in Arsenal (very few watched Ligue 1 and really know of him). Or before that in the euro. But the fact of the matter is Nasri isnt on our radar, so what can you do.
Agree on that,16 mil is a fine price.
And as long as Nasri on his way to Arsenal,we better forget him and focus on other guys,such as Xabi.

Didn't hear lately us being linked to either Veloso or Modric...
from what media tell us it's Xabi Alonso or Aquilani or Keita...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I mean, sometimes Ben Arfa decides it's better not to pass. Meaning yes, he's selfish.:shifty:
ok then i agree
Have you seen how good Barry has been this season?
he's had a fantastic season, but thats as far as he can go, Alonso is obviously the better player.
Barry is possibly the best left sided English midfield player. Possibly the only solution to their seemingly endless search for that role in the national team.

Yes, Barry has had a v. good season a Villa park. No question of that.

However he is not remotely similar in style to Xabi and performs a completely different role.

Xabi would be our Pavel repacement.
Barry is a central midfielder, he's a poor winger tbh, he's looked poor whenever played on the wing
:agree: good box to box player, IMO only second best passer to Pirlo
Alonso is more of a deep lying playmaker, i wouldnt call him a box to box midfielder.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, Xabi is just a little bit ahead of the defenders. He hardly takes runs forward and stays mostly along the half line to distribute the ball.

Even if Momo is a pure destroying DM, he is more of a box-to-box player then Xabi in every way.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Just give them those few million extra for Alonso and our midfield will be complete.

Camoranesi Sissoko Alonso Nedved/Giovinco

Salihamidzic Zanetti Marchisio Giovinco/Nedved

Great.

The partnership of Sissoko and Alonso did wonders for Liverpool in the CL two +- seasons ago, only we'll have better players on their flanks.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

There is one more Sporting player i really like. It's their number 10, Simon Vukčević.
The 22 years old Montenegrin midfielder already has 6 years top level experience, technically gifted, great dribbler and strong as a bull.
Player that can immediately become a hit in a league like serie A.
I know him from Partizan, from the EURO21 tournaments and from 3 or 4 Sporting matches i watched (he was amazing on all these matches, scoring to Porto and Benfica).
But i didn't watch him a lot this year so i wonder if he was as good throughout the season as he was in these matches vs Porto and Benfica !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)