Xabi Alonso (11 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Barry is possibly the best left sided English midfield player. Possibly the only solution to their seemingly endless search for that role in the national team.

Yes, Barry has had a v. good season a Villa park. No question of that.

However he is not remotely similar in style to Xabi and performs a completely different role.

Xabi would be our Pavel repacement.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Xabi would never be a replacemnt for Nedved.He plays a deeper role,does not make a lot of forward bursts like Nedved.His game is built on passing.Plus Xabi is not a winger,or someone who'd play on either flank.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Dopo aver sistemato l'attacco con Amauri (resta solo da convincere Lanzafame ad accettare il Palermo, annuncio atteso per oggi), il prossimo colpo di mercato della Juventus verrà effettuato a centrocampo. Blanc in missione a Liverpool per Xabi Alonso: trovato l'accordo con il regista spagnolo già pronto al sì, è vicino anche quello con i Reds (offerti 15 milioni di euro contro i 20 richiesti). Settimana prossima nuovo incontro.

calciomercato.it 21/5

After to have systemized the attack with Amauri (remains alone from convince Lanzafame to accept the Palermo, I announce orderly for today), the next blow of market of the Juventus verrà carried out to centerfield. Blanc in mission to Liverpool for Xabi Alonso: found the Agreement with the Spanish producer already ready to the yes, is close also that with the Reds (dedicated 15 million euro against the 20 requests). Next meeting novelty week

simoncauchi

Feb 21, 2007
If Xabi arrives we are going to have a one hell of a squad. Remeber guys with Amauri coming we aready have the best attack and Xabi/Sissoko/Zanetti/Camoranesi/Nedved/Giovinco, well that is one of really good midfield. After we need to fix the defence especially on the left wing and another CB.

I think the board is doing fine, just give them time since now they have the money to invest not like last season.

Regards

Simon

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Dopo aver sistemato l'attacco con Amauri (resta solo da convincere Lanzafame ad accettare il Palermo, annuncio atteso per oggi), il prossimo colpo di mercato della Juventus verrà effettuato a centrocampo. Blanc in missione a Liverpool per Xabi Alonso: trovato l'accordo con il regista spagnolo già pronto al sì, è vicino anche quello con i Reds (offerti 15 milioni di euro contro i 20 richiesti). Settimana prossima nuovo incontro.

calciomercato.it 21/5

After to have systemized the attack with Amauri (remains alone from convince Lanzafame to accept the Palermo, I announce orderly for today), the next blow of market of the Juventus verrà carried out to centerfield. Blanc in mission to Liverpool for Xabi Alonso: found the Agreement with the Spanish producer already ready to the yes, is close also that with the Reds (dedicated 15 million euro against the 20 requests). Next meeting novelty week
Sounds great!;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juve launch Alonso raid
Wednesday 21 May, 2008

Juventus director general Jean-Claude Blanc has flown to Liverpool with the intention of signing Xabi Alonso.

All three major sports newspapers in the peninsula today lead with the Old Lady’s interest in the Spaniard and a deal could be on the horizon.

Having virtually wrapped up the signature of Amauri from Palermo, the Italian giants have turned to landing a quality midfielder and Alonso seems to be their man.

The classy playmaker has been associated with the Bianconeri in the past and they have revived their interest following Champions League qualification.

Stories suggest that Blanc has held talks with the Anfield management and little separates the clubs seeing as Juve have offered £11m and the Reds want £14m.

Further talks for the 26-year-old will reportedly take place next week, but confidence is high that a deal could be done after Juve signed Momo Sissoko from the Premiership side in January.

However, it’s unclear whether the Spanish international, tied to Liverpool until 2012, is willing to leave his present side.

"At the moment I am with Liverpool, I have a contract with Liverpool and I want to be at Liverpool,” he told skysports.com recently.

"I have been surprised and very disappointed to read that I want to leave Liverpool. The people who write these things have clearly not done very rigorous research."

Juventus do need fresh faces in midfield as flops Sergio Almiron and Tiago Mendes are set to be sold after failing to settle in Turin.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
It's true, Juve bid for Alonso.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah I can't wait to see him wearing black and white jersey. It's just marvelous how our midfield would be if he come. Above all, I have a strong phobia he will come. Hopefully it will come true.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
sounds very promising; the only thing i'm a little worried about is that in my opinion, alonso's success is mostly due to his long range passes and i'm not quite sure they'll work that well in serie-a as they do in pool. But i haven't seen a lot of games of him, so i can't really say anything against him. Those long-range passes are the only thing i have in my mind from him. But 20 mio seems like a lot doesn't it? If he really will be 20mio, would you guys prefer alonso or aquilani?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Xabi Alonso has been overrated for a while because his last 2 years has been pretty dissapointing to what he can do. But he is an immense regista in quality, and would be absolutely stellar purchase. I still wont believe this, would be too good to be true, but its nice to hear the rumour is serious instead of empty.

Jul 15, 2006
Xabi Alonso has been overrated for a while because his last 2 years has been pretty dissapointing to what he can do. But he is an immense regista in quality, and would be absolutely stellar purchase. I still wont believe this, would be too good to be true, but its nice to hear the rumour is serious instead of empty.
Yeah, but 16m euro might be too much for Alonso also considering players ie Modric cost a similar amount, so to with Nasri and Arsenal.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, but 16m euro might be too much for Alonso also considering players ie Modric cost a similar amount, so to with Nasri and Arsenal.
What? 16m too much? He is one the best players in his position, so hardly. We threw away 13m on Tiago when he was a known mediocre player, who turned out to be two times worse then expected (Xabi in comparison is exactly the kind of isntant quality we need to elevate us). Modric would be very good for that price too, but he was overpriced and needs to prove he is in Xabi's level instead of the reverse.

Nasri I would badly sign for even 25m, he is an astronomical talent, as you will all see and hype up soon in Arsenal (very few watched Ligue 1 and really know of him). Or before that in the euro. But the fact of the matter is Nasri isnt on our radar, so what can you do.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Xabi is great IMO and I wouldn't complain if we spend 16mln on him.

He has great passes and that is exactly what we need.Having him in duo with Momo would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)