Xabi Alonso (19 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i think tiago had the potential along with palla that could have really shone through this year ..its a shame. But i guess we can't wait for them to lift their game now when the stakes are so high.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
got confirmation on that? i think he will just say anything that will make him not look like a fool...so, if he does stay at Liverpool he'll still be liked by the fans etc.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
so you are saying, "Tiago to launch midfield attacks, and playin 3 upfront"

so let see:

Camo, Sissoko, Tiago, Nedved

Amauri, DP, Trez

dont u think we are bit shaky at back?
we played last season with two DM to better protect our defense..

also 4 assists in some 11 games or more, not very impressing..
his passing was more backwards than forward as well...so..

btw. every Juve player will say best about their "coworkers" don't you think so
We only play with 11 men, not 12 :p unless ur setting up a three man defense.

I meant.

Camo Sissoko Tiago

Amauri/Iaquinta Trez Del Pie/Giovinco

I don't like us to play this way, Im only predicting what CR will do and how we might do it.

Yes our defense will not be solid, thas why I don't like Tiago, coz he doesn't fit in any of our formations. Unless he learns better defensive position.

Anyways, with all this signing in CB and DM, it may also be a posibility that we play a 3-4-3, using Mellberg as RCB, and Molinaro or De Ceglie as attacking wingback.

3 CB might offset Moli's constant defensive lapses.

-----Melberg--Andrade--Chiellini

------------Poulsen--------------Molinaro
-Camo----------------Sissoko

--Amauri------Trez-------Del Pie

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
[...]
3 CB might offset Moli's constant defensive lapses.

-----Melberg--Andrade--Chiellini

------------Poulsen--------------Molinaro
-Camo----------------Sissoko

--Amauri------Trez-------Del Pie
come on... sissoko as LM? How should del piero get ANY ball there?? Sissoko is a pure destroying DM. It's no use positioning i-don't-know-where. He plays in front of our defense, and nowhere else. if we really want poulsen and are going to play him alongside Sissoko, then i don't see any other formation than this one:

XX -- XX

Nedved ------------------ Camo
Sissoko -- Poulsen

Molinaro -- Chiellini -- Legro/Andrade/Mellberg -- Grygera​

Now i don't like that Formation at all, because i doubt camo and neddy have the pace to compensate the lack of the CM. I'd like to see Tiago somewhere too (he could be replaced with one of the 2 DMs) It's undeniable that the formation above is a pure destroying formation, and it could possibly work out, but it's going to be a sad juve to look at; Probably lots of long balls (by poulsen and sissoko... omg) but we have to acknowledge that it brings certain versatility also... we could for example bring in giovinco as an AM, Del Piero even as an AM, grabbing balls outside the penaltly area...

I don't know... i'd have preffered someone like xabi every time, but i must say that xabi at +20 mio € is just too much. We did this 'mistake' already with tiago, and we've seen what a delicate position the CM is especially in italy (not much room, tight defending)... imagine him to end up the same as tiago did.... Poulsen is not comparable to Xabi, neither in terms of technique, nor in terms of character... but i have to agree that poulsen for 8mio is probably better than xabi for 20... sadly... if liverpool would accept that 16mio-deal than it would be another question, but 20 is a lot more to cover, especially when we don't have a Director who pulls out his wallet in that case (like berlusca or moRATti)

It's a sad thing to see, but it's reality... we're missing a President who has his heart with the club and does not just consider it a 'firm'. We gotta be happy with poulsen i fear...

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't see us play with 3 at the back.

It will different forms of 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 IMO.

I still believe Alonso will come and we'll all be happy. :rulz:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
im still hopeful too...what would be your reason to have thought its called off? The board said 10 days...it will be what? 8 now? We have time to see what happens with barry.

Jun 29, 2008
I believe if we hold out a little longer we will seal the deal with Xabi. Its really only a matter of time until Barry is transferred to Liverpool since he has screwed up relations terribly with Villa. O'neil didnt want to sell Barry but after disciplining him by fining him and not letting him attend the training camp or something, its just when, not if, hes going to leave. I think O'neil is not going to have a choice but to drop the price on Barry because he needs to offload him seeing has how sour it seems to have become between them. When Liverpool acquire their man, then we get ours. The only problem with this is time. Our board wants to start training for the preliminaries and needs to land a deal ASAP (and also for the sake of our blood pressures), so it sucks to say, but I think the make or break in the Alonso deal is not the money, its just timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)