Xabi Alonso (15 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
do you honestly believe that? ;)
Yes I do. Selling tiago while we dont manage to buy alonso would be a huge mistake. Theyre practically the same kind of players, alonso beeing the better one. But tiago is extremly talented and could be very usefull for us next season.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Yes I do. Selling tiago while we dont manage to buy alonso would be a huge mistake. Theyre practically the same kind of players, alonso beeing the better one. But tiago is extremly talented and could be very usefull for us next season.
I believe that if we get Poulsen Tiago is leaving. They play in a totaly different position but then we will have 5 players in the midfield. And i am sure that this will happen.

natedizzle89

Jan 11, 2006
Why is this so hard!!! Our transfer dealings offer more drama than any reality tv show! Why does our board say they are gonna buy a top class midfielder and then try and buy poulsen! I mean if the negotiations are stalling over a couple million euros then do the damn deal, we're juve we're not broke, plus that couple million could be reimbursed easily as tons of juve fans would buy xabi's jersey, who is gonna buy poulsens! And at the same time i feel as if you guys are whining to much about attack and creativity, thats nonsense, look at arsenal for all their flair they never won a champions league. I mean i know this is a stupid analogy but i don't know if you guys watch the nba but the lakers were the best offensive team in the nba but they lost to the best defensive team in the nba, the celtics who are now enjoying life after winning the title. Defense wins titles! Look at the euros Holland was on fire scoring tons of goals but they got no where! Two teams with balanced defenses, midfield, and attacks got to the final, italy and germany. We need that, we need stability and consistency to have the ability to win in CL and Serie A week in and week out. That is why i think Xabi would be a much better addition to our squad then poulsen. Oh yeah and ivanovic would be great to. I hope you guys see the point i'm trying to get across. In any case, Forza Juve!:flag3:

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Its clear that you dont know what your talking about, at chelsea and at lyon he was linking all the plays. His 4 assists with his limited playing time, proved it this season. Even amauri said so. Just because he didnt have a good season with us doesnt mean he isnt creative and or shit.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Why is this so hard!!! Our transfer dealings offer more drama than any reality tv show! Why does our board say they are gonna buy a top class midfielder and then try and buy poulsen! I mean if the negotiations are stalling over a couple million euros then do the damn deal, we're juve we're not broke, plus that couple million could be reimbursed easily as tons of juve fans would buy xabi's jersey, who is gonna buy poulsens! And at the same time i feel as if you guys are whining to much about attack and creativity, thats nonsense, look at arsenal for all their flair they never won a champions league. I mean i know this is a stupid analogy but i don't know if you guys watch the nba but the lakers were the best offensive team in the nba but they lost to the best defensive team in the nba, the celtics who are now enjoying life after winning the title. Defense wins titles! Look at the euros Holland was on fire scoring tons of goals but they got no where! Two teams with balanced defenses, midfield, and attacks got to the final, italy and germany. We need that, we need stability and consistency to have the ability to win in CL and Serie A week in and week out. That is why i think Xabi would be a much better addition to our squad then poulsen. Oh yeah and ivanovic would be great to. I hope you guys see the point i'm trying to get across. In any case, Forza Juve!:flag3:
Which tournament were you watching?:D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Its clear that you dont know what your talking about, at chelsea and at lyon he was linking all the plays. His 4 assists with his limited playing time, proved it this season. Even amauri said so. Just because he didnt have a good season with us doesnt mean he isnt creative and or shit.
I think it was Iaquinta who sad that.

Anyhow, I think that is what we have settled upon, unless Liverpool take our bait and lower alonso's price.

We could use Tiago to launch midfield attacks, and playin 3 upfront would enable him to have more targets. I never doubted his passing abilities, my main doubt has always been positioning, cause he always seems to weaken our formation defensively when we are without the ball.

And he doesn't do enough on the ball to justify his position in the starting eleven. Whatta headache, He adds creativity to our first 11 last year but not enough to over come what he takes out of our midfield in most games.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
so you are saying, "Tiago to launch midfield attacks, and playin 3 upfront"

so let see:

Camo, Sissoko, Tiago, Nedved

Amauri, DP, Trez

dont u think we are bit shaky at back?
we played last season with two DM to better protect our defense..

also 4 assists in some 11 games or more, not very impressing..
his passing was more backwards than forward as well...so..

btw. every Juve player will say best about their "coworkers" don't you think so

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
so you are saying, "Tiago to launch midfield attacks, and playin 3 upfront"

so let see:

Camo, Sissoko, Tiago, Nedved

Amauri, DP, Trez

dont u think we are bit shaky at back?
we played last season with two DM to better protect our defense..

btw. every Juve player will say best about their "coworkers" don't you think so
Thats true...
The problem is we weren't linked to any creative midfielder till now, unless you consider Alonso so...
And I can blame Ranieri on this more than our board...:shifty:

Nov 28, 2006
Tiago can play the same role as Deco played for Barcelona.

4-3-1-2

--------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------

---Mellberg-------Legro------------------Giorgio--------De Ceglie

---------------Zanneti---------------Sissoko-----------------------

--------------------------Tiago----------------------------------

------------Camo---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------DP-------------

----------------------Trez------------------------------

or 4-4-2 with camo and giovinco as wingers with 2 CF out of the four we got.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Tiago will be the next player we'll sell, no matter who'll arrive in Juve.
Even if we don't buy a midfielder, we're certainly selling Tiago.
Absolutely.Gigli himself said that.

People stop including Tiago in your formations.Tiago will be sold.

Triptonite

Jun 12, 2007
I thought this was Alonso topic, but anyway... Backward passing was Nocerino's job. Tiago did all the "in space" passing at wings finding Camo and making him more dangerous. I liked Tiago effort very much, with given playing time. He had bad moments too, but he was very good most of his time. Juver were flying when he was "on".

With Momo and Paulsen as backup, he will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)