Worst sitcoms (2 Viewers)

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Yea, when you see the 10th season for the 10th time, it kinda catches up.
    even brad pit is a comedian now:D

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

:confused:

This coming from a man who thinks The Office is funny? COME ON! :D
    The Office is funny, but I will grant you the fact that it's an especially English type of humour that I find funny.

I've honestly tried to watch Seinfeld, but I just end up hating it. I don't get American comedy, with the exception of the Airplane/Naked Gun type things.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    The Office is funny, but I will grant you the fact that it's an especially English type of humour that I find funny.
    I don't think it has anything to do with that. I have seen a fair share of English comedy, some of it is brilliant (esp the classics), some clearly isn't (that muppet Ali G among others) and I honestly believe I do get the jokes, I don't see how there could be anything more to it but it's just so lame. I mean the main character, he's trying to be so cool but he's just lame. Not interesting in the least and the rest of them aren't any better. Just don't get what you could possibly see in it.. :)

I've honestly tried to watch Seinfeld, but I just end up hating it. I don't get American comedy, with the exception of the Airplane/Naked Gun type things.
    Now that you mention it, I recall you explained it to me once before. :)

Sep 14, 2003

I mean the main character, he's trying to be so cool but he's just lame. Not interesting in the least and the rest of them aren't any better.
    That's the idea, he's a complete loser. How can you not find Gareth funny? :)

Oh well, I'll just accept you don't like, just like you will have to for Seinfeld. ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

That's the idea, he's a complete loser. How can you not find Gareth funny? :)

Oh well, I'll just accept you don't like, just like you will have to for Seinfeld. ;)
    Because he's not. I have met people like that before, people who seek validation and completely fail at it. I don't see what makes it funny. The comedy is so obvious and predictable, where's the surprise?

Deal ;)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    friends
    frasier
    seinfeld

All ridiculously overated mindnumbing, unfunny bullshit
    correct. You can add to that list every US sitcom thats ever been imported over here, a complete load of drivel aimed at kids, there's not a single bit of mature, adult humour between them.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

correct. You can add to that list every US sitcom thats ever been imported over here, a complete load of drivel aimed at kids, there's not a single bit of mature, adult humour between them.
    Anything you would recommend?

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Anything you would recommend?
    Sure.

I already posted these in the best sitcoms thread , but

not the nine o clock news
    the fast show
    blackadder
    fawlty towers
    monty python
    red dwarf :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I've seen 3-5 and they're all good. Tho Fawlty Towers had some problems with the writing, sometimes the story didn't match the acting and it looked like terrible over acting.

Don't know the others.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Sure.

I already posted these in the best sitcoms thread , but

not the nine o clock news
    the fast show
    blackadder
    fawlty towers
    monty python
    red dwarf :)
    Ive gotta admit... and i do seem to be one of the few english people of this view....

I absolutely hate red dwarf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)