Worst Fans In The World (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
While generalising may lead to some misjudgements, one must admit that there are certain countries where hooliganism is less prevelant, like the Netherlands. Perhaps clubs like Galatasary should look to the Netherlands for solutions to their problems of fan violence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
While generalising may lead to some misjudgements, one must admit that there are certain countries where hooliganism is less prevelant, like the Netherlands. Perhaps clubs like Galatasary should look to the Netherlands for solutions to their problems of fan violence.
What? What planet are you from?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
What? What planet are you from?
I'm not at liberty to say....

but on topic, you can not deny that while fan violence does occur in the Netherlands it occurs with less frequency and less severity than it does in Italy or England.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by FaNaTiC ] ++
when we are talking about Hooligans Netherlands is no better than Italy or England!
In volume and severity of violent crimes, that statement is not true.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
nahh... they are crazy too!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I'm not at liberty to say....

but on topic, you can not deny that while fan violence does occur in the Netherlands it occurs with less frequency and less severity than it does in Italy or England.
That's not entirely true, Ian. Taken into account that we are a much smaller country one could even argue that hooliganism in The Netherlands is even more severe than in England or Italy. Especially in the second division.

It has calmed down slightly in the past months because the governement and the KNVB have developed a system with which they can register hooligans and forbid them to come near stadiums but Holland is definetely NOT some Utopia in hooliganism, mate!!

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
First, Inter fans are not violent if you compare with other teams but I don't know very much about Italian hooligans. Arsenal fans was very violent but now that their tickets cost 50£ or more you don't see many hooligans around Highbury anymore. What the Barcelona fans did was not anything extreme, Figo did something horrible and one should be glad that the Ultras didn't do something worse. Every time I watch a game things are thrown in on the pitch, for example billiard balls, darts, bananas, stones, bottles, bengals etc. and those things often have some sort of target.
So which country has the worst fans?
That is a very simple question, Poland. I can't understand why nobody has mentioned them.
The polish steroid hooligans don't have any limits at all. They often use weapons and always kick laying men. There's much to say about polish hooligans like the fight before Poland-England.
The Galatasaray fans are violent but all easteuropean teams are violent.
England was very famous for their hooligans but along with the high ticketprices the hooligans disappear. The first one you come to think of is Millwall but they have really taken care of the problem after the incident after the Birmingham playoff game last year.
The ones I have most respect for today is Cardiff, Burnley and Portsmouth. Also Manchester United deserves a lot of respect, they have big numbers but they aren't organised.
If I had written this post ten years ago it would have looked very different, much has been done since then. Nowadays it is easier to have control of the hooligans as you can see who's a hooligan just by looking at his/(hers) clothes.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's true, Polish scum is a serious problem for the sport. I recall the WC qual game vs Norway at Chorzow, the largest stadium in the country with 30-40k people turning up for the event. A fringe group of Norwegians also made the trip to see their boys go down 3-0 and Poland through to the Cup. But as the Norwegians were watching their team ripped to pieces (not literally ;)) peacefully, a minor group of the Polish fans began fighting among themselves.. :rolleyes:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
So which country has the worst fans?
That is a very simple question, Poland. I can't understand why nobody has mentioned them.
The polish steroid hooligans don't have any limits at all. They often use weapons and always kick laying men. There's much to say about polish hooligans like the fight before Poland-England.
How do you know all that? :dazed:
Even I don't know such things

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
That's true, Polish scum is a serious problem for the sport. I recall the WC qual game vs Norway at Chorzow, the largest stadium in the country with 30-40k people turning up for the event. A fringe group of Norwegians also made the trip to see their boys go down 3-0 and Poland through to the Cup. But as the Norwegians were watching their team ripped to pieces (not literally ;)) peacefully, a minor group of the Polish fans began fighting among themselves.. :rolleyes:
Don't call them fans, cause they are not fans for sure. Just hooligans. And they are serious problem. But more important is, that they are only some group of "fans" but their behaviour is sooo bad and spectacular, that they throw the shadow on all the rest of fans in Poland.
And the match you're talking about is good example for my words: there were 40k people on that stadium and only little handful of them was fighting. But people rememeber them, but not the rest ( some 39 867 ;)) of normal fans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)