World Cup Lounge (3 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
giovanotti said:
When Del Piero got the ball infront of Lehman,he scored in a miracle way.Pauleta didn't,and that is the difference between a world-class and a solid player.
The commentator on ART's like "Oh he tried to do a Del Piero! only Del Piero can score those, not him"

:lol:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
giovanotti said:
When Del Piero got the ball infront of Lehman,he scored in a miracle way.Pauleta didn't,and that is the difference between a world-class and a solid player.
But let's not kid ourselves either about DP. Several minutes before his goal, which was just icing after Grosso's, DP had an open shot on Lehman and he shot it wide, wide left ... when that could have been a clutch game winner.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
swag said:
But let's not kid ourselves either about DP. Several minutes before his goal, which was just icing after Grosso's, DP had an open shot on Lehman and he shot it wide, wide left ... when that could have been a clutch game winner.
I guess that was his first shot so it's ok

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
swag said:
True,but those kind of things happen even to the best players,such is Del Piero.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
swag said:
This reminds me of that awesome WC TV commercial in Spanish for some phone service provider.

Two guys are watching a match on the couch, and one is like, "¡Fue penal!" and the other says, "¡No fue penal!" And then they later show one guy getting an SMS while in the movie theater: "¡Fue penal!" And then there's the other guy with his pants around his ankles behind a public bathroom stall when the phone chimes, and he yells, "¡No fue penal!" ...etc. :D
OK, Sebi -- I finally ripped it and uploaded it to YouTube. Here's you and me as a couple of Mission homies after the France-Portugal semi-final. :D

(Sebi is the one in the glasses.)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
giovanotti said:
That's quite a theory since Lehman was on the bench today :p

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
WE DID ITTTTTTTTTT!!! FORZA ITALIA!!!!!! :D WE WON THE WORLD CUP!!!

Congratulations to France for a great game, they played their hearts out and I am proud of them. :D

Zidane I am very disappointed in! What is wrong with you?

I am so happy that Italy won despite that piece of crap goalkeeper Buffon. But then I always thought he was over paid. Italy needs to get Portugal's goal keeper!

BUT WE WON WE WON!!! My heart also went out to Trezeguet who is Juve's very own. :( I love that he gave us the win but poor thing. Toni and Gattuso was great for our team. The team did a lot of diving and faking which upsetted me a bit, but in the end we did win fair and square.

France's first goal was wrongly given because there was no touch but in the end it panned out when the same player did not get the penalty when he was rightfully supposed to.

Great game! My teams are #1 and 2 and I could not ask for more, except maybe that I wished that at that moment I wished I was the World cup trophy! :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
CauldronWench said:
Best goal keeper? He missed ALL the penalties! Thank heavens for the crossbar!

The crossbar, my new hero!
Not to mention that he committed one way where every French PK kicker went the other way on him. Ouch!

The crossbar played a big role in this one... whew!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)