World Cup Lounge (6 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
ZhiXin
klose is there because of his goals, his leading topscorer.

i have to say i am surprised gattuso isnt on that list.

ballack and maniche there is total joke, i would even put lahm there instead of those two.

sadly i think they will not choose defenders so zidane will win it, but well i am sure canna prefers to lift wc trophy :D and let zidane have the golden ball as a consolation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Stevie11 said:
Cannavaro deserves it way more than anyone else in that list except for zambrotta maybe. If France beat Italy in the final then i have a feeling they will give it to zidane which would be so wrong. Although if Canna lifts the cup then i think he has it in the bag. On ITV 1 last night there were 4 juve players in the team of he tornament. buffon, canna, zambrotta and kovac.
Kovac? He only played 2 games and they were against a non running and a hapless Ronaldo and Adriano respectively and against Japan. Klose deserves to be there much more than Henry does. Klose has ahd a very good world cup no matter what anyone says. So too has Lahm

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ZhiXin said:
I don't know how Klose is in there, he is once again invisible in big games again.
actually he played well against argentina and scored the equaliser. Miro had a great tournament, always ran his heart out, chasing defenders and midfielders to retrieve the ball and setting up many goals

denco, spot on

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Maresca said:
the nominies for the golden ball of the World cup 2006:

Gianluigi Buffon
Fabio Cannavaro
Gianluca Zambrotta
Andrea Pirlo
Patrick Vieira

Zinedine Zidane
Thiery Henry
Maniche
Michael Ballack
Miroslav Klose

I think that Maniche and Ballack are not that kind...we have 8 candidates.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
mnementh said:
both weren't penalties, one unintentional hand and this time a clear dive.

Unintentional? Ummmm....whatever. It's not like he stared at the ball and stuck out his hand blocking it from entering the goal in overtime or anything. :disagree:

Dive? Yes, he jumped, and made it look much worse than it was, however if you watch the replay he WAS tripped. The guy did take out his leg, which is a penalty, especially seeing as he was free on goal had he not been taken down.

:smoke:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This reminds me of that awesome WC TV commercial in Spanish for some phone service provider.

Two guys are watching a match on the couch, and one is like, "¡Fue penal!" and the other says, "¡No fue penal!" And then they later show one guy getting an SMS while in the movie theater: "¡Fue penal!" And then there's the other guy with his pants around his ankles behind a public bathroom stall when the phone chimes, and he yells, "¡No fue penal!" ...etc. :D

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
mnementh said:
vieri changing clubs ??????? can't be. anyway, it really sux, now he can pass Del Piero's number of Serie A gols (especially if Alex won't play in A :( ).

sorry i didnt think that their was a point in making a new thread for a player not involved with juve...............so here is the story

Christian Vieri is just a signature away from joining Sampdoria after passing a medical with the Serie A outfit.

The Italian striker has been strongly linked with Doria over the past few weeks and he’s now on the verge of completing the deal after cancelling his Monaco contract this week.

Vieri, who underwent knee surgery last month, has successfully come through a medical and has agreed a one-year deal. He now just has to put pen to paper.

Whispers circulating in the peninsula this afternoon suggest that he has accepted a one-year contract worth just £600,000.

“It’s an exciting operation without great operational costs,” stated Sampdoria director general Beppe Marotta, a man who worked with Vieri at Ravenna.

“Bobo, as well as being an extraordinary champion, can help Sampdoria on the field of play and is also an investment for the club’s image.”

Sampdoria owner Riccardo Garrone simply stated: “Marotta has done everything, I await to meet him…”

Vieri is now 33-years-old and returns to the peninsula after an unhappy six-month stay in Ligue 1 with the Principality outfit.

His move to Doria, where his father Roberto also played, is his third switch in a year after he left Inter for Milan last summer.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:
Unintentional? Ummmm....whatever. It's not like he stared at the ball and stuck out his hand blocking it from entering the goal in overtime or anything. :disagree:

Dive? Yes, he jumped, and made it look much worse than it was, however if you watch the replay he WAS tripped. The guy did take out his leg, which is a penalty, especially seeing as he was free on goal had he not been taken down.

:smoke:

you cant be talking about henry because he was just clipped barely, and then the rest was him. He acted as if someone through a t.v at his back. he should of gotten a yellow card for embellishing it.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)