World Cup Lounge (6 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
that was a nice little dive by henry......... not alot of people give him credit for that part of his game. set up the vieria goal when they played spain, when he held his face when puyol hit his chest. and now made it look like he was shot in the back.

marcusa

Dec 21, 2005
Here is a rule I would like to see added by FIFA: If you are "injured" enough to warrant being carried off on the stretcher, you should have to sit out for 10 minutes for treatment. I am tired of players looking like they broke both legs being taken off on a stretcher and then coming back on the field a second later.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
marcusa said:
Here is a rule I would like to see added by FIFA: If you are "injured" enough to warrant being carried off on the stretcher, you should have to sit out for 10 minutes for treatment. I am tired of players looking like they broke both legs being taken off on a stretcher and then coming back on the field a second later.
Oh, I like that. Get up or get out.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
marcusa said:

i heard about this but i heard not as much as 10 minutes but more like 6 minutes after he has been removed from the field.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Saha booked just after coming on as a sub and will miss the final

and that means trezeguet will play against italy atleast as a sub. and he hasnt played much in the tournament, what means his eager to score :scared:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
marcusa said:
we have that here in AFL(australian rules, similar to rugby), if ur strechered off from the field u have to stay 20 mins on the sidelines :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
france played much better and deserved the result. Although henry dived to get the penalty, but portugal werent as hungry to get that goal. FFS they didnt have ppl forward. And anything that they threw, the defense just killed.

i have to say though, Thuram has been playing very well.Impressive there at the back.

its the big one now, france v italy....will the azzuri be the first team get their revenge in those finals on an old rival ?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEH! :lazy:

Boy am I glad that's over. The spirit I raved about is gone again, we struggle as favorites, always. Our offence was better today than last time, but the players are visibly nervous. Ball reception is awful for many of them. Defensively we have few lapses, but that's because the veterans hold the ship together. Mr 120 was immense today, Abidal and Sagnol were both shoddy. Early on Ribery dives for a freekick :lazy: Then Henry does it :lazy: Then we get a penalty from a dive :lazy: :lazy: And we try for a while after that, but before half time we decide not to bother anymore. Did you see how the players were just standing around just before the whistle, not even moving? :lazy: Ronaldo had a penalty appeal in the first half, I didn't see it so well so I'm not sure about it. It probably was nothing, but the only thing between the teams today was that one penalty and so it was most unfair to Portugal. In the second half it was even worse, we didn't try but for brief periods. Ribery was definitely the best and most eager offensive player today. It was as if the whole team was tired. Zidane didn't come forward, he would just stop.

Portugal showed a lot of willingness, but they were thwarted mostly due to our control of the long balls, the crosses. Thuram stood out, but the others contributed heavily to cutting out every pass. This is what burnt them the most, they couldn't get lucky. There was a scare as Barthez fumbled the freekick from Ronaldo, but Figo did us a big favor and headed the ball over the bar.

The referee was quite good, but at times it seemed like we were getting most of the calls. Very restrained with the yellow cards, which I think was alright, the game was well behaved.

To summarize,
BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEH! :lazy:

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
this game was pathetic compaired to italy vs. germany......maybe it was because i was on the edge of my seat for 120 minutes or maybe its because i dont like france or portugal....

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Stephan said:
Saha booked just after coming on as a sub and will miss the final

and that means trezeguet will play against italy atleast as a sub. and he hasnt played much in the tournament, what means his eager to score :scared:
yeah that's terrible. but domench might start with wiltord if you ask me. still, it means trez as a sub which is scary too. i'm really pissed about it. couldn't have zidane got a yellow. also, caravallho got a yellow so i was so hoping portugal will score damn it...

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Morra10 said:
this game was pathetic compaired to italy vs. germany......maybe it was because i was on the edge of my seat for 120 minutes or maybe its because i dont like france or portugal....
it really was pathetic. Portugal doesn't have the skills to be at this level at the end... and france had a poor game which was enough for them.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik-with-a-k said:
Oh, I like that. Get up or get out.
Thing is some things do hurt like hell, but when you're over the initial pain that lasts for 2 minutes or so you're good enough to go on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)