World Cup Lounge (4 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Vinman said:
if its any concilation Tom, I think England got screwed with the Rooney red card

I could understand a yellow, but a straight fucking red ???!!!
Yeah I put that somewhere earlier. The main question mark seemed to be whether it was for the "foul" or the push on Ronaldo afterwards but apparently it was for the so-called stamping incident. Looked pretty inadvertent to me, he was being wrestled to the floor and tried to find his footing. He stood on the guy rather than stamped, imo but there you go thats the luck of the draw. We weren't playing great anyway so I suppose we got what we deserved in a way

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Vinman said:
if its any concilation Tom, I think England got screwed with the Rooney red card

So if I were to plant my football boot straight into your nuts you wouldn't arrest me?

Interesting... :D

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Vinman said:

well it doesnt surprise anymore in this world cup. materazzi got red for what?

the only thing what i think he might have gotten red, was maybe if he said something in front of ref(rooney). we know he does show his angre and frustration sometimes. he might have insulted the player or the ref with some bad words.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Stephan said:
well i am not so much consentrated to that reward as its only one player who gets it for his season. But arent they counting next season start also? or when will they give the award usually? late december/january? during the brake time in the season
the thing is they always give the awards in a WC year 99% based on the world cup only. Like with Ronaldo in 2002. Nothing else matters much, so this is the decisive call. for example, if henry goes around to score a hattrick next match and eventually wins the wc, he'll win the award even if he will suk big time next season and won't score a single goal until the end of the year. Which is why Serie B doesn't matter that much ;) if one that we want will rise now !

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Stephan said:
offtopic, ricardo made a wc record yesterday. It is the first time during a World Cup event, that a goalkeeper manage to stop 3 penalties.
and surprisngly, if portugal makes it to the final, Buffon might lose the spot as the best keeper of the tournament !

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
England England England, its now like a mantra, get to quarter finals by playing poorly, get a player sent off and defend heroically and lose on penalties. It saves face for prior abject displays but we have done nothing to deserve going further in the competition. Rooney stomping on somene's nuts is a red card offence so i dont see what the argument is there. Too many so called big players did not play very well and ironically the player that got the most stick simply cos he does not play in the premiership was our best player. its quite pathetic listening to so called experts almost always over praising a player just because he is in the premiership like Henry , the simplest thing he does, like csore against South Korea or Togo is made to look like he beat 7 players before he scored to the way they are fawining over Ballack just because he is now a premiership player. Venables even said England played well in the first half against Portugal but if it was Italy that put up that performance they will be scathing in theri attacks.
Great to see Zidane put up a virtuoso performance against Brazil and would it not be ironic if he wins world player of the year agin and retires for good.
Is it just me or is Henry just above ordinary when he plays for France?

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
as I said it before! Germany wins! and there was no luck! there was Jens Lehmann!

that was so fvcking awesome for me! just beautiful!

But now I must be against Italy because Germany is my real homecountry!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
yeah? did you heard the news about frings? pathetic fifa. frings didnt get a ban for fighting after arg game. de rossi got 4 match ban. how come so? :tdown:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
yeah? did you heard the news about frings? pathetic fifa. frings didnt get a ban for fighting after arg game. de rossi got 4 match ban. how come so? :tdown:
Simple as that...that's FIFA...you have a good sentence in your sig,about FIFA!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I was impressed with Hargreaves and Crouch agaist Portugal, particularly the former. For what it's worth, I'm glad he scored his penalty to boot. Lampard's pk miss pretty much sums up his whole tournament :tdown:

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
Stephan said:
yeah but frings was just in defence to protect his team-mates!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
England England England, its now like a mantra, get to quarter finals by playing poorly, get a player sent off and defend heroically and lose on penalties. It saves face for prior abject displays but we have done nothing to deserve going further in the competition. Rooney stomping on somene's nuts is a red card offence so i dont see what the argument is there. Too many so called big players did not play very well and ironically the player that got the most stick simply cos he does not play in the premiership was our best player. its quite pathetic listening to so called experts almost always over praising a player just because he is in the premiership like Henry , the simplest thing he does, like csore against South Korea or Togo is made to look like he beat 7 players before he scored to the way they are fawining over Ballack just because he is now a premiership player. Venables even said England played well in the first half against Portugal but if it was Italy that put up that performance they will be scathing in theri attacks.
Great to see Zidane put up a virtuoso performance against Brazil and would it not be ironic if he wins world player of the year agin and retires for good.
Is it just me or is Henry just above ordinary when he plays for France?
r u being sarcastic abt henry ? cuz he didnt impress me at all....last nite was all about zidane

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,077
    sateeh said:
    r u being sarcastic abt henry ? cuz he didnt impress me at all....last nite was all about zidane
    Henry managed to do what he did even with the Brasilians pushing him to the middle of the field. He is a person who does not rely on his team to show presence; he creates his own chances by himself. I think this is what he meant about Henry.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
    gray said:
    I was impressed with Hargreaves and Crouch agaist Portugal, particularly the former. For what it's worth, I'm glad he scored his penalty to boot. Lampard's pk miss pretty much sums up his whole tournament :tdown:
    And to think Lampard is England's penalty-taker and if they'd had one in normal play he'd have taken it and duly missed.

It's beyond me why players so obviously lacking confidence take penalties. Poor decisions from the players and coach but with Eriksson there is nothing new there. A headline I read in the paper; 6 years on, £25m later...sweet FA. :D

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Jeeks said:
    Henry managed to do what he did even with the Brasilians pushing him to the middle of the field. He is a person who does not rely on his team to show presence; he creates his own chances by himself. I think this is what he meant about Henry.
    wat chances ? i didnt see him creating almost anything to himself....i cant understand why domench doesnt just put him on the flank ffs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)