World Cup Lounge (31 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
mnementh said:
You're being too harsh with Nike. They messed up with Brazil but not with Zlatan atleast. :disagree:
Nike was definitely trying to trump Adidas in this WC with Brazil. I bet you they figured that without having WC sponsorship, they would get their logo in the forefront through association with the eventual (and expected) winner. It was a gamble and, IMO, they lost.

And the Zlatan thing was just a disaster for them. :agree:

Of course, the great irony is that Nike can still play the Jogo Bonito card. But I don't think Nike was planning on the one Portuguese-speaking NT in the semi-finals being their sponsored Portugal team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
mnementh said:
oh yes of course :agree:

about the baloon d'or, baggio isn't really a good example. missed penalty yes but you can't do much better than he did in the end..
I knew Brazil will fail also because great stars of the CL always fail in the WC the next year... check and see. So the winner of the CL usually flops , like Massaro who beat ROMARIO in 94 cl final, or roanldinho beating henry in last CL... or spain and co beating Zidane for example in 98 CL.... maybe also a sign ;)

ballon d'or/fifa player of the year candidates IMO :

Deco, if good in semi final
Henry, if good in semi final
----> these two strongest candidates because of CL final I guess.
Toni maybe ??
Any other Italian who will surprise (even Del Piero ? ;) ) in these last two matches
Klose
Ballack
also Zidane... option.

I think that's it. They won't give it to defender (Canna) or keeper I guess.

My bet : unless something amazing from the italians, it will be Henry (damn) with Deco standing a chance too (nicer).
well i am not so much consentrated to that reward as its only one player who gets it for his season. But arent they counting next season start also? or when will they give the award usually? late december/january? during the brake time in the season

by that time, who knows, it might be toni, it might be ballack, it might be klose, it might be deco, henry(got to final after all in CL)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Apparently the camera has caught some of the people involved in a brawl

Bierhoff
Frings
Henize
Maxi Rodriguez
Cufre (he is sent off anyway)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Geof said:
Tonight, the duel between the last two world champions.

Brazil is seeking for revenge. Will France be able to keep up the recent good form?

Personally, I think Brazil will win
shit. I suck at predictions

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i told my friends that supported brazil that this team will not win the world cup, and this world cup will not give the chance for revenge for any team.....argentina couldnt get their revenge on germany same went for brazil and england.

Dec 26, 2004
sateeh said:
i told my friends that supported brazil that this team will not win the world cup, and this world cup will not give the chance for revenge for any team.....argentina couldnt get their revenge on germany same went for brazil and england.

But Italy will won thier revenge with Germany... they won the cup in 90 when played in Italy :eyebrows:

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,030
    But this is a great blog, there are lotd of other funny sections. Cheers Dom :pint:

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Byrone said:
    I Love everything about France except Domenech & ur bashing my for a typo.:pumpkin: Im glad Zidane spoilt ur day Geof:D
    haha. Oh I have absolutely nothing against Zidane. He's a marvelous player and a great person. Only a fool could neglect that.

The thing is, I have 60 million French people living in the neighbour country. I watch their Tv's, listen to their radios, read their newspapers and magazines, and God, they can be soo annoying when they win.

Sorry for being a bit harsh on the typo :p

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,034
    Geof said:
    haha. Oh I have absolutely nothing against Zidane. He's a marvelous player and a great person. Only a fool could neglect that.

The thing is, I have 60 million French people living in the neighbour country. I watch their Tv's, listen to their radios, read their newspapers and magazines, and God, they can be soo annoying when they win.

Be proud that these same people think that Jacque Brel was the greatest to sing with their language.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Geof said:

Its all good Geof,i lived in France for a long time so excuse me if i come off sounding biased.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    we thought that brazil will have revenge on 98, but france won. if italy and france play the final, its going to be france again, they have beaten italy in 98 and 00. i cant stant another lost :cry: so germany better get to final :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)