World Cup Lounge (8 Viewers)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
I was in Koln the other week for France - Togo and saw some kid that looked like you. He was sitting on some stairs with a bunch of guys drinking beer.

Oh, and I was very scared to find a street by the fanfest named "Judengasse" :scared:
My friend was at that game too. Do you happen to remember where this was? Nearest Tramstop?

I was at ' Melaten ' that night... its a stop on the no.1 line that leads to the stadium.

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Dan said:
My friend was at that game too. Do you happen to remember where this was? Nearest Tramstop?

I was at ' Melaten ' that night... its a stop on the no.1 line that leads to the stadium.

Sorry I never used the public transport there, but the place where I saw the kid was less than 300 metres from the "Dom" (cathedral's name, isnt it?)

In terms of spending time in the city, I was only there for a few hours, so I just hung around the main area by the cathedral and that shopping section.

I'm not religious at all, but cathedrals never cease to amaze me :shocked:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
Sorry I never used the public transport there, but the place where I saw the kid was less than 300 metres from the "Dom" (cathedral's name, isnt it?)

In terms of spending time in the city, I was only there for a few hours, so I just hung around the main area by the cathedral and that shopping section.

I'm not religious at all, but cathedrals never cease to amaze me :shocked:
Yeah, its pretty awesome.

Let's see... I was.. at home all day apart from the evening. Wasn't me. Shame, if you would of contacted me earlier would could of organised a rendevouz

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Dan said:
Yeah, its pretty awesome.

Let's see... I was.. at home all day apart from the evening. Wasn't me. Shame, if you would of contacted me earlier would could of organised a rendevouz

Ha it's alright, I didn't do much there. Just had some beers and took pictures of Judengasse.

I had to leave though, as that was my last day in Germany. Maybe next time.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
@ Judengasse- lol, I can see the reference there, but gasse means like road or path- lane is probably the right word.

So yes, ' Jews Lane '

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I am really sorry that spain are out, the were one of the few teams that made me enjoying watching the games..
and I would give Henry very good notes as an actor.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Maresca said:
I am really sorry that spain are out, the were one of the few teams that made me enjoying watching the games..
and I would give Henry very good notes as an actor.
Auf Englisch, sagen wir Grades, nicht notes.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Dan said:
@ Judengasse- lol, I can see the reference there, but gasse means like road or path- lane is probably the right word.

So yes, ' Jews Lane '

Yea I know, but when you read it in english, it doesn't sound so nice :D

Especially since I bought this a day earlier in Berlin....

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
We stopped in Hannover the night before, just for dinner and a rest from driving (drove over 3000 km in 2 weeks), and this guy in an internet cafe helped us get directions and a hotel reservation in Koln. We thanked him for his generousity, and he replied,

"I like to help people, I hope they will help me if I go abroad one day. Now, when you go home, you can tell everyone it is not how they say, the Germans are a nice people"

</German Accent>

:rofl: :lol2:

Dan

Back &amp; Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
We stopped in Hannover the night before, just for dinner and a rest from driving (drove over 3000 km in 2 weeks), and this guy in an internet cafe helped us get directions and a hotel reservation in Koln. We thanked him for his generousity, and he replied,

"I like to help people, I hope they will help me if I go abroad one day. Now, when you go home, you can tell everyone it is not how they say, the Germans are a nice people"

</German Accent>

:rofl: :lol2:
I love them. Just trying to be good hosts.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Dan said:
By the way, how did you get ahold of those ticks?
Through the standard fifa site. Trust me, you can still get them for quarters/semi's. We would've stayed and tried to get more, but my dad had to come home (business thing).

We applied in all the original ticket rounds, and got nothing, but then 1 week before the start of the tournament, we both sat on the computer all day for 3 days, and got tickets to 4 separate games. For Czech - USA we got to sit 2nd row :cool:

If you want info on how to get the tickets, just PM me and ill let you know all about it

Dan

Back &amp; Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
Through the standard fifa site. Trust me, you can still get them for quarters/semi's. We would've stayed and tried to get more, but my dad had to come home (business thing).

We applied in all the original ticket rounds, and got nothing, but then 1 week before the start of the tournament, we both sat on the computer all day for 3 days, and got tickets to 4 separate games. For Czech - USA we got to sit 2nd row :cool:

If you want info on how to get the tickets, just PM me and ill let you know all about it
Well, fuck me im a poor sod :(

feel very lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)