World Cup Lounge (6 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
82' Spain with the ball, Cesc now, to Ramos, the Joaquin but he's robbed and it's slid through to Henry who runs into Puyol and dives onto the ground and somehow, God only knows how, wins a free-kick. Puyol is booked. That's rich from the man who called Barcelona "women" for diving.
:D

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Byrone said:
Erik would beg to differ,he'd prefer it if u mentioned Portugal instead.:D

They should fans across africa again & ppl are behind France after Ghana got knocked out.Well done France & decent refereeing for a change.:)
I don't think Portugal has been in the same league as Spain though, hasn't Spain always been the better team?

Geof

May 14, 2004
Spain are great technical artist. But God, do these guys have physical training? you know fitness, musculating and all...
They're weak as anything. They absolutely can't keep up when France started to play good football.

Good match by Ribery, and I thought Joaquin did a few good things when he entered. Two players I admire

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
lol All time during the day, I was like: "I'm gonna watch this game as a neutral fan, I dun care, as long as one of them beats Brazil", but just before the game I thought to myself: "How can I not cheer for the team which has so mush Bianconero in the blood (Patty, Thuram, Treze, Zizou)"

Congrats, Brazil are next :)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Henry is a joke , he has the most offsides in the competition ffs... and the coach still insists on putting him upfront by himself.

France were just a class above the poor spaniards.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Very good game, best of the knockout phase so far, and France deserved it on the whole I think. Well refereed too though that shouldn't really be a talking point, well apart from the freekick for France's second. Not sure about that one. Having said that if the Spanish are going to defend like that (for all 3 goals) then you can't really sympathise. Not sure what Casillas was playing at diving before Zidane hit it either.

Still a good game and a mouthwatering quarter final. For the first, last and only time in my life I will say "allez les bleus"

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Tom said:
Keep the faith dannyboy, this world cup is ours to lose.
I do, evidently

But unless we are saving our best till last, were going out against portugal.

It is stupid that Sven is leaving directly after the cup. Why? It puts a bad air around the team. They know this guy isnt gonna be there boss soon. It also doesnt put any pressure on sven to perform.

Also, I think appoiting Mclaren as manager is stupid. Hes been the assistant there for some time, you would think its time for a real change, not throw svens right hand man in there.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Jeeks said:
Paul does not agree with that.
It's far more aestectically pleasing to the eye in my opinion, and it represents Unity between countries rather than solidarity. Not that I dislike the England flag, I would just rather don the Union Jack.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Tom said:
Very good game, best of the knockout phase so far, and France deserved it on the whole I think. Well refereed too though that shouldn't really be a talking point, well apart from the freekick for France's second. Not sure about that one. Having said that if the Spanish are going to defend like that (for all 3 goals) then you can't really sympathise. Not sure what Casillas was playing at diving before Zidane hit it either.

Still a good game and a mouthwatering quarter final. For the first, last and only time in my life I will say "allez les bleus"
you would rather play brazil than france in the semi's if u beat portugal?

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Dan said:
I do, evidently

But unless we are saving our best till last, were going out against portugal.

It is stupid that Sven is leaving directly after the cup. Why? It puts a bad air around the team. They know this guy isnt gonna be there boss soon. It also doesnt put any pressure on sven to perform.

Also, I think appoiting Mclaren as manager is stupid. Hes been the assistant there for some time, you would think its time for a real change, not throw svens right hand man in there.

I was in Koln the other week for France - Togo and saw some kid that looked like you. He was sitting on some stairs with a bunch of guys drinking beer.

Oh, and I was very scared to find a street by the fanfest named "Judengasse" :scared:

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,480
    How disturbing!! They just showed a compilation on Ronaldo's fifteen goals in the World Cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)