World Cup Lounge (4 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,743
    I don't know if Ghana can stand up for Brasil :( I guess my funky reggae party will end soon. Before watching Brasil's game tonight, I would have thought that the lions might have had a chance.

Hiddink vs. Italy again, interesting but this time the referees are not helping South Korea ;)

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    if brazil continue with fatty up front then they are gonna go out against better opposition. the argie's have a tight dfense and no way will he get through them

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Bozi.78 said:
    if brazil continue with fatty up front then they are gonna go out against better opposition. the argie's have a tight dfense and no way will he get through them

i totally agree with that bozi. ronaldo wont even get to touch the ball against the defense of the argie's

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    just came back from the celebrations here, its freaking crazy....

congrats to the socceroos but it was sheer stupidity from the croatians and their coach, they lost the game australia didnt win it(or draw it )

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Jeeks said:
    I don't know if Ghana can stand up for Brasil :( I guess my funky reggae party will end soon. Before watching Brasil's game tonight, I would have thought that the lions might have had a chance.

Hiddink vs. Italy again, interesting but this time the referees are not helping South Korea ;)

it will be interesting because brazil seems to be finding their game at a good time. but ghana isnt out of it. it will be close with guys like appiah and essien stroming at brazil they can get caught off guard. In order to win ghana need to make every opportunity count, and use the wings because even thought r. carlos and cafu are experienced they can get caught out of position because they make so many runs forward. The counter attack has gotta be their focus and good luck to them. and lets be honest brazil has a great team but i think their weak point is their defence.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    what the hell is wrong with european refs??
    graham poll, one of the best refs in europe was so crap in the game aus-cro.

He missed 2 penalties for australia, and not for the funny part, he gave simunic 3 yellow cards as he did not gave him the red card for the second yellow..!!

I f Australia have gone out then Hiddenk would have killed himself, it was the most stupid decision from him to field Kalac and not schwarzer as a goalie.. I hope Kalac will play against italy :D

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    ReBeL said:
    How stupid to put an English referee for a match including Australia??:disagree:

3 red cards for Croatia and 2 offside goals for Australia...
    Man you're tottaly wrong... If there is anyone to complain then it should be australia, they've got only one penalty from three, and Simunic got 3 yellow card (believe or not) and finally he got red... Even Croatian media is saying that Croatia had refferee support all the time (even you're right that second Australia goal was from offside). Grahm Poll is now officially worst refferee of the WC, i really really never saw such a bad reffereeing in my life...

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Bozi.78 said:
    well, 'fattie' seems back on track.

Of course it was "only" australia, but you've got to admit that the guy can handle critics...
    He might not be 'el fenomeno' anymore, but Ronaldo is still a top world class striker. He evened Gerd Müller's record of 14 world cups goals, and I see him breaking the record before the 9th of July.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,757
    Geof said:

Of course it was "only" australia, but you've got to admit that the guy can handle critics...
    He might not be 'el fenomeno' anymore, but Ronaldo is still a top world class striker. He evened Gerd Müller's record of 14 world cups goals, and I see him breaking the record before the 9th of July.
    It was "only" Japan though :p

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Geof said:

well, he scored two goals but fell over the ball and gave it away so often.
    if totti was a shadoww of his former self then ronaldo was an embarassment to his former self, yes he scored two goals but he has not got enough time to get his game back and aginst a well drilled defence he will get nothing

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    goggo said:
    (even you're right that second Australia goal was from offside).
    It wasn't offside. If you watch the replay very carefull you'll see that John Aloisi gets a crucial touch to the ball before it drops to Harry Kewell, who had drifted back onside at the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)