World Cup Lounge (2 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Rami said:
Ya I guess we are, but trust me the Saudi's problem was never money, but human resources in planning and management:(

to be honest rami thats not the only problem, i think these r the major problems:

- first of all the amount of influence and pressure made my the leading clubs in saudi such as : hilal, shabab, al-nasr, and ithad who also happen to be owned by memebrs of the royal family is just massive and they force it on the coach no matter what his opinion is.

- ok they had a good team that made it thru the qualifiers but no one toke the chance to treat them psycologically from the heavy defeat they hadin 2002 and instead of seeing exactly what went wrong the saudi soccer federation carried out there tradition of firing the coach and bringing in a saudi coach instead of him and with all respect the saudi coach may be good on the tactical side but when it comes to preparing the team psycologically he doesnt have much options infront of him.

- the continous critising of the team by the press is just unbearable u here loads of crap most of which is just harsh for the players and just adds on more wieghts on there shoulders besides removing the scar left from 2002.

- the squad if u have'nt noticed is a young squad and since they r always put in comparison with the 94 squad a lot is expected from them and there ability is not even appreciated.

- as jeeks said i totally agree with the soccer schools bit he mentioned, i know saudi arabia is not like for exampe eygpt, which happens to have two world class academies and the eygptain soccer federation does'nt even consider taking those talents and givcing them a chance in the national sides whether its the first team or the youth team and the reason once again is the influence of the big clubs on teh federation. here we have an ac-milan academy, and an arsenal academy but they are'nt able to prove there piont bec unfortunelty in the middle east we r sooooooo traditional we hate trying new methods and techniques. hopefully the example of aspire in qatar, which has already started the aspire academy will def produce world class players of all nationalities.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
juve_ruler said:
to be honest rami thats not the only problem, i think these r the major problems:

- first of all the amount of influence and pressure made my the leading clubs in saudi such as : hilal, shabab, al-nasr, and ithad who also happen to be owned by memebrs of the royal family is just massive and they force it on the coach no matter what his opinion is.

- ok they had a good team that made it thru the qualifiers but no one toke the chance to treat them psycologically from the heavy defeat they hadin 2002 and instead of seeing exactly what went wrong the saudi soccer federation carried out there tradition of firing the coach and bringing in a saudi coach instead of him and with all respect the saudi coach may be good on the tactical side but when it comes to preparing the team psycologically he doesnt have much options infront of him.

- the continous critising of the team by the press is just unbearable u here loads of crap most of which is just harsh for the players and just adds on more wieghts on there shoulders besides removing the scar left from 2002.

- the squad if u have'nt noticed is a young squad and since they r always put in comparison with the 94 squad a lot is expected from them and there ability is not even appreciated.

- as jeeks said i totally agree with the soccer schools bit he mentioned, i know saudi arabia is not like for exampe eygpt, which happens to have two world class academies and the eygptain soccer federation does'nt even consider taking those talents and givcing them a chance in the national sides whether its the first team or the youth team and the reason once again is the influence of the big clubs on teh federation. here we have an ac-milan academy, and an arsenal academy but they are'nt able to prove there piont bec unfortunelty in the middle east we r sooooooo traditional we hate trying new methods and techniques. hopefully the example of aspire in qatar, which has already started the aspire academy will def produce world class players of all nationalities.
I could write a thesis about the problems of football in Saudi Arabia, but I am sure most of you guys don't give a shit.

Point 2: Our coach currently is not a Saudi coach. But yes we have a habit of changing coaches and blaming them for our failures. We fired Carlos Alberto in the middle of our 98 campaign and blamed him, only for him to win the World Cup 4 years later:D. I really don't know when our FA will realize that the problem is not the coach :rolleyes:

Point 3: No you are wrong the squad is not young, actually the averages increased since 94. Tuker, Husain AbdulGhani, Al-Timyat, Noor, Dokhi, Al-Khathran who are all more or less starters featured in 2002.

Point 4: Yes we don't have any academies, or at least I am not aware of any, except for the club youth academies, which is like going in circles since we have been critisizing clubs all along. But IMO the main problem is the culture, the whole sport is looked down upon. Well not the sport per se but the local sport environment is looked down upon.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
rami what the fuck was your coach doing with that bloddy tactics board during the game? he was not even looking at the action on the pitch but just kept on moving them around constantly,rather bizzare

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Bozi.78 said:
rami what the fuck was your coach doing with that bloddy tactics board during the game? he was not even looking at the action on the pitch but just kept on moving them around constantly,rather bizzare
I don't know what the hell he was doing actually, but in all honesty I don't blame Paqueta.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Rami said:
I don't know what the hell he was doing actually, but in all honesty I don't blame Paqueta.
he was probably trying to figure out which banks to put his large severence payement in when he inevitably gets fired:money: :money: :money:

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
about the Brazilians, they actually have an extremely good youth system, and the idea of their top talents coming up from the streets and beaches is a myth. talented young players are put in academies right away in fact. the reason that they end up so good is because they spend much more time in training at those academies than they would in europe. I forget the actual numbers, but the brazilians train significantly more than their european countrparts, and that is the reason for their success

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
HWIENIAWSKI said:
about the Brazilians, they actually have an extremely good youth system, and the idea of their top talents coming up from the streets and beaches is a myth. talented young players are put in academies right away in fact. the reason that they end up so good is because they spend much more time in training at those academies than they would in europe. I forget the actual numbers, but the brazilians train significantly more than their european countrparts, and that is the reason for their success
you are spot on actually i was watching football mondial and they profiled sao paolo and their youth academy. parents from all over the world pay to send their kids to camps their and their youth system is absolutely superb and is echoed throughout brazil. howver they are correct that the philosolhy in brazil is that football is life and all kids are encouraged to play

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
What is happenning in Saudi Football is really sad.
We had more than 2 months of prearation for the world cup, we played many friendlies in witch we lost them all except against Togo where we won 1-0. The deffense looked terrible since day one, and no-one from the management thought about trying different players in CB position.
We've got talent. BUT we lack professionalism. We lack sporting mentality.. And this is why coaches from europe do not take saudi players into consideration in the transfer market.
We also have one of the worst distructive press ever. Its not that they put the team down.. No not at all. They make them feel that they are better and the following game is easy. After the first round against Tunisia and after Ukraine have lost 0-4 the press were giving out press-releases where the management of the NT are talking about qualifying to the 1/4 final. They were more concerned about the Spanish game than on the Ukraine game.. Ofcourse this all cause the players to go in with the wrong mentality.
This is not the only reason, but just one of many..

The clubs lately have been doing fine, Al Itihad for an example has been lately working more and more towards being a better professional clubs. Alshabab is following (these are the only two which are not owned by the royal family I guess).
Sami al Jabir, Mohammed AlDiaeia ..etc were all good players once. They have became names every single saudi knows. BUT they are old, they have passed it. There are other players who need to take their chances. How come the national team does not have a single player for the Saudi league winner team, Alshabab? Why get a player who can barely feature in 15 min max in good healthy and leave good players from e.g. alshabab?

As Rami said, if we started to talk about Saudi Football problems we will not finish.

Just to note something, Klose got the best striker in 2002, do you think Torres will get this one? He already has 3 goals and he is yet to meat our shaky deffense :(

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
We're playing like shit. Wost 30 minutes we've played sofar, i'm not surprised though. The last 45 minutes of the Paraguay match when Zlatan wasn't playing we also played like shit. It's clear without Zlatan as a target man our attackers aren't getting any balls through, they haven't even had a chance yet.

ohh shitt 1-0 England.. There you go. I hope Zlatan comes on for the second half.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,620
    Sweden's biggest problem is the right side. So far all managers have noticed that Sweden lack a defender on the right and used this advantage. Joe Cole looked like Maradona tonight and managed to score a screamer.

Well done Svennis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)