World Cup Lounge (8 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Rami said:
Got a chance to try Kabsa yet?
Didn't do it against Tunisia (too bad, it was a good match), but maybe Monday against Ukraine. ;)

Sorry I am rooting for Iran :p
No sweat. I have a Persian friend of mine coming over in a couple of hours to catch the Italy-USA match at my house and make a little Persian food. She'd have been here to watch the match, but alas -- kickoff was 6am left coast time.

Deco proved why he is so crucial to this team. Nice goal -- but I have to agree, this ball just takes off. In fact, I wouldn't doubt if the ping on the ball could be contributing to fewer closer-range goals. In any case, the ball could be a factor this WC in favoring teams with a good deep game: the Czechs, Italy, etc.

Iran put in a OK effort (keeping it close for so long) -- considering the difference in expectations. Opportunistic in their few chances, but they really needed more possession and control. That they didn't get their first corner until 92' said a lot, though.

And what a mental mess for Mexico. On the one hand, pulling for Iran, they'd have a better chance of winning the group and avoiding probably Argentina -- whom noone wants to face. On the other hand, Portugal's win automatically qualified them for the round of 16.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Geof said:
Nice goal by Deco. It amazes me how much long distance goals there are in this WC. The keepers complained about the ball, well I guess they're right.

But then again, long distance goals are so sweet...
before playing football last night i had a wee kick around with one of the new balls and they really do fly. they seem a bit lighter than the current nike balls and i imagine they must be a nightmare for goalie's

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Seven said:
Well it was, wasn't it? I was watching the game in an Irish pub with, apart from me, only England fans. They all agreed it was a foul.
I don't know mate, as I said, as soon as it went in beer went all over the [place and there was mass hugging, singing etc. Nobody really knew or cared :pint: :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
papers today have a picture of crouchy with a handfull of dreds in his hands. ffs sancho played for dundee, he is worse than my 6 year old niece and he has to foul him to score?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Bozi.78 said:
papers today have a picture of crouchy with a handfull of dreds in his hands. ffs sancho played for dundee, he is worse than my 6 year old niece and he has to foul him to score?
Crouch plays as ugly as he looks... enuf said. ;)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
swag said:
:greed:

Nicely done.

More midfield domination by Portugal, more lack of finishing. :p

At least with Deco they're getting a few more quality chances.
Cheers. :p Won another tenner because Pauleta didn't score. If this keeps up I might make it a fulltime job ;)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
ghana is having a great game, the czechs are no where near how they were looking against the us. they r a bit shaky at the back and there mid field os not 100%. hope they could pull back there superb form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)