World Cup Lounge (11 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Rami said:
Yet it wasn't going too far by awarding spain a penalty and a red card for the Ukranian for that phantom penalty:p

Unluckily for your hypothesis, it still doesn't hold with Sweden-TT match, in which you have so cleverly and conveniently doged ever since we started this discourse;)
That's because I don't recall that incident. I saw the entire game but I don't remember an incident where the ref could have awarded a penalty.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Seven said:
Well it was, wasn't it? I was watching the game in an Irish pub with, apart from me, only England fans. They all agreed it was a foul.
its was noooooooooo where near a foul what sooooo ever. crouch did not lean on him he jumped to hea din the ball and the defender was right infornt of him offcourse crouch would be on top of him cause of crouches hight, not even close seven.

i still cant belive some people think the games are pre determined by refrees, this is'nt the italian league or any other corrupt competition this is the world cup where the fifa sets the highest standards to make sure things dont go crazy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
juve_ruler said:
its was noooooooooo where near a foul what sooooo ever. crouch did not lean on him he jumped to hea din the ball and the defender was right infornt of him offcourse crouch would be on top of him cause of crouches hight, not even close seven.

i still cant belive some people think the games are pre determined by refrees, this is'nt the italian league or any other corrupt competition this is the world cup where the fifa sets the highest standards to make sure things dont go crazy.
Learn the rules before you talk to me.

You're making it very hard for me not to insult you with that highlighted sentence. Where exactly have you been the last 10 years? Oh yeah, Blatter is doing everything he can to ensure the game is being played fair. That's why he and FIFA decided to forbid methods which would ALWAYS be correct on issues such as offside WITHIN 1 SECOND. He wants to keep football "human". No fuck that shit, he just wants to be able to mess with it. Why do you think that new offside rule was installed? Because that way you can fuck things up.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Marty said:
Yay I just won 10 bucks. :p No goal in Portugal-Iran in the first 30 minutes.
:greed:

Nicely done.

More midfield domination by Portugal, more lack of finishing. :p

At least with Deco they're getting a few more quality chances.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
swag said:
:greed:

Nicely done.

More midfield domination by Portugal, more lack of finishing. :p

At least with Deco they're getting a few more quality chances.
Got a chance to try Kabsa yet?

Sorry I am rooting for Iran :p

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
is it just me or during the argentina match, every time they mentioned the argentina goalie Abbondanzieri, why did i picture a big smiling moustached fellow?

please discuss

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Rami said:
Well Spain has "done it"....whats the difference;)??
That they didn't get away with it as I'm sure most would agree that was some of the most atrocious refereeing in a world cup game ever.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Bozi.78 said:
is it just me or during the argentina match, every time they mentioned the argentina goalie Abbondanzieri, why did i picture a big smiling moustached fellow?

please discuss
You are probably referring to "Samir Ghanim" the Egyptian actor, who our very own Abu had as an avatar for quite some time.;)

I noticed the similarity between the two names 3 or 4 month ago and it stuck since then.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
it was not really funny as i was trying not to snigger at the name,so the woman was asking what was funny but she would have just thought i was mental if i explained

Geof

May 14, 2004
Nice goal by Deco. It amazes me how much long distance goals there are in this WC. The keepers complained about the ball, well I guess they're right.

But then again, long distance goals are so sweet...

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Seven said:
That they didn't get away with it as I'm sure most would agree that was some of the most atrocious refereeing in a world cup game ever.
Simply as that! atrocious refereeing, but not a rigged World Cup (so far).

Anyways both of us seem to have their own opinion and wouldn't cave in....so happy World Cup:toast:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
iran did'nt deserve even a draw against portugal, they were terrible the exact same way they where against mexico. a well deserved victory for portugal. christiano ronaldo is superb a bit unlucky not score alot of goals. as for deco thats was a superb shot!.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)