World Cup Lounge (9 Viewers)

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Well deserved win. I'm really suprised about how well and constantly"our" team put pressure on the polish team. After many mistakes in the defence last game the strikers could have done better this time though. But my god, a offensive and constantly attacking GERMAN(!) team. First time ever-

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Giovantti: True...to bad for Poland...anyhow Germany will play in the 1/8fin...

I would like them to "fight" with England,but that wont happen,they'll almost sure play against another team from the group B,and if they gonna play against Sweden, Ibrahimovic will svck again and Sweden will not be able to score...damn!!!!
i dont thinks gio i think if sweden straighten up and start playing the way we r used to them playing i think they could upset the germans. the germans seem to be very convincing this time alot more compared to there first game. i just saw the highlights i also think poland were just unlucky. i dont want england to play germany i think england will carry on thru the second stage specially with rooney getting in. we will just have to see how they play tomorrow ( hope they r'nt as terrible as they were against paraguay)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i've just seen the highlights for the saudia arabia vs tunisia game, i think it was a good game saudia arabia played much much better the second half and its a shame they conceded a goal at the closing mins of the game. i think the group qualifiers have'bnt been set just yet apart from spain the second position is up fr graps between ukraine, tunisia, and ksa.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
juve_ruler said:
i've just seen the highlights for the saudia arabia vs tunisia game, i think it was a good game.

Watch the whole game. The first 80 minutes were awful at times. I have some family roots in tunisia. But to be honest, when both teams continue to play that way they have no business in a world cup. I know at least Tunisia can better as they showed at the confed cup. But today both teams were bad.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
JuveGER said:
Watch the whole game. The first 80 minutes were awful at times. I have some family roots in tunisia. But to be honest, when both teams continue to play that way they have no business in a world cup. I know at least Tunisia can better as they showed at the confed cup. But today both teams were bad.

if it was a bad game the main reason would be the sensitivity surrounding the game dont forget this is a derby like game between two arab teams, and a derby between african soccer and asian soccer thats why it was abit closed and some how a bit boring as both of them did'nt want to concede goals. u cant imagine how much hope the middle east has in both teams to reach the second round. ever since ukrain elost and every one thinks that either tunisia or saudia are in the next round i think its still ukraine i am sure they will show there real ability in there second game against saudi arabia and there third game against tunisa

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Tunisia shaded the 1st half, but the second half the Saudis did a very good job of taking the game to Tunisia. Al Jaber had a great return to the field, and it must have been heart-breaking to concede like that at the end. I think I draw was a pretty fair result overall however. the Ukraine must be relieved....also saw the spain-ukraine match, and while spain was lucky in general, they played very pleasing soccer, although the penalty was bs imo. ukraine was dissapointing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to advance anyway-neither tunisia or saudi arabia looked too threatening.

as much as I wanted Poland to get a point, they played hard, but germany had more class, and in the end germany was just pounding away at the polish goal.

btw, I highly recommend TVU player if you can't catch the matches on TV. I saw england on TV, but since then I have seen france, italy, germany, spain, tunisia, etc all over the internet. that said, if anyone has a better way to watch, I'd love to know :D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
HWIENIAWSKI said:
Tunisia shaded the 1st half, but the second half the Saudis did a very good job of taking the game to Tunisia. Al Jaber had a great return to the field, and it must have been heart-breaking to concede like that at the end. I think I draw was a pretty fair result overall however. the Ukraine must be relieved....also saw the spain-ukraine match, and while spain was lucky in general, they played very pleasing soccer, although the penalty was bs imo. ukraine was dissapointing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to advance anyway-neither tunisia or saudi arabia looked too threatening.

as much as I wanted Poland to get a point, they played hard, but germany had more class, and in the end germany was just pounding away at the polish goal.

btw, I highly recommend TVU player if you can't catch the matches on TV. I saw england on TV, but since then I have seen france, italy, germany, spain, tunisia, etc all over the internet. that said, if anyone has a better way to watch, I'd love to know :D

ok do u have hotbird???? if yes then u can watch the games on slov -2 ( shows games on two day basis for exampe they show all three games on sat on sunday u get no games and then omnday u get games and on tuesday no games and wednesday u get to see games and so on)

if that is'nt convinent there is a channel called polsat sports they show all the games live

if u dont have access to hotbird try astra there r tonnes of turkish channels that show the games for free.

hope this is of any help as i undewrstand how u feel, over here we have to pay for ART and te subscription is a bit over priced so i have to live with slov 2 as its all i can get.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
tahir, evrygame ive been to theyve played campioni, and hips dont lie by shakira, there's another one i dont remember the name of as well, i think its brazilian. misirlou came on a few times as well

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
no, I don't have sat. or cable.....when the weather is good I get ABC (us channel) with the antenna, and that's it. TVU is like PPlive, but it works better, but has fewer channels. but with ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2, the WC is covered! the quality is nothing to write home about though...but thanks for the help!! hope you get to watch the matches you want to!

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
tahir, evrygame ive been to theyve played campioni, and hips dont lie by shakira, there's another one i dont remember the name of as well, i think its brazilian. misirlou came on a few times as well
It's not any of those. It sounds like an old song. I don't really know how to describe because I can't make out any of the words. It's one persons voice, but it soundsl like the entire stadium is singing it. I've heard in other games, but I heard it today in the Spain match, right as the players were walking off the pitch.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Rami said:
Thanx man, I am still in shock:(
It happens my friend. I know how It feels to concede a late goal specially that 3points would have helped Saudi alot. That said, that, I still think Saudi are able to shock the Ukranians...hopefully they will. Nothing is over yet.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
it will be interesting to see how the Ukraine responds....if they can get the ball to Sheva, there is no way they wont score against the defences of Tunisia and Saudi Arabia

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
interesting......asides from the USA, I would like Italy to win, so I wouldn't complain if the swiss prediction was correct!

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
juve_ruler said:
i dont thinks gio i think if sweden straighten up and start playing the way we r used to them playing i think they could upset the germans. the germans seem to be very convincing this time alot more compared to there first game. i just saw the highlights i also think poland were just unlucky. i dont want england to play germany i think england will carry on thru the second stage specially with rooney getting in. we will just have to see how they play tomorrow ( hope they r'nt as terrible as they were against paraguay)
But,Ahmed,Sweden didn't manage to win last 7 games...last game they played against 10man T&T,they were without any idea,and Ibrahimovic missed a lot of chances,despite Hislop had some great saves.I can't see them thru,and not to mention that some of the players had a fight at training.
If they manage to go thru,I think they will have no chance against the hosts.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
you just know that zlatan will put in a siperb performance against the biggest team in the group (england) and convince everyone in that country that he is a superstar in the making, triggering a massive scramble for his signature......well we can dream cant we??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)