World Cup Lounge (6 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Bozi.78 said:
never a penalty, never in a million years
Another mistake by the referees!

Here are the nominations so far:

1-France-Switzerland(despite I'm happy about that,the referee didn't give a pk for France)

2-Spain(the referee gave them a never existing pk,and a red card for Ukraine)

3-Germany-Costa Rica(Wanchope's goal was offside)..........

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
That's what I thought as well. Torres went down so easily and the referee gave the defender a straight red for his stumble a while after his shorts are pulled

Geof

May 14, 2004
Spain's collective game was impressive. Just wtach the movement for the Torres goal. Most beautiful collective goal so far IMO.

Spain has been raising a generation of incredible passers, Xabi, Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Albelda,... impressive.

Add to that a solid defense. Pablo, Ramos and Puyol were all very impressive; and a neat attack (Villa, Torres, Raul, Reyes ...) and you got yourself a nice team.

The only problem is that they are Spanish, and spaniards always choke at some point in a World cup.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Geof said:
Spain's collective game was impressive. Just wtach the movement for the Torres goal. Most beautiful collective goal so far IMO.

Spain has been raising a generation of incredible passers, Xabi, Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Albelda,... impressive.

Add to that a solid defense. Pablo, Ramos and Puyol were all very impressive; and a neat attack (Villa, Torres, Raul, Reyes ...) and you got yourself a nice team.

The only problem is that they are Spanish, and spaniards always choke at some point in a World cup.
:lol:

Good description,Geof.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
ZhiXin said:
That's what I thought as well. Torres went down so easily and the referee gave the defender a straight red for his stumble a while after his shorts are pulled
That tug on Torres' shorts was outside the box too.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
The only team i feared was Brazil, but looking back now on the tournament as a whole makes me think 'Why cant Italy win it? Spain did well but are the ukraines used to this heat? I wanna see us do the czechs then we'll start to talk.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i know that from a juventus fan this mind sound ironic but the referee was pathetic. that was never a red card. it was nothing almoust, maybe there was a little contact, ok give them penalty, but fgs red card for this? he wasnt even injured.

And other thing, what was with those offsides? ukraine strikers had chanses to attack and flagman just raised his flag over and over again.

Worst refereed game so far.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Although spain looked pretty good and might go very very far this time. maybe even Czechs-Spain final this time.

The midfield and attack worked well together and they have great backups for players. They where a bit lucky with that freekick but overall they just where better, more expierenced, more class, more good players. Ukraine was missing something in the midfield and their defens was weak.

I have to say i am surprised how ukraine was the first european country to qualify, with a defens like that. Their group was not easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)