World Cup Lounge (11 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Well, the only real super team we ve seen so far was Argentina,
they had the toughest foe and they did better than the rest,
England+Holland scored some lucky goals based on the oposition mistakes and they were lucky not to be equalised by the end of the game,
soon or later they will pay this lack of performance,
Germany wont face any serius enemy untill the finals...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Cronios said:
Well, the only real super team we ve seen so far was Argentina,
they had the toughest foe and they did better than the rest,
England+Holland scored some lucky goals based on the oposition mistakes and they were lucky not to be equalised by the end of the game,
soon or later they will pay this lack of performance,
Germany wont face any serius enemy untill the finals...
I totally agree!!!

I am preparing for tomorrow's game (Azzurri) and I hope that we'll win it...

...Totally objective I think that Holland were very lucky this time....but the big match for them is coming when they face Ivory Coast which,TBH,can beat them very easily!

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
goggo said:
Maaan ex-Yugoslavia were nation to watch for... And just try to imagine how powerful Yougasliva could be nowdays if they stayed united. I think only Brazilians could beat us... :D
TBH,that Yugoslavian team from the '90 was one of the best I saw....too bad they didn't take a part in any major competition.

Stojkovic,Mijatovic,Savicevic,Sabanadzovic,Safet Susic,Davor Jozic,Prosinecki,Pancev,Boban,Jarni,Asanovic,Suker,Boksic,Jugovic.....what a team that would be!!!!!

And the league was very strong than so the production of the players was very impressive.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mexico always fares pretty well in the group stages. Good effort by Iran, though. I still give them a halfway decent chance against Portugal -- particularly if Portugal can handle Angola without too much trouble today. (A bit of overconfidence, basically.)

And yeah -- Robben was hot. Blisteringly hot. So hot, Van Basten had to give himself a sponge bath on the bench.

Earlier this week I was watching a PBS special on string theory, and they were showing all these graphics about Einstein's general relativity and how space and time warped around objects of large mass, etc. Well, I had flashbacks watching Robben play today. It was as if he warped the entire space-time continuum around Serbia & Montenegro's defense. Their defenders and the ball were being helplessly sucked into a vortex.

Congrats, Erik... Though Serbia should have done a lot more with their chances on the other end, it was just barely enough.

We'll see how well Angola's defense can hold. My guess is that they'll lose a lot of possession to Portugal, but they'll be trying to keep the score down and capitalize on few mistakes and set pieces. Portugal's biggest weakness right now is the hole in the central right defense left by an injured Andrada.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)