World Cup Lounge (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Erik said:
Thanks! Same to you. We're like England now. Only we really really really shouldn't try to defend a 1 goal lead :D
Yeah, cheers, we looked far from solid ourselves in the same position. Robben was absolutely flying though, back to the sort of devastating form he showed when firs at Chelsea.. I was actually scared watching him today, never sen a player consistently skin 3 or 4 players throughout a game.

Keep him on side and you've got potential to go pretty far.

How cool would an England Holland final be by the way :eyebrows:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Tom said:
Yeah, cheers, we looked far from solid ourselves in the same position. Robben was absolutely flying though, back to the sort of devastating form he showed when firs at Chelsea.. I was actually scared watching him today, never sen a player consistently skin 3 or 4 players throughout a game.

Pretty cool, not sure who would win that one at all. We aren't out of this group yet tho...

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Tom said:

it wouldn't be cool.....:disagree:

but a brazil italy final, now thats a final!

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #505
    Tom said:

This final would be hottness. :pint: That's for such a final, but I have to go with Holland winning it :p

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Would be a dilemma for me, I'm in amsterdam the friday and saturday before the final. Should we get an England Holland final I'd be tempted to skip my flight and party away with the dutchies! Gotta love 'em :toast:

Be a shame to be around them all, grieving after the game though :D

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #507
    Tom said:
    Would be a dilemma for me, I'm in amsterdam the friday and saturday before the final. Should we get an England Holland final I'd be tempted to skip my flight and party away with the dutchies! Gotta love 'em :toast:

Be a shame to be around them all, grieving after the game though :D
    You are kidding me. I am there from the 2nd of July. What about a beer?

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #512
    Erik said:
    I was there just last Wednesday so I'll spot the improvement next time I go there. I'm holding you to that!
    You have to check in the right hotel to notice it.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    HT at Portugal-Angola. Some early rookie nerves seemed to get the better of Angola, but they've really pulled it together after the first 15'. Pauleta's early goal opened this match up a bit for Angola, and Portugal are partly playing content with a one-goal lead.

While I appreciate the visuals of Akwa's bicycle kicks in the box, it seems that Angola's best scoring tactics come from aggressive midfielders like Macanga from just outside the box -- where the Portugal defense is giving them room to operate.

Totally different story on the other end. Portugal has the possession, but they're failing to do much of anything creative with it in midfield. Angola is fast on their feet and doing a great job of challenging, and without Deco in the lineup Portugal is lacking some creative control up top.

Carvahlo is the bomb. His maturity on the pitch is showing even more now with Andrade gone. He's showing great vision for the entire pitch and is feeding balls from the back to just the right spaces -- much like Thuram can on his best days. And his stops are as spot-on as ever.

This has pretty much been an even game for the past 30 min. Portugal needs to sub in Deco in the middle -- perhaps for Tiago. Cristiano Ronaldo has had a number of close calls on goal, but his fancy footwork is useless against Angola's speed and tackling. Should be a close, and hopefully better, second half.

EDIT: Oh, and tough yellow card on Angola's Locó before the end of the half. But the guy deserves it for that haircut at least. :)

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #514
    swag said:
    HT at Portugal-Angola. Some early rookie nerves seemed to get the better of Angola, but they've really pulled it together after the first 15'. Pauleta's early goal opened this match up a bit for Angola, and Portugal are partly playing content with a one-goal lead.

While I appreciate the visuals of Akwa's bicycle kicks in the box, it seems that Angola's best scoring tactics come from aggressive midfielders like Macanga from just outside the box -- where the Portugal defense is giving them room to operate.

Totally different story on the other end. Portugal has the possession, but they're failing to do much of anything creative with it in midfield. Angola is fast on their feet and doing a great job of challenging, and without Deco in the lineup Portugal is lacking some creative control up top.

Carvahlo is the bomb. His maturity on the pitch is showing even more now with Andrade gone. He's showing great vision for the entire pitch and is feeding balls from the back to just the right spaces -- much like Thuram can on his best days. And his stops are as spot-on as ever.

This has pretty much been an even game for the past 30 min. Portugal needs to sub in Deco in the middle -- perhaps for Tiago. Cristiano Ronaldo has had a number of close calls on goal, but his fancy footwork is useless against Angola's speed and tackling. Should be a close, and hopefully better, second half.
    On another note, both nations speak Portuguese :cheesy:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    That's cause one of the nations robbed and raped the other one

swag said:
    EDIT: Oh, and tough yellow card on Angola's Locó before the end of the half. But the guy deserves it for that haircut at least.
    Agreed on the haircut. I'm loving Simão, he's too cool for zcool.

Jeeks said:
    You have to check in the right hotel to notice it.
    I dont check into hotels in Amsterdam, I take a train and arrive in 45 minutes

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    its no surprise portugol have the lead but i think angola is playing alright putting in mind that there is nothing expected from them by there supporters. i personally thought the first half was going to enf 3-0 for portugal but a 1-0 loss is not bad at all for angola.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    juve_ruler said:
    its no surprise portugol have the lead but i think angola is playing alright putting in mind that there is nothing expected from them by there supporters. i personally thought the first half was going to enf 3-0 for portugal but a 1-0 loss is not bad at all for angola.
    Hi there ,my friend,didn't see you for a while.:)
    I hope you're ok,enjoying the World Cup!:pint:

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #518
    Erik said:
    I dont check into hotels in Amsterdam, I take a train and arrive in 45 minutes
    The train station is so close to where I'll be.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Erik said:
    Pretty cool, not sure who would win that one at all. We aren't out of this group yet tho...
    No you're not and I don't see Van Basten's men beating the Ivory Coast or Argentina.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)