World Cup Lounge (2 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Jeeks said:
I am one of those who have glue between their fingers.

my bad:D

what did u think of the Ivory Coast - Argentina match Jack? I was terribly dissapointed in the ivorians,they were so wasteful with their chances.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
What the statistics say

Stress is on the cards for Dutch fan legion

In 1978 the Dutch national team had a flying start to their World Cup campaign versus Iran, winning three goals to nil. It was to be the last time the Dutch comfortably won their opening match. However, a bad start didn't always end up having catastrophic consequences.

The victories are prominent in the Dutch history of opening games on major tournaments. In fourteen such games, the Oranje won six times and had to settle for a draw on four occasions.

The last three World Cups showed a lack of confidence in the opening match for the Dutch. In 1990 the fortunate 1-1 draw against Egypt was a sign of things to come in a dreadful campagin. Four years later the lucky 2-1 victory over Saudi-Arabia eventually allowed for the Dutch to reach the quarter-finals. And despite a red card for Patrick Kluivert against Belgium in 1998, the Dutch managed to draw their Southern neighbours and go as far as the semi-final.

Stress and the Netherlands. It's a love-hate relationship.

Source: www.vi.nl

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Geof said:
your damn right! Belgium should have played instead of S&M :p . Seriously, I don't think s&m should have been substituted, that would have been ridiculous.

And for the political atmosphere; I heared some serbian ex-coach on the radio this morning. He said that Yugoslavia are in a political crisis since 50 years now, the guys are used to it....
Sorry mate but Bosnian NT is the one who should go to the world cup instead S&M, but let's be real and say that S&M deserved fair n' square to go to the WC, players deserved to be in Germany...

And other about crisis in Serbia, most of you people can't understand one thing which is the whole Balkan is always in some sort of crisis it's the way we live, and you can't change that...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Moggi D'Messiah said:
Kids! Pfft. Still getting lean. Dont be tight pass the goods. :D
ok we are gonna have to roll another, get me 10 packets of rizzla, soem of your finest herb and a 6x4 table, i am gonna go cheecha nd chong on yo asses

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Bozi.78 said:
ok we are gonna have to roll another, get me 10 packets of rizzla, soem of your finest herb and a 6x4 table, i am gonna go cheecha nd chong on yo asses

Result! Rizzlas on their way. :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
well get it going round, jack and byrone have dibs after me, will have a super-fatty rolled and ready to smoke in time for teh holland game

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #418
    Bozi.78 said:
    Haven't you got one of these yet?

Byron, I was really disappointed. It was the first game that got me excited by the way. And now I am uspet as it will be a tougher competition for Holland and the Elephants to manage the group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)