World Cup Formations Thread (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Seven said:
Especially after they all agreed with Hiddink that "the Italians and Spaniards are just sore losers.". Hell, I'd go as far as saying I want to get even.
Who, may I ask, are "they all"? Also, would you be able to dig up for me the exact quote where Hiddink said that the Italians and Spaniards are sore losers? I'm curious to see the exact wording of the 'quote' that you just paraphrased.

As I've said a million times, I don't understand why everyone holds a grudge against the Koreans. So they upset 3 major footballing 'powers', who were none too pleased with the refereeing in their respective matches. But is that the players' fault? Did they dive or play dirty or score with their hands? Obviously FIFA didn't think so, seeing as how Korea received the fair play award at the end of the tournament

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 1, 2002
Well the memory of such an appalling World Cup is still fresh in many of our minds, thats the reason behind the grudge.

Lets hope this World Cup can wash away those memories forever.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #83
    Does anybody have a clue what that idiot Pekerman is going to employ against the Cote D'Ivoire? Considering he decided to leave out three usual and rightful starters from his squad, it's rather difficult finding what to expect from him.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Andy said:
    Does anybody have a clue what that idiot Pekerman is going to employ against the Cote D'Ivoire? Considering he decided to leave out three usual and rightful starters from his squad, it's rather difficult finding what to expect from him.
    He is gonna play like this:

4-3-1-2

Abbondancieri, Burdisso, Heitze, Ayala, Sorin; Maxi Rodriguez, Macherano, Cambiasso; Riquelme; Messi and Crespo

If Messi is not fit, then Tevez will play in his place.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    gray said:
    Who, may I ask, are "they all"? Also, would you be able to dig up for me the exact quote where Hiddink said that the Italians and Spaniards are sore losers? I'm curious to see the exact wording of the 'quote' that you just paraphrased.

As I've said a million times, I don't understand why everyone holds a grudge against the Koreans. So they upset 3 major footballing 'powers', who were none too pleased with the refereeing in their respective matches. But is that the players' fault? Did they dive or play dirty or score with their hands? Obviously FIFA didn't think so, seeing as how Korea received the fair play award at the end of the tournament
    Why on earth would a team that is granted an enormous amount of help from the referee think of cheating? What kind of inane comment is that, gray? Don't you think it's rather easily to win the fair play award like that?

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Espectro said:

4-3-1-2

Abbondancieri, Burdisso, Heitze, Ayala, Sorin; Maxi Rodriguez, Macherano, Cambiasso; Riquelme; Messi and Crespo

I just saw an interview with Pekerman and he said that for the opening match he will probably not use Messi (he dont want to use him until he is 100% ready), so Tevez will take his place.

Also its been said that Crespo may bnot be ready for that game also, so Julio Cruz would srat along Tevez up front.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #88
    Espectro said:

4-3-1-2

I still laugh at how he decided to leave out Zanetti and Samuel from his squad. I mean is he seriously considering using Burdisso at the back? What about Heinze being without football for the better part of a year? Then if Crespo and Messi are indeed out of the first match, Cruz is certainly not the best man to break through Eboue and Toure and I have my doubts over Tevez as well. Personally, I hope Pekerhead's omission of Zanetti brings about the downfall of his team.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Andy said:
    I still laugh at how he decided to leave out Zanetti and Samuel from his squad. I mean is he seriously considering using Burdisso at the back? What about Heinze being without football for the better part of a year? Then if Crespo and Messi are indeed out of the first match, Cruz is certainly not the best man to break through Eboue and Toure and I have my doubts over Tevez as well. Personally, I hope Pekerhead's omission of Zanetti brings about the downfall of his team.
    agreed abt zanetti, but i think he had some vision of changing the old squad. We will have to wait and see if it will work for him in the WC.

with all the omissions he did, this squad still has more quality than all the other teams in the group

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #90
    Pekerman names line-up for opener
    May 30, 2006

Argentina coach Jose Pekerman has sprung a couple of surprises in his team to face Ivory Coast in the World Cup opener on June 10.

Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze has been confirmed as a starter, but there is no place for Chelsea striker Hernan Crespo or Barcelona prodigy Lionel Messi.

Heinze has made a recovery from the serious knee injury he picked up in September and after impressing coach Jose Pekerman in a warm up game, will start for Argentina.

Pekerman has opted to pair Carlos Tevez and Julio Cruz in attack, meaning Chelsea's Crespo and Barcelona's Messi have to be content with places on the bench.

"The line up of the team for the debut in the World Cup will be the same as the one that played the last friendly match in Buenos Aires before we travelled to Italy," said Pekerman from their training base in Rome.

Therefore, the Argentine team to face Ivory Coast will be as follows:

Roberto Abbondanzieri; Nicolas Burdisso, Roberto Ayala, Gabriel Heinze, Juan Pablo Sorin; Maxi Rodriguez, Javier Mascherano, Esteban Cambiasso, Juan Roman Riquelme; Carlos Tevez, Julio Cruz.

"We have been working very well and we still have ten more days and that will be very important," added Pekerman.

www.worldsoccer.com

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    it wont be that easy for the argentians Erik, i think this Dutch team is one of the best( they always have good squads) but the difference is Van Basten imo.

the only problem is that the squad doesnt have much experience.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I honestly think Holland suck. I'm sorry, but it's just not a good squad.

The defenders are simply horrible, the midfield is hardly anything special and Van Basten decided to drop Seedorf and Huntelaar. Good luck :howler:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Erik said:
    Anyone with brains would have dropped Seedorf.

Leaving Huntelaar is just dumb though
    You can't deny Seedorf is a good player. Van Basten obviously wasn't up to the challenge of keeping him calm, that's all there is to it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Seven said:
    Why on earth would a team that is granted an enormous amount of help from the referee think of cheating? What kind of inane comment is that, gray? Don't you think it's rather easily to win the fair play award like that?
    Right, so you're saying that the Koreans felt so secure in the fact that they were going to score a goal in the final minute against Italy that they didn't feel the need to cheat? Or that they were so certain of sending the quarter-final against Spain to penalties?

Come on Andries, even if I were to say that your "they didn't need to cheat because they knew the referee would help them" argument holds water, why should the blame (or subsequent hateful feelings) for the ref's actions fall on the shoulders of the players?

gray said:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Seven said:
    You can't deny Seedorf is a good player. Van Basten obviously wasn't up to the challenge of keeping him calm, that's all there is to it.
    His own mother can't keep him 'calm' (I like to think of it as "social" or "team player")

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    gray said:
    Right, so you're saying that the Koreans felt so secure in the fact that they were going to score a goal in the final minute against Italy that they didn't feel the need to cheat? Or that they were so certain of sending the quarter-final against Spain to penalties?

Come on Andries, even if I were to say that your "they didn't need to cheat because they knew the referee would help them" argument holds water, why should the blame for the ref's actions fall on the shoulders of the players?
    I'm not saying they didn't "feel the need to cheat", I'm just saying it helps a lot when 5 legal goals aren't disallowed and when you don't receive a second yellow for being brought down in the box. And as much as you may deny it, you're obviously not going to get mad at the reft for disallowing three goals in your favour.

Why it falls on the players? Simple, they got a fourth place in the last World Cup which they blatantly did not deserve. I want to see them go down, simply because I want the whole world to see that Korea is NOT one of the four best squads in the world. As I said before, I know this hatred towards Korea isn't reasonable.

As for the actual corruption, well, I blame Blatter and Fifa obviously, but it doesn't look like anything will change soon. You have no idea of how much it sucks to see Guus Hiddink appearing on that screen, asked to become president FFS, declaring you're a sore loser and that you whine too much (if you really want me to, I can look the actual quote up) when it's so fucking obvious they really DID sit around a table and decided to knock you out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)