World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (78 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
How fucked up mentally can some of you be?

The WC is 12years from now, probably some of us wont live or be alive until then and probably some people will change their opinions until then. In 12 years you change a lot you know.

We change mentally and have different characters with time and some of you are crying out loud why Qatar is hosting the WC.

Pathetic.
perhaps the best post in this thread and i'm not surprised its rab :tup: :beer:

i dont understand the amount of grudges in this thread towards qatar taking it so what?!!??! move on. the usa and england both had there turns to host it and they did a good job at least the usa held a great world cup back in 94, so lets give others a chance to show the world they too can hold a proper world cup. get over it guys!!! this soo reminds me of when south africa won the bid, and the gates of hell where unleashed on south africa and the entire continent.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Chicken littles love to say we're doomed when it's not the pick they hoped for.

People are honestly thinking that this is a bid beauty contest? C'mon -- how naive can you get? The only way England will get to host again is when everyone else's European bid falls through or implodes.

And that's the way it should be. I mean, even the Olympics didn't return to Athens for over 100 years...

I was thinking about that. It would be a genius idea if not for the fact that the club calendars of much of the world would clash with it.

Yeah, IMO biggest problem would not be actually holding the world cup during the winter, a gap of one month could be found in the league calendars, but you would also need 2-3 weeks before for the NT's to prepare, and at least a week or two after dor the players to rest, so you would really need two or two and a half months which would be too much.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Its actually quite obvious that the likes of Andy, Burke, Luca and the rest know nothing about Qatar, i'm willing to bet they never heard of it before their WC bid. Its all just them being very bitter and not accepting of the fact that they got beaten fair and square. Questions like "will women be allowed in stadiums", and "will alcohol be available" just shows their knowledge of the country.
I'm pretty sure they had heard about Qatar, don't act as if you have some god given right to judge because you are slightly more informed about Qatar. And it's not about them being bitter either I bet. I for one am relieved the World Cup won't be held in Belgium, so that's not why I disagree with both choices. One thing that does bother me is all the bullshit about alcohol. If Qatar decides to prohibit the use of alcohol, I think they have every right to.

it's only an issue when it goes to BrownTown.
Bullshit. Using the race card is so low. I couldn't care less about what race gets to organise the World Cup, it's a global event anyway. But human rights violations are everywhere in Qatar and therefore I think it is obvious that they should not be allowed to host the World Cup. I think that's a very sensible opinion.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah that video sucked balls but that was not the reason why we didnt win the bid.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is what talks to these ghastly corrupt pricks.
This isn't rocket science, boys. Let me explain to you how the committee thinks:

England, USA -- screw you. Been there, done that. Next.

Russia? BRIC country with an emerging impact on UEFA, not to mention heavy influence on Chelsea for that matter. Obvious choice.

Australia? Not your turn yet. The continent spread will work in your favor in due time. And there's a financial base to speak of for the sport among its fans and the supporting economy. But you're still too isolated compared to the Middle East, which has been a stronger up-and-comer with its influence on the sport of late and not hosting a WC yet.

I'm telling ya. This ain't friggin' rocket science. Get the donkey crap out of your eyes and stop hiding behind some phantom, "Oh, but our midterm paper was the best!"

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's not what it should be about either. This I could even agree with, because it's not purely about personal gains, but in the long run it's still just about the dollars. It wasn't about the best option economically, it was about the best bid. That's what your starting point should be. Russia's bid was not the best and Qatar's is nothing but a financial point of view. So no, FIFA did not follow their own rules.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, but not because of moral reasons or anything. I just don't like Qatar as a destination. I'm planning to go to Brazil though.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The bid part is like the interview questions at a beauty pageant. Nobody cares what's coming out of your trap if you can stuff a swimsuit.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No, but not because of moral reasons or anything. I just don't like Qatar as a destination. I'm planning to go to Brazil though.
Then I don't see why you're complaining about it.

You're moaning for Qatar hosting the WC and God forbid who knows, you might be kidnapped in 2014 in Brazil (while attending WC games)...

Being biased isn't good. One should judge the WC when the tournament is over, just like what we all did in 2002 (Korea-Japan) and 2010 (South Africa).

If you let your biased opinion out of you, you might as-well consider the Qatar WC in 12 years to be the most successful. Just saying. You never know.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I wonder though, is hosting a major event like this a net gain or less for the host country? They certainly have to front a lot of cash to make it happen, but do they make it up?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Then I don't see why you're complaining about it.

You're moaning for Qatar hosting the WC and God forbid who knows, you might be kidnapped in 2014 in Brazil.

Being biased isn't good. One should judge the WC when the tournament is over, just like what we all did in 2002 (Korea-Japan) and 2010 (South Africa).

If you let your biased opinion out of you, you might as-well consider the Qatar WC in 12 years to be the most successful. Just saying.
It's not about it being a good World Cup or not, Rab. I'm quite sure they can organise a good World Cup.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It's not about it being a good World Cup or not, Rab. I'm quite sure they can organise a good World Cup.
Isn't the whole point/idea about all this topic and issue having a good organized world cup???

What people seek in WC's other than a good organized ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)