World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (87 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I also heard that it is much better in UAE. But I hear that Qatar is similar to Saudi Arabia in treating others.
I have three mixed race friends that worked in Saudi Arabia as paramedics, all of them quite dark in complexion but they never complained about being treated like dirt. Ask the Pakistani guys around here that have worked in Saudi Arabia & they can't stop cussing & cursing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I also heard that it is much better in UAE. But I hear that Qatar is similar to Saudi Arabia in treating others.
You will always find some sick people who would think they're better than others because they're richer. But personally I've met some extremely rich people from the gulf and they were pretty down to earth kind of people, Really modest.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I understand you guys being happy the World Cup is being hosted near your homes, but making an argument that Qatar's the best cadidate is like blowing smoke in the air.

And what's with the whole "the Middle East deserves the WC since it's never had one"? That shouldn't even be an argument. I'm not bitching the WC has never been held in Albania cuz the Balkans have never hosted it. And there's a population more than twice as big as Qatar's with a much older football culture, and it has Mediterranean weather which is the most perfect weather there can be.

The only merit Qatar has is money, that's it. Will they host a good World Cup? It remains too be seen. I think Oranje fans are good indicators of the atmoshpere and if they're allowed to be up to their usual shenanigans I don't see why it can't be great.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I understand you guys being happy the World Cup is being hosted near your homes, but making an argument that Qatar's the best cadidate is like blowing smoke in the air.
Wrong. Just because some nations have more resources & wealth doesn't automatically mean that they will present the best bid.

And what's with the whole "the Middle East deserves the WC since it's never had one"? That shouldn't even be an argument. I'm not bitching the WC has never been held in Albania cuz the Balkans have never hosted it. And there's a population more than twice as big as Qatar's with a much older football culture, and it has Mediterranean weather which is the most perfect weather there can be.
Every continent deserves to host the WC. FFS South America & Europe have had their fair share. That being said, i'm not overly excited about Qatar getting & there are certainly better Arab countries to host it, but its great that people will be forced to experience a culture other then their own.:D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Good post. And to an extent I agree. But the big difference is that in Qatar it's all pretty obvious, whereas in the US it's a bit below the sufrace. A World Cup in a country that blatantly has what can only be defined as a slave class.. come on, you know it ain't right.

And what about the infrastructure after the World Cup. South Africa can't even use their stadiums to the fullest now so how on Earth are Qatar going to fill them as soon as the World Cup is over? It's also the only bid that was nothing but a financial proposal. All other bids had more to offer than just money. And there's the atmosphere of scandal surrounding the Qatari bid from the start and the fact that Qatar don't have a proper national team. And last but not least, the climate is pretty horrible for a World Cup. We wouldn't play games in Alaska during Winter now would we?

Come on, it's a joke and we all know it.
Wrong. With the exception of two stadiums the rest are being used for various sporting events like football & rugby. Also, the stadiums are being used for concerts & expos. Some are converting certain sections to act as mini malls with fast food outlets.

Provided a stadium has a decent management company running the stadium then there shouldn't be an issue maintaining & using them to their potential.
Not to mention that one legacy of the 1990 World Cup was that -- ummm, as is legendary among Juve fans -- a certain Stadio delle Alpi hasn't exactly been used to the fullest since then either... :shifty:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Wrong. Just because some nations have more resources & wealth doesn't automatically mean that they will present the best bid.

Every continent deserves to host the WC. FFS South America & Europe have had their fair share. That being said, i'm not overly excited about Qatar getting & there are certainly better Arab countries to host it, but its great that people will be forced to experience a culture other then their own.:D
I agree but the Middle East is not a continent, it's part of Asia. It was last held there in 2002. If not USA, I think Australia should have been the one, seeing as it's the only continent that has never gotten it.

And I can't say I saw all the bids because I only saw the US one, but didn't Qatar get a high risk rating with other countries scoring higher in the other categories or whtever they were?

But yeah, it's a long time from now and it might turn out good so...we'll just have to wait and see.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
How fucked up mentally can some of you be?

The WC is 12years from now, probably some of us wont live or be alive until then and probably some people will change their opinions until then. In 12 years you change a lot you know.

We change mentally and have different characters with time and some of you are crying out loud why Qatar is hosting the WC.

Pathetic.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I agree but the Middle East is not a continent, it's part of Asia. It was last held there in 2002. If not USA, I think Australia should have been the one, seeing as it's the only continent that has never gotten it.

And I can't say I saw all the bids because I only saw the US one, but didn't Qatar get a high risk rating with other countries scoring higher in the other categories or whtever they were?

But yeah, it's a long time from now and it might turn out good so...we'll just have to wait and see.
Obviously, jeez. So what if Japan/Korea hosted it, it's gonna be 20 years from now. North America hosted it three times, South America four times & Europe ten times.

Mexico last hosted the WC in 1986 & USA hosted it in 1994 was that fair? Rotation is a good idea if everything is on order. I do feel bad for Australia, i really, really do.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Obviously, jeez. So what if Japan/Korea hosted it, it's gonna be 20 years from now. North America hosted it three times, South America four times & Europe ten times.

Mexico last hosted the WC in 1986 & USA hosted it in 1994 was that fair? Rotation is a good idea if everything is on order. I do feel bad for Australia, i really, really do.
fyi the last continent to organize a world cup as far rotation is concerned is north america

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
How fucked up mentally can some of you be?

The WC is 12years from now, probably some of us wont live or be alive until then and probably some people will change their opinions until then. In 12 years you change a lot you know.

We change mentally and have different characters with time and some of you are crying out loud why Qatar is hosting the WC.

Pathetic.
:tup: :tup:

Some sanity in this forum.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't know about Russia, but Qatar had no chance to win that without bribing the corrupt FIFA guys.
:lol:

Why?

The Qatar bid had a lot going for it, the stadiums are superb, they have the means to set up great infrastructure, the middle east is getting more and more into football, and the region has never hosted the tournament before.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I like mine sweet, the americans here for some reason i will never understand like them sour. I'm going to enjoy rubbing it in their faces for as long as i can :D

Apr 12, 2004
I've yet to see a proper argument from you for your assertion that Qatar are going to fuck it up.
They are Muslims.
icεmαή;2787978 said:
My personal freedom is different from yours. Your culture is different from mine. So if you are coming to my country I'd expect you to be vary of my rules, because you are in my home ground. And I'd do the same if I were to come to your land. Its called common sense.
So if you came here you would fuck bitches with no rubbers, get wasted, and talk about how much India sucks cock and how it should be bombed so American companies have to hire Americans?

Because that's what we do here.
So Andy, we're all tense, will you go to Qatar?
Nope.
Qatar has a STRONGER footballing culture than you or Australia.
And a stronger suicide bombing culture.
What's with you and grapes?
He can't drink wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)