World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (99 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
it about time some one spilled the beans of another agenda!!! :D considering i've lived there my entire life i can safely tell u u have it easier in the eastern coast than riyadh which is really what andy calls islamist going to footie games :D

if u want a partner to run the business please howler :D
I can use a business partner. Don't worry about the legal stuff, though, I have more than one 'WASTA' :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ppl in the middle east are crazy about football tho, soccer isnt even that popular in the US as a whole.

I thik its fair that each region gets a shot, i was happy for africa last time and now am for russia and qatar.
What the fuck you talking about?

Soccer is the most widely played youth sport in the country. By the time 2022 gets here, it will be more popular than it is now, in part because other sports are so expensive to play.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Probably, some ppl who cannot afford staying in expensive Qatari hotels will stay in Saudi Arabia, it's only a 2-hours trip by car :lol:

Don't worry, though, I'm thinking of starting a business in Saudi Arabia around that time providing booze and cheap hookers from Thailand.
Send us your e-Business card.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
all kids play soccer/football here, ever heard of the term "soccer mom"?
That I know from the movies :D

I'm asking since when is this happening? Was it the case 10 years ago? If yes, then where are all those kids now? Are they still playing the sport (professionally)?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Honest question without sarcasm or hidden point to make: Since when?

If it's a recent thing, then you might have a point.
Since World Cup 1994, basically. I'm not sure what the numbers were back then, so it might technically only be since 2000. But it all got started because of the World Cup.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
That I know from the movies :D

I'm asking since when is this happening? Was it the case 10 years ago? If yes, then where are all those kids now? Are they still playing the sport (professionally)?
very good question, kids usually tend to drop the sport around highschool time for a number of reasons, first remember that there are no "schools" here competition at that level is done at the varsity level, and the trendy sports in HS are football/baseball/basketball, so resources are allocated to those first.

Mar 10, 2009
What the fuck you talking about?

Soccer is the most widely played youth sport in the country. By the time 2022 gets here, it will be more popular than it is now, in part because other sports are so expensive to play.

well I dunno, peraps I was mistaken, the Americans I know all tell me that Basketball and american football are the most popular sports there.
But I guess it depends which state you live in. But then I've never been to America so I dont know.

Either way I also didnt get what I wanted, I wanted england to get the world cup in 2018 and the riverside stadium which is only 10 minutes away from my house was one of the stadiums listed by the FA.

England shot themselves in the foot the media sold them out for cash, why not wait...AFTER THE FREAKING ANNOUNCEMENTS, before accusing fifa :sergio:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Congartulations to Russia and Qatar.

The stadiums in the Qatar bid look superb, think that they will put on a great tournament

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
well I dunno, peraps I was mistaken, the Americans I know all tell me that Basketball and american football are the most popular sports there.
Football is starting to grow. Almost everyone among the young twenties to the teenagers now is familiar with the big teams and somewhat follows the sport. Not tto the same extent as NBA and NFL, but the fact they play as kids makes them more open-minded to it. I was surprised to see how many cared for Barca-Real.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Qatar will host a great World Cup, am pretty confident of that. Anyone who really knows that country and specially the people on top would know what kind of mentality and vision they have.

Doubters are in for a surprise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)