World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (100 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I hope normal Arabs aren't priced out of attending games.
Same thing was said about the South Africans and they showed up.
South Korea and Japan are quite different from Qatar for multiple reasons.

Current temperature in Doha right now... 41 degrees, from Sky Sports. :lol:
Different or not, there is about 40 million people in the Gulf and I think those are the people that will show up, and probably people from other Arab countries as well.

Yeah, the heat on the other hand, thats fucked up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
:weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee:
Qatar won it.

Fuck the fucking states of America,and enough of hearing our beautiful game being called soccer.

It's silly to say no one will come and watch,the football fans in mideast are ten times more than those of USA,Japan and Korea.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
One of the England bid presenters on Sky Sports just said, "now we have to comprehend why we didn't get the bid."

Don't you already know? You didn't offer enough "incentives."

"Bad day for football fans." Too true.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
bahahahahhaa!

congrats to all my Middle Eastern bradas!

haters gon' hate, fuck 'em all!

see ya in twenty oh twenty twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Current temperature in Doha right now... 41 degrees, from Sky Sports. :lol:
:lol:

The thing that gets me the most is that all the other previous countries have had some culture and beauty to them and it was awesome seeing the distinuishing characters of the country itself as part of the game and as a background.

Qatar is barely a country, are they just goning to show all the oil refineries and empty land when the World Cup goes there? They could make some pretty sick buildings there's no doubt but come on, Qatar over Australia, Japan, and US?

Aug 1, 2003
:lol2:

They're right, it's a terrible day for the football purists.
If you're angry with whoever's in charge ie FIFA or the countries and the bribes etc that is understandable. What are you referring to as football purists, I have difficulty in understanding this, are you implying that real culturally football cultivated fans will not be watching this or only live outside the vicinity of the middle east? Rather unfair don't you think? Unless you are referring to the country themselves that I may understand, England for example breathes football since ages whereas Qatar may not be as passionate as a country

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #74
    If you're angry with whoever's in charge ie FIFA or the countries and the bribes etc that is understandable. What are you referring to as football purists, I have difficulty in understanding this, are you implying that real culturally football cultivated fans will not be watching this or only live outside the vicinity of the middle east? Rather unfair don't you think? Unless you are referring to the country themselves that I may understand, England for example breathes football since ages whereas Qatar may not be as passionate as a country
    It's pointless comparing Qatar to European countries anyway as they weren't in direct competition, it's Qatar versus other Asian countries plus USA.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Based on "It's not the evil West."

Although it might be good that we lost the bid for 2022. It slightly reduces our risk of retaliatory terror attacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)